Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Same ole, same ole

First off, I think the Texans players showed a lot of heart today. Obviously, we don't have the overall talent to compete in the NFL yet, that's a given. But the gameplanning is absolutely cowardly, just like we've seen in years past. This coaching staff gameplans not to lose, just like the previous staff. The Giants have a weak secondary, especially today with injuries, and yet we refuse to throw the ball downfield when the strength of this team is their receivers. The cowardly play not to lose mentality lost this game like we've seen dozens of times.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
Tayton
Veteran

Default Re: Same ole, same ole

Tough to throw the ball deep with no running game and 6 defensive backs
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Why do we blame the Coach if we don't throw the ball deep??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #4
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I disagree. I'm proud of the way the team played today, especially Carr. I think he showed a lot of heart and that his teammates on offense went the extra mile for him.

It was a tough break at the end, with Cook's fumble, but the team played well and had a chance to win. It looked like bona fide NFL team today. The future is looking better.

Go Texans!

CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
underdog65
Veteran

The team is making strides and by the end of the year we will resemble a real team. Maybe, just maybe we can upset Indy towards the end of the season.
Old 11-05-2006   #6
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog65 View Post
The team is making strides and by the end of the year we will resemble a real team. Maybe, just maybe we can upset Indy towards the end of the season.
When they are sitting all the starters.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
brewhaus
All Pro

IF SHOULD HAVE COULD HAVE, NEVER WOULD HAVE. Or, how about:
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT........

Our team played better this week than last week and I believe that 90% of the Texans fans who watched the game saw the outcome they were expecting.

Our D played good......man, when Glenn Earl lowered the boom on Shockey I literally came out of my chair ! And Mario had what I would call a breakout game. We are gettin' better.

The offense looked more confident, but I was disappointed Carr had to act like he had never been in the end zone before.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

14-10 seems pretty competitive to me. We were a fumble away from making things interesting, we do have the talent to compete with some of the best teams in the league as evidenced by today's game.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was just the opposite. We ran a ton of plays with an empty backfield and it was working. I don't know if that was the game plan or if it was an adjustment but it worked. We won't be able to go deep until we get a bad ***** running game to bring the defense closer to the line of scrimmage.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
belars44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
IF SHOULD HAVE COULD HAVE, NEVER WOULD HAVE. Or, how about:
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT........

Our team played better this week than last week and I believe that 90% of the Texans fans who watched the game saw the outcome they were expecting.

Our D played good......man, when Glenn Earl lowered the boom on Shockey I literally came out of my chair ! And Mario had what I would call a breakout game. We are gettin' better.

The offense looked more confident, but I was disappointed Carr had to act like he had never been in the end zone before.
Seen it year after year for going on 5 now. One "decent" game that still ends in the L column and people talk of getting better and progress. After last week how could it get much worse in year 5 with a rookie type QB. Just wait until after next week when we possibly win 2 in a row and maybe end this league leading 12 game away losing streak before you annoint this as progress. To me it's status quo.
belars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #11
belars44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83 View Post
14-10 seems pretty competitive to me. We were a fumble away from making things interesting, we do have the talent to compete with some of the best teams in the league as evidenced by today's game.
Oh lord.........
Old 11-05-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmm 14-13 what it should have been
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

No moral victories.

I hope that none of the players or coaches are satisfied with the effort today. It wasn't good enough.

I'm tired of losing and I'm the most patient person on the planet when it comes to cheering on the home team.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #14
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone REALLY expect to WIN this game? For petes sake, the Giants are number one at this time. I truly expected to get plummeted! We DIDN'T! Good effort, that's all I have to say, Thanks for the effort! And CARR. . . What a touch town. . .I for one was up and screaming!
High five baby doll!
Old 11-05-2006   #15
belars44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
No moral victories.

I hope that none of the players or coaches are satisfied with the effort today. It wasn't good enough.

I'm tired of losing and I'm the most patient person on the planet when it comes to cheering on the home team.
Along with gr8fan, aj says it best and just how I think as well. And yes he is, I've met the guy and have read his posts and articles for years now.
Old 11-05-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
I think it was just the opposite. We ran a ton of plays with an empty backfield and it was working. I don't know if that was the game plan or if it was an adjustment but it worked. We won't be able to go deep until we get a bad ***** running game to bring the defense closer to the line of scrimmage.
The reason we can't run the ball, is because they always play close to the LOS. As soon as David consistently drop a few bombs behind their heads, they'll back up, and we'll be able to run like we want to.

Not knocking on David, just pointing out my opinion. But teams look like they are giving up the underneath stuff, and daring us to pass deep on them.

Quote:
No moral victories.
obviously not.
Old 11-05-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Two of the hottest teams in the 4th quartere........ locked in a defensive battle.
Old 11-05-2006   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah that was one for the ages wasn't it?

The Giants had several starters out. We had the lead entering the 4th. The game was there for the taking and we didn't take it. Two weeks in a row.

There's a stretch of 5 games coming up where if they don't win 3, I'll be disappointed. If they win 3 of the next 5 they will be on track for 6-10 which is about where I thought they'd be at season's start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
obviously not.
You really wouldn't know.

Last edited by aj.; 11-05-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2006   #19
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
No moral victories.

Lets see.... having the lead in the 4th quarter on the road at one of the toughest places to play in the nfl and a turnover was really the only thing keeping us from sneaking out of there with our 1st road win in since FOREVER. I will take the moral victory because winning on the road has to start somewhere and i think we get it done next week in jacksonville this is good momentum even with the loss.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
Lets see.... having the lead in the 4th quarter on the road at one of the toughest places to play in the nfl and a turnover was really the only thing keeping us from sneaking out of there with our 1st road win in since FOREVER. I will take the moral victory because winning on the road has to start somewhere and i think we get it done next week in jacksonville this is good momentum even with the loss.
Yay us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read