Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2004   #21
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Houston- 27
Oakland- 21
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #22
MarleyFan
Veteran

Raiders-31
Texans-14
Besides the first half of the Steelers game, the Raider D is looking good. Watch out for Tyler Brayton on the outside and Charles Woodson playing some safety. Carr will throw two costly picks!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #23
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

HERE IT GOES,TEXANS 13 -RAIDERETTS 10
Old 09-28-2004   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders 20
Texans 13

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #25
Newly
Rookie

Texans 19
Raiders 16
Old 09-28-2004   #26
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Theee Raaaaaaaiiiiiiidezzz- 17

Texans- 21

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #27
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr beats Oaklands blitz all day with Bruener and Miller and AJ has a big day. Also, JJ parts the black sea to his first TD!

Texans 35, LA 21
Old 09-28-2004   #28
Foozball
Rookie

"Hoping for:

Hou 24
Oak 17

Foozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #29
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I Love it when other teams fans come on here and talk about how bad carr will do ! You know its funny i didnt see any chiefs fans on here talking ****. Texans win 1st two consecutive games in franchise history this Sunday.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #30
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 34
Raiders 17

Texans offense finally gets it together, and after a tough first half, come up big and destroy the raiders in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Carr throws for 3 touchdowns, while DD runs for one. The Texans will force collins into 3 costly interceptions, While Carr throws for 1 pick.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #31
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

texans 24
raiders 16

NOTICE MY SIG! if we feed the ball to AJ we will deffinatly get this game. the o-line will get a pep talk and perform alot better this week. wells will be in alot and he will be a factor. im feeling 2-2 by the time the sun sets on sunday. mr carr - call your barber...
Old 09-29-2004   #32
iknowraiderfu
waterboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geka
We always get blown out after a win, we will have no running game cause DD hurt and even if he is in its fumblerama.

Oak 36
hou 6

and it wont be as close as the score indicates
Well said, it won't even be close
iknowraiderfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #33
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Well, Last week I picked the Chiefs to win so maybe I've started some kind of jinx. Raiders win 21-13.
Me too. I chose them to lose and they won. That's how I expected it to happen and it worked. :woot

I say

Raiders 18
Houston 16
Old 09-29-2004   #34
JustWinBaby
Rookie

Default How do you figure?

I’ve been looking over the boards and I see a lot of “…if our defense gels…” and “…if we can pressure Collins…”.

Huh?

Your defense hasn’t done much in the last three games. They are rated #15 and have given up 76 points already. On Sunday they are going up against one of the biggest, most physical o-lines in the league. It was said best last week..

Announcer#1 “The Buc’s defense is looking very tired out there.”
Announcer#2 “You’d be tired too if you spent the day trying to run around buildings.”

You really think you’re going to put the heat on Collins? I see you getting through a few times, but not enough to make a real difference. Collins is going to have all the time he needs to get the ball down field to any one of our new, young receivers.

Plan on seeing your D out on the field most of the day and getting man-handled by our o-line.

I’ve also seen a lot of talk about your o-line going up against your d-line. Again, you are going up against one of the more physical d’s in the league. They are rated 9th and have given up 54 points (14 of those weren’t until the last quarter when our team went into cruise mode against the Bucs). Look at last Sunday to see what I mean. I plan on seeing a lot of 3 and outs.

Last of all, look at the record: Two losses against mediocre teams and a by the skin of your teeth win against 0-3 KC. We are 2-1 and both of our wins are pretty solid.

I’m not trying to take anything away from your team, but I think everything points to a Raider win. But who knows?… Any given Sunday and all that, but I have to go with the Raiders.

Raiders 27
Texans 9

Just Win, Baby!
JustWinBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #35
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWinBaby
I’ve been looking over the boards and I see a lot of “…if our defense gels…” and “…if we can pressure Collins…”.

Huh?

Your defense hasn’t done much in the last three games. They are rated #15 and have given up 76 points already. On Sunday they are going up against one of the biggest, most physical o-lines in the league. It was said best last week..

Announcer#1 “The Buc’s defense is looking very tired out there.”
Announcer#2 “You’d be tired too if you spent the day trying to run around buildings.”

You really think you’re going to put the heat on Collins? I see you getting through a few times, but not enough to make a real difference. Collins is going to have all the time he needs to get the ball down field to any one of our new, young receivers.

Plan on seeing your D out on the field most of the day and getting man-handled by our o-line.

I’ve also seen a lot of talk about your o-line going up against your d-line. Again, you are going up against one of the more physical d’s in the league. They are rated 9th and have given up 54 points (14 of those weren’t until the last quarter when our team went into cruise mode against the Bucs). Look at last Sunday to see what I mean. I plan on seeing a lot of 3 and outs.

