Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP
Default Jamal Cook

Seems he just ruined a game for us, do we have any other options at FB?
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
Osso
Veteran

Default Re: Jamal Cook

It happens, give the guy a break.
Old 11-05-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Didn't you hear though?, its Carrs fault he fumbled.

We played a good game, I'm happy.
Old 11-05-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

We have Vonta Leach

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cook is a good player.

If our defense could have stopped them after the fumble then it wouldnt be a problem.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #6
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Didn't you hear though?, its Carrs fault he fumbled.

We played a good game, I'm happy.
This sucks. We give up only 1 sack, which was the Flan Man's fault anyway, hold the Giants to 14 points, only turn the ball over once, get a take away even though it was meaningless, and Mario records another sack. I know it was a moral victory, but for me this is the most painful loss of the season.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
was385
Rookie

If feely's wasn't a fumble, then neither was cook's. They both had possession, turned, and took a step. We got screwed over
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

We do have a replacement for him. His name is Kevin Walter.

He is NOT a viable NFL fullback.
He is NOT able to play every down.
He should NOT be on the field for anything other than short yardage.

We ran the ball MUCH MUCH more effectively out of the one back sets.
We threw the ball MUCH more efficiently when he was on the sidelines.

It has been like this ALL YEAR! Get rid of the f-'in fullback two tight end sets on 1st and 10 and 2nd and 6. It's nuts.
Old 11-05-2006   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Good teams find ways to win, bad teams don't. Bottom line, we're NOT a good team right now. Screw a moral victory, I want some real "W"s. This is just so old. I'me sick and tired of being sick and tired. @!#$%!!!! There, I feel better now.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

we played a pretty good game, majoority of the board thought that he would get hammered but he stuck in there, i thought we were gonna win, but im happy with "most" of the team, mario should some good emotion
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #11
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriTexan View Post
Seems he just ruined a game for us, do we have any other options at FB?
It's JAMEEL Cook, and I wouldn't can him for making one bad play. These things happen in the NFL.

If you want to blame someone for the loss, I'd blame the officials (but not for the Cook fumble, because it was a fumble) and I would blame the defense for not finding a way to contain Barber. Not many defenses do contain Barber though.

This game today was another tough loss to a team destined for the playoffs. We will get there eventually, but the players are still getting used to Kubiak's system and each other in it.
Old 11-05-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Cook is a good player.

If our defense could have stopped them after the fumble then it wouldnt be a problem.
From what little we've seen of Cook in the passing game, I think he's going to be a big asset, once things slow down for our QB.

That fumble was not good, I won't make excuses for him. but just about every time he catches the ball for us, he picks up some good yards.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #13
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

Tough loss, but close games usually are. Cook will probably get the same speech from Kubes. "You are a check down option, turn with two hands on the ball"... so forth and so on. Can be to unhappy with the last few weeks actually. All are games we competed in.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #14
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutexan02 View Post
Tough loss, but close games usually are. Cook will probably get the same speech from Kubes. "You are a check down option, turn with two hands on the ball"... so forth and so on. Can be to unhappy with the last few weeks actually. All are games we competed in.
good post.
Old 11-05-2006   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=trutexan02;490406]Tough loss, but close games usually are. Cook will probably get the same speech from Kubes. "You are a check down option, turn with two hands on the ball"... so forth and so on. Can't be to unhappy with the last few weeks actually. All are games we competed in.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Trying to look on the bright side, I think we are getting better (more competitive) over the last few weeks. The defense is definately playing better IMHO and I think we are just a few players away from being a great defense. I know people are tired of losing, but just think of where we were this time last year. The team was getting hammered almost every week and they looked totally lost with no direction and Capers at the helm! I think the next 5 or 6 weeks will show how far the team has come. Let's hope they start by punishing Jax next week!

Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #16
Tayton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYmeatwad View Post
This sucks. We give up only 1 sack, which was the Flan Man's fault anyway, hold the Giants to 14 points, only turn the ball over once, get a take away even though it was meaningless, and Mario records another sack. I know it was a moral victory, but for me this is the most painful loss of the season.
Then you didn't watch last week.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read