Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile mario vs. reggie

hey guys, who do you think is having a better season so far...mario or reggie?
i already know what ESPN thinks, but what do YOU think?

for my i feel like mario is getting better each week while bush is struggling.
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: mario vs. reggie

Not even close.

Mario >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > Bush
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

mario must be doing something right. the bush supporters seem quiet lately
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario, hands down. Running backs are in a better position to come in and start with a team as a rookie. Bush has been a bad running back and a so-so dump off option. He's getting a lot of catches but not much yardage...

BUT...

Now he's going to use the "I hab a sower ankew" excuse. Watch ESPN talk about how he's injured and that's why he's not walking on water.

Anyway, Mario has set the Texans rookie sack record already, he leads the team in sacks, and he's getting better each week. He's going to be scary good.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember right after preseason before the season started ESPN was doing a special on the rookies & the last question was Mario vs Reggie.

Trey Wingo asked if Bush will have more TDs than Mario has sacks.

Golic & Schlereth said it would be Mario= 8 sacks & Reggie= 5 TD.

Salisbury & Jaworski said it would be Reggie= 12 TD & Mario= 6 sacks.

It is nice to see who was wrong.

How is this "Reggie is God" thing workin out for ESPN now?
Old 11-05-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, when they took Mario over Reggie in the draft, I was mad that they took an unproven "work-out warrior" who wasn't really the best DL at North Carolina, over the "2nd coming of Gale Sayers", who was a lock to be the greatest HOF player in history.

Looks like Kubiak knew what he was doing.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario, easy. I like the fight I saw in him today. With him and Demeco Ryans, I see a dominant defense in the making. Do you think the talking heads will ever admit they were wrong? Not until we start winning, my guess. Heres hoping we go 6-2 over the last half of the season!
Old 11-05-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I think ESPN has given up on Bush. He has been so bad (as I predicted) in his rookie season that they have nothing to manufacture more hype. Not only was this guy not worth the #1 pick, I don't think he was worth a 1st round pick. The other 3 running backs taken in the 1st round are having better seasons.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

As of right now it's not even close, Mario is outperforming Bush. Just don't forget they're both half way through their rookie campaigns. I think they're both going to make good pro's.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Mario, easy. I like the fight I saw in him today. With him and Demeco Ryans, I see a dominant defense in the making. Do you think the talking heads will ever admit they were wrong? Not until we start winning, my guess. Heres hoping we go 6-2 over the last half of the season!
I'm wondering if a "few" posters are going to admit they were wrong. I remember what it was like around here back on draft day.
Old 11-05-2006   #11
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Did Bush have - yards today running?

How does Mario compare to Vince and D Brick though?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm wondering if a "few" posters are going to admit they were wrong. I remember what it was like around here back on draft day.
Your right.

I wasnt a member of this board at draft time but I did want Mario.

Actually, I think I just wanted anybody but Bush. I would've been happy with Ferguson, Young, or Hawk.
Old 11-05-2006   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have really been impressed with Mario, he put a lot of pressure on eli today that goes unaccounted for.

I loved this years draft. I keep flip flopping about next year. LaRon Landry, no Leon Hall, no Offensive Line stud, no Adrian Peterson. How bout all of them!

At this point I trust Kubiak and Co. they sure as heck know more about everything than we do. I think I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do. I'm just really excited to finish the season strong, see what happens in the offseason and next years draft.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #14
los is 7
Rookie

All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers. Look at Mario He will be an animal in a couple of years. The Bush lovers sure are quiet, it would be nice if they would come on board and admit that maybe the coaching staff and talent evaluators know a little more than they do.
So to them I say go Bush yourselves!
los is 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by los is 7 View Post
The Bush lovers sure are quiet, it would be nice if they would come on board and admit that maybe the coaching staff and talent evaluators know a little more than they do.
Old 11-05-2006   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by los is 7 View Post
All you Carr haters, must be Bush lovers.
Not true, I'm a Carr "hater" (ok, not really a hater just don't think he will get it done for us) and a Bush hater, so that theory is out the door.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #17
FanFromCali
Rookie

I think the argument is about done by now. Willams was the better choice, and thank God we didn't take Young. I know all you guys love the guy because he is from Houston but he just does not have what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. It makes me happy the Titans screwed up and took him instead of Leinhart

Now, I have to admit I wanted the team to trade down and take Ferguson but I am VERY happy with Williams.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Did Bush have - yards today running?

How does Mario compare to Vince and D Brick though?
I don't know how D'Brick is doing.... it's hard to judge an OLman if you aren't watching the game. Same as judging a DLman, but there are even less stats for an OL man.

Then Vince.... just because he was starting way before any one thought he would be, IMHO, means he is doing a lot better his first year than "everyone" thought he would. Don't expect Vince to complete more than 50% of his passes, don't expect Vince to throw for 26 touchdowns, or to rush for 500 yards this season. All he has to do, is get used to the speed of the game, learn the play book, and start recognizing the defensive looks he'll see. It's hard to determine how well he is doing in those situations, But if the Titans are competitive next year, you know he did what he was supposed to do.

If the Titans are competitive this year.... Vince is doing better than any of us thought.

Mario is doing fine....... but I'd like to see him step it up a bit more in the 4th, when the game is on the line.

I like his energy through out the game, I'm satisfied with Mario, very pleased indeed...... But he & Demeco need to step it up in the 4th, and take over the game.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #19
tbell ncsu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
the best DL at North Carolina.
north carolina STATE!!!!!

yes, it absolutely matters.
tbell ncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbell ncsu View Post
north carolina STATE!!!!!

yes, it absolutely matters.
I take it you don't care for TarHeels??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read