Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-05-2006   #1
Cgold
Rookie

Default Vy

10/24
83 yrds.
3 int
0 touchdowns!

YOU ROCK VINCE!!! Almost all of houston worships the ground you walk on..
hahah
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #2
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Default Re: Vy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgold View Post
10/24
83 yrds.
3 int
0 touchdowns!

hahah
I don't think this belongs here does it. Wouldn't this qualify for the NFL thread instead?
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Yep, he had a bad game - bad performance. Lucky for his team - he's just rookie.
Old 11-05-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The last thing I want to hear, is that the Jags are second in the division.

I'm not happy at all about the outcome of this game.

I guess we're going to have to put the smackdown on Jax, and show Tenn how it's done.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He was awful today, but most rook QB's have some awful moments. 15-36 with 1TD and 3 picks w/ a fumble (whew that's ugly)....but Leinart has struggled after his first good game as well. Rookie stuff.
He was beset by some bad drops but he was really brutal today. It will be interesting to see how he responds next week, nothing was working for him today.

He's definitely a rythmn/flow QB. He needs to get more consistent and the playcalling isn't helping his stat sheet. Chow and Fisher are definitely doing the right thing easing him into the NFL game, but Tennessee never catches anybody by surprise. I'd imagine Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett will help VY.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

6/25 (24%), 87 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 fumble
3/10 (30%), 33 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 2 fumbles
12/31 (38.7%), 112 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 3 fumbles

A few performances from Carr during his rookie season.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

What's even the point of this thread? Why can't the city of Houston cheer for the young man in Tennesse? If you guys are so confident Mario was the right decision, you don't need to display your insecurity in thread after thread after thread like these each week.. It sorta gets out of hand.

As far as Vince's performance, he doesn't exactly have a powerhouse receiver corp to depend on.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
What's even the point of this thread? Why can't the city of Houston cheer for the young man in Tennesse? If you guys are so confident Mario was the right decision, you don't need to display your insecurity in thread after thread after thread like these each week.. It sorta gets out of hand.

As far as Vince's performance, he doesn't exactly have a powerhouse receiver corp to depend on.
I think nearly everybody who posted in this thread (myself included) wish nothing but the best for him and wanted the Texans to draft him.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post

You sure have a big opinion of things for someone who is just trollin' around in our little community here.

Why should we care for VY? He plays for the Titans and the Titans are in our division. Just like the Cowboys.... so long as you guys have a franchise in the same state as us, I will have a distaste for you.

As for your last statement.... that is bull. I would say that the Titans have a receiving core VERY similar to that of the Patriots. Very similar. The only difference is the QB...

I do not blame VY for a bad start.... if anything I blame Bud Adams and his mere stupidity. At the end of the day, though..... VY is the kid who is on the field and he is the one throwing INT after INT, week after week.

More people are willing to forgive VY for playing terrible than they are willing to forgive David for the same mistakes. Hmmm....
Old 11-05-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
More people are willing to forgive VY for playing terrible than they are willing to forgive David for the same mistakes. Hmmm....
Vince is a rookie....

When David was a rookie, he didn't play much better than Vince is now. & that team Vince is on may as well be an Expansion team, with the offensive talent they have. their running backs look better than ours did in 2002, but not by much...... I know, I know.... they've got TravisWho?? & ChrisBrown, & the better running back out of USC...... but there's a reason Travis Henry was in the same position Dayne was in before the season started. There's a reason why Lendale was passed by 32 teams.....

But David had got a free pass from most people for the first two years. I think most fans have extended that pass way too long.

True, fair enough that pass should be renewed with Kubiak & the $8 million but that fumble thing...... that was just stupid.
Old 11-05-2006   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Longhorn fan, and I root for Vince on the side when he's not going against my Texans. I loved him at UT, but I never bought into Young being a great NFL QB. I didn't want the Texans to draft him, and I'm glad we didn't. I don't hate the guy or root for him to fail. I just don't think he will be a big time QB at the NFL level. Just my opinion of course.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Vince is a rookie....

When David was a rookie, he didn't play much better than Vince is now. & that team Vince is on may as well be an Expansion team, with the offensive talent they have. their running backs look better than ours did in 2002, but not by much...... I know, I know.... they've got TravisWho?? & ChrisBrown, & the better running back out of USC...... but there's a reason Travis Henry was in the same position Dayne was in before the season started. There's a reason why Lendale was passed by 32 teams.....

But David had got a free pass from most people for the first two years. I think most fans have extended that pass way too long.

True, fair enough that pass should be renewed with Kubiak & the $8 million but that fumble thing...... that was just stupid.

I often just sit here and think to my self, did he really type that?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When David was a rookie, he didn't play much better than Vince is now. & that team Vince is on may as well be an Expansion team, with the offensive talent they have.
That speaks volumes to me. Volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Hahaha. Yea....
Old 11-05-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I don't know why I didn't record those games....... but you're telling me David's first four games were better than Vince's first four games??

We can look at the stats if you want, but I know that doesn't tell the whole story.
Old 11-05-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
That speaks volumes to me. Volumes.
volumes.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgold View Post
10/24
83 yrds.
3 int
0 touchdowns!

hahah

Funny post i understand you might not like Vince but he is a rookie but look at it this way that rookie beat us we cant deny that and that rookie has the same amount of wins we do and the key word to this post is That Rookie.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked like crap today and he made some dumb throws but our team just flat out sucks sometimes. Horrible blocking, bad route running, dropped passes. Really bad coaching too.

This one isn't just on Vince, it's on everyone that's a part of the Titans organization.

It's a good learning process for him though. It's like, "hey, this is what i shouldn't do...."

Hopefully he's working out the kinks now. He will be a good QB for years and years. I have no problem with his learning curve.
Old 11-06-2006   #18
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
I think nearly everybody who posted in this thread (myself included) wish nothing but the best for him and wanted the Texans to draft him.
nope not me, i never once wanted vy...i wanted either mario, d brick or hawk
Old 11-06-2006   #19
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79917 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

At least Vince can honestly say he had a Tom Brady like performance this week.
Old 11-06-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

So, I take it that Vince didn't have any talent around him at Texas? Like some blue chip RBs, blue chip WRs, blue chip OL . . .

No, they didn't have any of that. He just put the whole team on his shoulders and did it all himself, because afterall, Vince is a winner.

I expect Vince to put the Titans on his shoulders, and win those games all by himself.

Why? Because he's a winner.

"Vince Young is GOD!" - Rich Lord
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read