Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2006   #1
Osso
Veteran

Default 2 minute drill

Why can't we get a 2 minute drill?

Everyone else has one.
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP
Default Re: 2 minute drill

Agreed; is it just me or is Kubiak playing a bit of Martyball?
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
Osso
Veteran

I really do want an answer to this. I'm pissed but still want an answer.
Old 11-05-2006   #4
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso View Post
Why can't we get a 2 minute drill?

Everyone else has one.
Becuase we fumble in Giants territory while mounting a comeback and when we have good field position we hand the ball off to Lundy instead of going to the air.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

because Kubiak has absolutely no faith in david carr, or maybe.... he wants Carr gone after this year, and he wont be able to do that if Carr shows he can come from behind and win. think about that one
Old 11-05-2006   #6
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

remember what a lotta you folks posted during the pre-season? about the new coaches saying Carr was their man just so they could get the job? so Kubiak says carr is his man, then goes out of his way to prove he is damaged goods so the owner will let him trade him away and build up his prodigy. just a theory...
Old 11-05-2006   #7
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Who would his prodigy be?
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
remember what a lotta you folks posted during the pre-season? about the new coaches saying Carr was their man just so they could get the job? so Kubiak says carr is his man, then goes out of his way to prove he is damaged goods so the owner will let him trade him away and build up his prodigy. just a theory...
Lol, crazy theory at that. Anyway, I dont think it is Kubiak that is trying to show that Carr is damaged goods at all. Why would he want to do that if he could try and win with him.

As for the 2 minute drills, I dont understand it. He seems to be very paranoid that Carr is going to do something stupid and really, I think Carr kind of earned that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Lol, crazy theory at that. Anyway, I dont think it is Kubiak that is trying to show that Carr is damaged goods at all. Why would he want to do that if he could try and win with him.

As for the 2 minute drills, I dont understand it. He seems to be very paranoid that Carr is going to do something stupid and really, I think Carr kind of earned that.
so whats the final stage of carr's development? he cant just avoid it indefinately, at some point you have to turn the guy loose, good or bad just to know if you need to look for an different answer.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so whats the final stage of carr's development? he cant just avoid it indefinately, at some point you have to turn the guy loose, good or bad just to know if you need to look for an different answer.
I agree, I don't really understand it...maybe Kubiak thinks that Carr could lose us some games that he thinks we can win.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #11
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
because Kubiak has absolutely no faith in david carr, or maybe.... he wants Carr gone after this year, and he wont be able to do that if Carr shows he can come from behind and win. think about that one
Unbelievable. yea, I'm sure that's it.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #12
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I agree, I don't really understand it...maybe Kubiak thinks that Carr could lose us some games that he thinks we can win.
This is similar to what Capers did, he just keeps him on a leash. I agree too, you need to just let him play at some point. At least he looks downt he field,b ut everything turns in to a dump off it seems.
Old 11-05-2006   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I think it was best summed up after the game (fan feedback) on 610. One of the announcers, not sure which, noted Carr has 8 games left to improve his standing with the Texans. Five years is enough. If, after those last 8 games, the Texans aren't 100% sure Carr is their guy to be the team's QB - then they're going to find another.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read