Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-04-2006   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas vs. OSU

Justin Blalock is down. Oh crap.

Last edited by mexican_texan; 11-04-2006 at 07:37 PM.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas vs. OSU

Yay, Blalock's back! UT up 17-3.
Old 11-04-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

did you see that block by colt McCoy??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
did you see that block by colt McCoy??
Yea what a competitor.

Griffin had an INT in this game and same with Aaron Ross.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

This UT run game seriously isn't what it should be. I really hate the zone-read with McCoy. There is no excuse for Charles to be averaging 3 ypc. North-south, north-south, north-south. Clearly, nobody is daring McCoy to pass anymore. If he needs to operate from the gun on passing downs, that's fine, you could telegraph runs and still do better than they are getting running this stuff.

Not watching the game, but from the look of the box score, it's not very good.

Anybody got some insights... are they utilizing the shotgun exclusively?

This offense was designed for VY... VY ain't there no more... they need to start running some stuff to maximize the output for players who are currently on the roster, not in Tennessee.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Colt McCoy is the white VY.
Old 11-04-2006   #7
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Colt McCoy is having the best year a freshman in his situation (Top 5 team) has ever had... he is not VY (7 carries for 6 yards).

I don't care what they say about freshmen, he deserves Heisman votes.
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

bad game, but check out the season stats. IIRC, he has more yards than Troy Smith.
Old 11-04-2006   #9
Dr. Toro
All Pro

He's averaging 3 yards per carry. VY averaged 7 with at least 1 spy every down. Not taking anything away from McCoy, but the zr ain't working. This team has been top 5 in rushing just about every year Brown has been the coach... they've fallen off considerably this year and it's not due to a lack of talent.
Old 11-04-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Last I checked, Colt had 27 touchdowns passing this season, surpassing Vince's 26.

I think this offense is working just fine with Colt McCoy.

Jamal & Selvin ran just fine from the shotgun last year.... granted the threat of Vince running from the same look helped out quite a bit, but the spread is helping them out Quite a bit.

I'm watching the A&M game now though........ 17-10 Okalahoma....... some good defense, and some good running....

That Javorski Lane is one bad S.O.B.
Old 11-04-2006   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a win!

Hopefully that was convincing enough to keep us ahead of Louisville in the human polls.

The defense was on fire tonight.

Michael Griffin came up with the big INT on the goal line.

And Aaron Ross has pretty much written his name on the Thorpe trophy
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last I checked, Colt had 27 touchdowns passing this season, surpassing Vince's 26.

Jamal & Selvin ran just fine from the shotgun last year.... granted the threat of Vince running from the same look helped out quite a bit, but the spread is helping them out Quite a bit.

I'm watching the A&M game now though........ 17-10 Okalahoma....... some good defense, and some good running....

Vince also had 12 rushing TDs to go with the 26 passing.
Old 11-04-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Vince also had 12 rushing TDs to go with the 26 passing.
season's not over yet.

I'm not saying Colt is as good as Vince, I'm just saying this offense seems to be working pretty good for Colt.
Old 11-04-2006   #14
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:

The offense is working fine... but it's not working optimally. Ohio St. just plain shut 'em down. If it ain't broke don't fix it... but a little maintenance never hurt nobody. It's pretty clear that McCoy is one of the best passers in the country now... why have him play russian roulette with DE's 10 times a game when he's not that good at it... let the kid throw, let Charles run, and let the uglies pancake folks.

Another thing, VY was twice as big, elusive, and fast so nobody worried too much about using the ZR as bread and butter... I want to see this team win big games and I don't want to see McCoy get banged around like McGee and Bomar have trying to be heroes running the ball... must I cue up the Dwayne Slay vs. KSU hit to make my point.
Old 11-04-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Javorski lane tiptoe-ing the sideline for 25 yards.........

amazing.....
Old 11-04-2006   #16
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
What a win!

Hopefully that was convincing enough to keep us ahead of Louisville in the human polls.

The defense was on fire tonight.

Michael Griffin came up with the big INT on the goal line.

And Aaron Ross has pretty much written his name on the Thorpe trophy
Concerning the polls, Texas will stay ahead of Lousiville, they were right on WVU's heels before that game, don't see why Louisville should leapfrog 'em.

What I want to see more than anything is an unbeaten Rutgers get into the BCS Championship game... if Lousiville goes unbeaten they'd get in there... why shouldn't Rutgers? If you play in a BCS conference, go undefeated, and beat a presumptive BCS Championship competitor, why don't you deserve a shot?

Scarlett Knights! Scarlett Knights! Scarlett Knights!
Old 11-04-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
The offense is working fine... but it's not working optimally. Ohio St. just plain shut 'em down. If it ain't broke don't fix it... but a little maintenance never hurt nobody. It's pretty clear that McCoy is one of the best passers in the country now... why have him play russian roulette with DE's 10 times a game when he's not that good at it... let the kid throw, let Charles run, and let the uglies pancake folks.

Another thing, VY was twice as big, elusive, and fast so nobody worried too much about using the ZR as bread and butter... I want to see this team win big games and I don't want to see McCoy get banged around like McGee and Bomar have trying to be heroes running the ball... must I cue up the Dwayne Slay vs. KSU hit to make my point.

I might be a little biased....... but I don't think OhioSt shut Texas down. All the playmakers dropped balls that hit them in the hands, Selvin, Charles, Pittman, Sweed...... all of them. Texas' short coming in that game had nothing to do with ColtMcCoy......
Old 11-04-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Concerning the polls, Texas will stay ahead of Lousiville, they were right on WVU's heels before that game, don't see why Louisville should leapfrog 'em.

What I want to see more than anything is an unbeaten Rutgers get into the BCS Championship game... if Lousiville goes unbeaten they'd get in there... why shouldn't Rutgers? If you play in a BCS conference, go undefeated, and beat a presumptive BCS Championship competitor, why don't you deserve a shot?

Scarlett Knights! Scarlett Knights! Scarlett Knights!
Louisville is undefeated & just beat the #3 team in the nation convincingly.

We had to have a solid win today to move up to #3.
Old 11-04-2006   #19
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
This UT run game seriously isn't what it should be. I really hate the zone-read with McCoy. There is no excuse for Charles to be averaging 3 ypc. North-south, north-south, north-south. Clearly, nobody is daring McCoy to pass anymore. If he needs to operate from the gun on passing downs, that's fine, you could telegraph runs and still do better than they are getting running this stuff.

Not watching the game, but from the look of the box score, it's not very good.

Anybody got some insights... are they utilizing the shotgun exclusively?

This offense was designed for VY... VY ain't there no more... they need to start running some stuff to maximize the output for players who are currently on the roster, not in Tennessee.
If you're not watching the game, how is it clear to you that nobody is daring McCoy to pass?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

McCoy officially became the best QB in the Big 12 tonight.

Reid (OSU) is talented & so is Daniels (Mizzou) but they just make too many mistakes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read