Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-05-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Peyton Manning is God

I don't care if the Colts lose this game today.

I don't care if Joseph Addai runs for 400 yards, and 6 touchdowns.

There is not a better QB in the NFL than Peyton Manning.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning is God

brady's better, but that's about it.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is 9 for 11, for 147 yards, Brady is 9 for 11 for 113 yards......

six in one hand, it's all personal preference.

But our guy is 21 for 30 for 176 yards.......

& they are only in the second Qtr
Old 11-05-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, the Peyton has a pact with the devil.

Link

The theory makes sense. If he were God, he would not be playing for a franchise that was stolen away in the middle of the night.
Old 11-05-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Did you guys see that interview where Peyton Manning was saying how he wishes he could throw to guys like Ashley Lelie and Alge Crumpler?

Seriously though, he's the best in the game. He's the picture of consistency and dedication.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is great. On the other hand, with all the help New England's getting from the powers that be, it will a miracle for them to lose.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
samomin
Veteran

Manning lost my respect when he pointed fingers at his teamates after a playoff loss (his OL). No matter how bad the team plays, you don't point fingers at teammates. I hope he never wins a Superbowl, or better still never even makes it to a Superbowl. Unfortunately, I like Tony Dungy and want him to win a superbowl. Hopefully it won't be with Manning.
Old 11-05-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton is the best thrower in the NFL. I think he's the best QB period. Manning has never had a top echelon defense since he's been with the Colts. Tom Brady had one every year he won the Super Bowl. If we went on a playground and you chose Manning and I got Brady though, it's not like I'd be disappointed however.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take the guy who's proven it many diffrent situations with all kinds of players around him, with and without a running game, against any defense, the guy that's the same all the time no matter what.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by samomin View Post
Manning lost my respect when he pointed fingers at his teamates after a playoff loss (his OL). No matter how bad the team plays, you don't point fingers at teammates. I hope he never wins a Superbowl, or better still never even makes it to a Superbowl. Unfortunately, I like Tony Dungy and want him to win a superbowl. Hopefully it won't be with Manning.
I'm watching Adai fall down, Clark drop balls, Wayne drop balls...... & they show Peyton looking at his guys, smiling, and laughing.... It's like he's saying, "don't worry about that one, we'll get the next one"
Old 11-05-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'll take the guy who's proven it many diffrent situations with all kinds of players around him, with and without a running game, against any defense, the guy that's the same all the time no matter what.
You know........ if he choked the way McNabb chokes in big games, I can see your point. But you know winning a SuperBowl is bigger than a one guy.

Peyton not getting past the AFC Championship game, IMHO is more reflective of the coaching, and not the QBing....

Well, I didn't agree with Peyton sending the field goal team off the field.... but again, I see that as a coaching problem.
Old 11-05-2006   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is the best QB in the NFL right now. Anyone who argues with this just doesn't watch football. Not only is he morer talented than any other player, but he's given a lot more freedom than other players. He is the most intelligent at his position period.

He may or may not be the best ever in terms of QBs. It will all depend on whether he can play the big game.
Old 11-05-2006   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watchuing the game, thinking the exact same thing. For my money, Manning is the best QB I have ever seen play. I'm not talking about winning playoffs and Super Bowls, that's more of a team deal. But just as a QB, arm strength, accuracy, pocket awareness, reading defenses, and that stuff, he is the best I have ever seen. Most good QB's throw one or two passes a game that make you say, ''wow''. Manning makes about 10 of those a game. His accuracy is unbelievable, give him 6 inches to get the ball in, and he gets it in there. I could go on and on, but you have all seen him.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
In the world of "what have you done for me lately", Brady is lagging pretty far behind.

19/33, 176 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs

That's pretty bad no matter who you're playing with, with or without a running game, and against any defense.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Just to make it clear..... although I worship at the alter of Peyton......

I hope like hell that Brady and his crew wins this game.
Old 11-05-2006   #16
TexasSportsFan4
Rookie

No way. I can't stand the Patriots. If only the Colts were in a different division they would be my 2nd favorite team
TexasSportsFan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
In the world of "what have you done for me lately", Brady is lagging pretty far behind.

19/33, 176 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs

That's pretty bad no matter who you're playing with, with or without a running game, and against any defense.
definitely a bad game. very uncharacteristic.
Old 11-06-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Manning proved he is still the best QB in the league. Don't pull that "Brady has 3 rings" BS on me. A ring doesn't make Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I think Manning proved he is still the best QB in the league. Don't pull that "Brady has 3 rings" BS on me. A ring doesn't make Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino.
Does Joe Montana's four rings make him better than Marino? Dan has all the stats, but never had a good defense, and doesn't have a ring. So which one is 'better', Montana or Marino?

It's the same thing with Brady and Manning. One has the superior arm and talent, but the other makes plays in crunch time. I don't think you could go wrong with either player, to be honest. I'd take Manning as a franchise QB, but if it was one game that had to be won, I'd take Brady.

They are both the two best QBs in football right now, hands down. Debating who is 'better' is subjective at best.

What I find amusing is that the 'experts' said pocket passers were going to be a thing of the past because of the "new breed" of running QBs. Shows what 'experts' know about these things.
Old 11-06-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Does Joe Montana's four rings make him better than Marino?
nah, him being a better QB makes him better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read