Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You complainers need to get a grip

Hats off to the team and coaching staff for a great effort on the road. With what Kubiak had to start with, he's done a great job. All the complainers need to just relax and let him do his job. Just think, we could have had Bush (11 carries for -5 yards) hehehe I watched the same game everyone else did and I saw so much more positive than negative this game after the game last week. I'll take it and move on to the next game with the Jags. Think they won't be out for revenge? Should be a great one so everyone buckle up and support the home team.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You complainers need to get a grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Hats off to the team and coaching staff for a great effort on the road. With what Kubiak had to start with, he's done a great job. All the complainers need to just relax and let him do his job. Just think, we could have had Bush (11 carries for -5 yards) hehehe I watched the same game everyone else did and I saw so much more positive than negative this game after the game last week. I'll take it and move on to the next game with the Jags. Think they won't be out for revenge? Should be a great one so everyone buckle up and support the home team.
Good post.

People need to remember that we were 2-14 last year & our team is adjusting to a new coach, new players, and a new scheme on offense & defense.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Good post.

People need to remember that we were 2-14 last year & our team is adjusting to a new coach, new players, and a new scheme on offense & defense.
You guys both get rep from me. In a year like this you have to look beyond the W-L column. I once predicted 8+ wins, but someone should have slapped me back to reality. This year is about Kubes finding who is here next year, and what he needs to get it done in '07.
Old 11-05-2006   #4
belars44
Rookie

Quote:
Good post.

Damn me......I guess I should have waited until after the first 4 years to start being a fan and following this team. We were 2-14 last year...........what a statement.
belars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by belars44 View Post
Damn me......I guess I should have waited until after the first 4 years to start being a fan and following this team. We were 2-14 last year...........what a statement.
I dont really understand where you are going with this...
Old 11-05-2006   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And maybe we'll be a 2-14 team this season. But we're a better team this year than last year and if you can't see that then you need to get some new eyes. We should have won last week and we COULD have won this week in a game that most of us expected to be a blow out for the Giants. This team showed a lot of heart today.

If you choose to look at the negative, then go ahead. Rock on with your bad self. But remember that you're choosing to make yourself unhappy.

Personally, I think the team's on the right track. I couldn't say that last year at this time.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people CHOOSE not to see the improvement. It doesn't fit what they want to complain about.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
belars44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And maybe we'll be a 2-14 team this season. But we're a better team this year than last year and if you can't see that then you need to get some new eyes. We should have won last week and we COULD have won this week in a game that most of us expected to be a blow out for the Giants. This team showed a lot of heart today.

I sit on the front row of what is this year the offensive bench so I see things up close and much more personal than most actually.

If you choose to look at the negative, then go ahead. Rock on with your bad self. But remember that you're choosing to make yourself unhappy.

Hardly, I enjoy all the games and drive in from Austin for each and every one. I'm just realistic about what you call me being negative about and what I call habit of this team.

Personally, I think the team's on the right track. I couldn't say that last year at this time.
Not the first time I've heard this after a "competitive" loss, which by the way is as much of a loss as last week's.
belars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

I have a question for you? What are you trying to say?

Is this pointed at bah007?
Old 11-05-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I dont really understand where you are going with this...
I still dont get it.
Old 11-05-2006   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not the first time I've heard this after a "competitive" loss, which by the way is as much of a loss as last week's.

OK. So what is your point?

Are you saying that if Kubiak was fired and Carr was released that we'd have a better chance of winning games? Are you saying that this team hasn't made any progress and isn't getting better? Are you saying that we should build a time machine and go back and tell McNair not to bother bringing a team to Texas? I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

You've heard people try to take some solace in losing close games before, well, stick around long enough and you'll hear it again. You watch pro football long enough and everyone goes through down periods. The reality is that this team has never really had an up period yet. We're building towards it. If you don't think we're moving in that direction, that's fine. You could be right. But I prefer to see the improvement and hope that we're going to start getting some wins soon.
Old 11-05-2006   #12
TexansJunkE
Veteran

MPO, I have no problem losing a game such as this. Last week I was PO, there was no reason to lose to a team such as Tenn. We played tough and and lost a close game that we could have won. I realize my team is not the best team in the NFL, but there is no reason we can't be competitive.
Old 11-06-2006   #13
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Exactly! Last year at this time we were spiraling downward at warp speed. Today we are on the way back up, starting to play as a team and you can see it in our players attitudes together.

