Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP
Default How long do we ignore the obvious?

How long does KUBIAK get a free pass? you can look at the game film till yer blue in the face and you will still find as many bad play calls, or lack of play calls as you will find miscues from the texans players. this from kubiak whos promised us he would play to win. or "bring a winning attitude to the texans" Mr. Kubiak yer not doing that. we have showed the rest of the league we will not play to win so you dont need to score alot, just manage the clock and you will beat us.
Old 11-05-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How long do we ignore the obvious?

Well Kubiak isn't going to be fired and our offense has shown improvement this season. The non existent 2 minute offense is very odd. I don't know how many bad play calls Kubiak has done. You need to give some examples.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
How long does KUBIAK get a free pass? you can look at the game film till yer blue in the face and you will still find as many bad play calls, or lack of play calls as you will find miscues from the texans players. this from kubiak whos promised us he would play to win. or "bring a winning attitude to the texans" Mr. Kubiak yer not doing that. we have showed the rest of the league we will not play to win so you dont need to score alot, just manage the clock and you will beat us.
He's giving us the winning attitude, just not the wins. To me it seems he's got the balls to make challenges, unsuccessfully, but not the stones to call deep passes. But I don't think he's getting a free pass, this is obviously a much better team then last year and it seems that Kubes is doing a really nice job for the most part. He has us headed somewhere. To me that easy 4 game stretch we have coming up after the Jags will be the defining point of the season. If we start beating bad to middle of the road teams I'll be able to look forward to next year. The rookies will have time to grow and it should be a decent next year, unless they let go of Carr and start over.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #4
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

ok in this game alone:

no 2 minute drill at the end of the half

no deep routes for AJ when we need them

calling time out on 2nd down assuring that if the giants get the first down they can run out the clock and win.

calling short yardage and running plays when time is runining out and we need to score.

and this is not just this game, you can just about repeat all of these in every game we have played this year. if you cant see it you arent watching the same games.
Old 11-05-2006   #5
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Well now the sack numbers are going way down, so if Kubiak realizes that he should start integrating mroe deep balls in to the play book. I've been puzzled by the lack of deep balls all year, so no argument there.
Old 11-05-2006   #6
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

all I know is if Kubiak keeps this up all year, 1 of 2 things will happen, Carr will be gone after this season or Kubiak will be.
Old 11-05-2006   #7
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
all I know is if Kubiak keeps this up all year, 1 of 2 things will happen, Carr will be gone after this season or Kubiak will be.
If we keep playing the way we have Kubiak will not go at the end of the season. I think that they have to keep Carr around unless there is a gaunteed better thing. If Gary changes to a rookie QB then his time in Houston may be short lived.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unless you got a crystal ball dude, I don't see either of the two happening.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
underdog65
Veteran

All Kubiak has done is steadily improve the team and all Carr has done is get better.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

Man. That's it. I'm done with these boards. Too many morons. Adios.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #11
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Unless you got a crystal ball dude, I don't see either of the two happening.
I'd be more apt to agree with that, niehter makes much sense. You don't can a coach after year one and you don't get rid of a QB who has shown the potential that Carr has. Now they just need to work together to establish the deep ball. I wonder how much better we'd be with a healthy D.D.
Old 11-05-2006   #12
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog65 View Post
All Kubiak has done is steadily improve the team and all Carr has done is get better.
QB's success in this league is not rated that simply, to succeed in the NFL as a QB you must Lead your team to tuff victories. this includes coming from behind. end of the half 2 minute drill TD's. the deep pass at the opportune time, etc etc. and Kubiaks playcalling has virtuallly elliminated all of these possibilities.
Old 11-05-2006   #13
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull

What I find most upsetting is the fact that the breaks just do not go our way.

The difference between the Texans and a good football team is that when push comes to shove, they shove the ball down the other team's throat.
(Unrelated question: At what point does push come to shove?)

It seems that when the Texans get into a situation where they need to perform, they fall apart. All they needed today was to not make a key mistake and they would win. Yet for us it seems the key mistake is a guarntee.

Just sad when we beat ourselves. Half the games we have lost could have been victories absent certain key mistakes.

CoogBull - A man for all seasons.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #14
texan767
Rookie

Jeez-us, fool, we're half way through his first season!
Were you this tolerant our first year in the league?
What did you expect-we'd be 8-0 at this point?
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #15
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Even if we got in the endzone on that fumble I'm not sure we'd have won. The D just died toward the end.
Old 11-05-2006   #16
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan767 View Post
Jeez-us, fool, we're half way through his first season!
Were you this tolerant our first year in the league?
What did you expect-we'd be 8-0 at this point?
no I expect us to TRY to win football games. when your D makes a great stop and you get the ball back with almost 2 mins left in the half and you are ahead or behind you try to score. when you are down in the game with 3 mins to go you throw the football down the field not run draw plays and short passes. thats all I expect, that we TRY to win and show the other team we are not gonna lay down and take what they dish out.
Old 11-05-2006   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no I expect us to TRY to win football games. when your D makes a great stop and you get the ball back with almost 2 mins left in the half and you are ahead or behind you try to score. when you are down in the game with 3 mins to go you throw the football down the field not run draw plays and short passes. thats all I expect, that we TRY to win and show the other team we are not gonna lay down and take what they dish out.
How did we not try to win?

We just lost to one of the best teams in the league by only 4 points.

If our defense had stopped New York after the fumble then we would have had a chance.

Our offense was effective at the end of the game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #18
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
How did we not try to win?

We just lost to one of the best teams in the league by only 4 points.

If our defense had stopped New York after the fumble then we would have had a chance.

Our offense was effective at the end of the game.
did you even read my whole post?
Old 11-05-2006   #19
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

I think that we would have had a better chance at winning the game if we stopped them after the fumble then if we scored and let their offense play.
Old 11-05-2006   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
did you even read my whole post?
Yea. Our short passing game was very effective toward the end.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read