Last of all, look at the record: Two losses against mediocre teams and a by the skin of your teeth win against 0-3 KC. We are 2-1 and both of our wins are pretty solid.

I’m not trying to take anything away from your team, but I think everything points to a Raider win. But who knows?… Any given Sunday and all that, but I have to go with the Raiders.

Raiders 27
Texans 9

Just Win, Baby!

Hmm where do I start?Lets see so you lost to the steelers which I think is a more solid team than oakland any way,then you beat the Bills,they are now 0-2,then you beat the bucsI believe they are 0-3,so I really don't see where you are going with your attitude,I will stop there so you won't be confused,and well we will see come sunday.
Old 09-29-2004   #36
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:

I had to smile when I read this .... especially the "mediocre teams" and "pretty solid" ...

mediocre teams would seem to be San Diego & Detriot (I agree BTW)

San Diego 1 - 2 (ranked 28th by ESPN) LOSS in Houston
Detroit 2 - 1 (ranked 18th by ESPN) LOSS in Detroit
Kansas City 0 - 3 (ranked 24th by ESPN) WIN in Kansas City

pretty solid would seem to be Tampa Bay & Buffalo

Pittsburgh 2 - 1 (ranked 13th by ESPN) LOSS in Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay 0 - 3 (ranked 29th by ESPN) WIN in Oakland
Buffalo 0 - 2 (ranked 27th by ESPN) WIN in Oakland

When was the last time Oakland won in KC?

Now I'm as much of a Texan fan as you obviously are a Raider fan but a 19 point win in HOUSTON :hehe: ..... wow considering that Oakland is a 2 1/2 point favorite you'll be cleaning up this weekend .... you do have some money on it don't you?

chuck
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #37
JustWinBaby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickmantexanfan
Hmm where do I start?Lets see so you lost to the steelers which I think is a more solid team than oakland any way,then you beat the Bills,they are now 0-2,then you beat the bucsI believe they are 0-3,so I really don't see where you are going with your attitude,I will stop there so you won't be confused,and well we will see come sunday.
I didn't say the Bills or the Bucs are a solid team. I said the WIN was solid (although looking back the Bills win was also by the skin of our teeth!). Going into the fourth quarter we were beating the Bucs by 24 points! You beat KC by three and lost both of your games by more than seven. We lost to Pitt by three and beat the Bills by three and the Bucs by ten.

Just Win, Baby!
Old 09-29-2004   #38
JustWinBaby
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I had to smile when I read this .... especially the "mediocre teams" and "pretty solid" ...
The wins were solid...not the teams. BTW, I agree the Bills win wasn't solid. But the Buc game was (10 pts).

Quote:
mediocre teams would seem to be San Diego & Detriot (I agree BTW)

San Diego 1 - 2 (ranked 28th by ESPN) LOSS in Houston
Detroit 2 - 1 (ranked 18th by ESPN) LOSS in Detroit
Kansas City 0 - 3 (ranked 24th by ESPN) WIN in Kansas City

pretty solid would seem to be Tampa Bay & Buffalo

Pittsburgh 2 - 1 (ranked 13th by ESPN) LOSS in Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay 0 - 3 (ranked 29th by ESPN) WIN in Oakland
Buffalo 0 - 2 (ranked 27th by ESPN) WIN in Oakland
See above...

Quote:
When was the last time Oakland won in KC?
I'm talking about this season! We don't even see KC 'til week 13!

Quote:
Now I'm as much of a Texan fan as you obviously are a Raider fan but a 19 point win in HOUSTON :hehe: ..... wow considering that Oakland is a 2 1/2 point favorite you'll be cleaning up this weekend .... you do have some money on it don't you?

chuck
I believe the Bucs were a three point favorite... We had them by 24 going into the 4th quarter and ended up beating them by ten....

-Just Win, Baby!
Old 09-29-2004   #39
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
The wins were solid...not the teams. BTW, I agree the Bills win wasn't solid. But the Buc game was (10 pts).
Ok so the Texans have one solid win as do the Raiders ..... I contend that ANY win in KC is solid by definition ......

chuck
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #40
JustWinBaby
Rookie

Quote:
Ok so the Texans have one solid win as do the Raiders ..... I contend that ANY win in KC is solid by definition ......

chuck
C'mon... They are 0-3, ranked 14 on offense, 32 on defense, and you beat them with a last second 49 yard field goal... If you can call that solid then I get to call our Bills win solid!

Just Win, Baby!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read