Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default Is Kubiak Trying To Save Face??

This is just a question.. me and a friend was talking about this at work..

With Kubiak coming in and saying.. "Carr is our guy", do you all believe that Carr will not pull Carr permantely for Sage because he wants to save face for the organization?

He passed up Matt Leinart and Vince Young (Not saying that it was the wrong choice) but alot of people were upset that he passed Young up to keep Carr as the leader of this team.

If its turns out that Carr is not the guy and Young could have been in his hometown (possibly) leading his team into the future, then alot of fans would never forgive Kubiak for that.

So could Kubiak be keeping him in the starting line-up to save face from his original statement and his original moves with this organization??

once again this is just a question.. the conversation was interesting and i thought i should expand the conversation to this board.
Old 11-05-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Kubiak Trying To Save Face??

no, rookies haven't done much yet in this season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I think he needs to keep him in for a full evaluation. Pulling him now and playing Sage is basically kicking Carr to the curb. Play him the rest of the year, see how hes doing through the rest of the season, no point in giving up on him. He didn't have a great game today but it was 1000x better than last week and I expect him to have far more good games than bad games.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

No, I don't think he is trying to sae face. I didn't agree with keeping David Carr, but it was a better decision than I would have made.

I like Babin, but can you imagine our DL with Weaver & Babin Anchoring it?? I'd rather not.

I'd have been fine with letting Carr walk($8 million) and picking up Sage to start... or work something out with McNair.... Joey Harrington(I'd have loved this........ I know..... I know).

But Kubiak had to evaluate our team, OL, DL, DBs..... before he can give up on Carr. I'm sure after working with our OL for 9 weeks now, I'm sure he knows we have/had bigger problems than Carr.

But if we hadn't taken Mario with the first, chances are we wouldn't have picked up Demeco in the second, which would have been a big loss...

Imagine not drafting Mario who is leading our team in sacks........ & tackles I believe amoung the DL. Then imagine not drafting Demeco who leads our team in tackles as well.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But if we hadn't taken Mario with the first, chances are we wouldn't have picked up Demeco in the second, which would have been a big loss...

Imagine not drafting Mario who is leading our team in sacks........ & tackles I believe amoung the DL. Then imagine not drafting Demeco who leads our team in tackles as well.
Good points TK. Mario and Demeco will be the face of the defense for a very long time.
Old 11-05-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post, TK.

We got Mario and Demeco with the first two picks. They were great additions to this team, not to mention the rest of the draft picks this year.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at this draft class and tell me how anyone can talk bad about what Kubiak has done. Kubiak's face is in good shape

On the Carr front, Kubiak has made some pretty amazing progress with him. Kubiak thought he could improve Carr's game and he has. But he didn't expect to turn him into Dan Marino overnight and neither should we.

Kubiak has made some calls during games that I'd consider questionable but I think there are reasons for that.

Kubiak is in good shape.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TK again.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TK again.
well get to it......... and come back to me.......
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read