I think Kubes is doing a great job. HE KNOWS what he has to work with, he is with them everyday, and I'm sure he knows much better than any of us, who he feels is capable to do certain things. Some things, like a whole new team, with a whole new system and almost all new coaches, TAKE SOME TIME!! It will happen, it is already starting too.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #14
phan1
All Pro

It's hard to be positive when you've been losing all the time. C'mon, another close but well-fought game? This is the best thing the Texans have had to hang their hat on since our 1st game against the Cowboys. At some point, you've got to expect win those close ones. I'm sick of losing!
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has this team on the right track...unfortunately, we just don't have enough engines to pull the train.

Give this staff another off-season/draft, and I think we'll see a whole new team next year. You can see glimmers here and there, but inconsistency and lack of talent is preventing us from seeing the big picture that Kubiak is painting. Patience is the key, because they are truly building from the ground up, testing each piece to make sure it's the right fit and discarding those that are not part of our future.
Old 11-06-2006   #16
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kubiak has this team on the right track...unfortunately, we just don't have enough engines to pull the train.

Give this staff another off-season/draft, and I think we'll see a whole new team next year. You can see glimmers here and there, but inconsistency and lack of talent is preventing us from seeing the big picture that Kubiak is painting. Patience is the key, because they are truly building from the ground up, testing each piece to make sure it's the right fit and discarding those that are not part of our future.
Exactly my point and well said......
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #17
Eyeguy
Veteran

I think we are better off than this time last year.
I expect good things in the 2nd half with a softer schedule and the team coming together more. I think we have a chance to go 4-4 and build real momentum for 07
Old 11-06-2006   #18
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Actually, if you take the time to look at it, it's not.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #19
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Complainers?

I don't think so. The Texans lose a lot of games for various reasons.

Two problems seem to be prevelant even going back to the glory days of Doom Capers. Those prolems are scoring significant offensive points and making significant drives for clutch points while coming from behind.

This offense still has several of the same problems now that Doom Capers had in 2003 and 2004, and they are:

1. Cannot execute the 2-minute drill.

2. Texans only average 16 points a game, as well as can't get a TD in the first half on the road, or even score real TDs late in the game late to come from behind.

3. Only averages about 200 yards passing and 90 yards rushing.

If those three items are not taken care off or improved greatly, it's going to be tough for the Texans to get to .500 unless they have a Ravens type defense.

It is really amazing that Kubiak has the same old problems Capers had with the offense. This offense should at least light up of few teams by the end of this season. If not, I am going to get a little concerned about the future. There is too much reliance on the defense!

The biggest reason why the Texans are more competitive the last few games is the same reason why the Texans were so competitive in 2003 and 2004, which is the play of the defense by keeping games close. Granted, the defense doesn't get many turnovers, but they keep the game in play enough that if the offense would score 14 to 17 points in the first half, the game would be more than winnable.

The Texans offense is enemic and can't be relied to win ball games, that is just the way it is. The defense keeps it close, the offense can't close out, and the fans are satisfied with improvement. That just amazes me.

After the first three games, many people on this board were blaming the defense because they didn't stop anyone. Well, now the defense is making the stops, the offense isn't really playing that much better, and the Texans are still lossing.

Losing is losing, no matter how you slice it.

The defense has improved greatly since the Washington game, whereas the offense is still where it has been since the last few years because they can't put up the points to take advantage of good defensive play.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
The defense has improved greatly since the Washington game, whereas the offense is still where it has been since the last few years because they can't put up the points to take advantage of good defensive play.
I think we're making strides on both sides of the ball. The defense is obviously improving. The problem with the offense is that we're making strides on the offensive side in terms of yardage from the passing game but our running game is inconsistent and we're not scoring points. We don't have as many 3 and outs as we used to have and we're getting better and better at putting long drives together (as in the 18 play drive yesterday) but we're screwing up right before we get to the end zone.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read