Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Giants preview stuff.

Here's my latest Chronic blogpost:

Can Eric Winston break the left tackle jinx?

I know that Salaam is nominally the starter, but I'm just not seeing him playing the whole game.

Anyway, blog post has some thoughts on that, and also various linkies to Giants pregame stuff, including a Giants' bloggers take on the possibility of Burress not playing.
Old 11-04-2006   #2
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Re: Giants preview stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's my latest Chronic blogpost:

Can Eric Winston break the left tackle jinx?

I know that Salaam is nominally the starter, but I'm just not seeing him playing the whole game.

Anyway, blog post has some thoughts on that, and also various linkies to Giants pregame stuff, including a Giants' bloggers take on the possibility of Burress not playing.
Doesn"t Salaam have 3 different injuries right now? If that is true, I wonder if he will see any playing time at all. Tomorrow is a great opportunity for Winston cast some positive light on his ability to compete at the pro level. The entire team is going to have their work cut out for them. I sure hope that team that beat Jacksonville shows up for this game.
Old 11-04-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Doesn"t Salaam have 3 different injuries right now? If that is true, I wonder if he will see any playing time at all.
Yes he does. However, what has happened at any point this season to make you think Salaam wouldn't be on the field regardless of injuries or performance? He had those injuries last game, and they pulled Winston every time Salaam could hobble onto the field even though he was ineffective.

Maybe it will be different this week. I have my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 11-04-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Spencer was doing well, to bad he got injured.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

From the article:
"Given the demands at left tackle especially, I will be curious if the Texans stay adament that they will not move Chester Pitts back there if Salaam stays hurt and Winston struggles. Or even re-signing Seth Wand seems like a better choice than an injured Salaam."

Nothing against Winston, but I'd love to see them bring back Wand. If Winston is our future RT, then we need a backup LT and Wand is ready for that. Don't know about starting, but he can surely backup Spencer--a lot better than Salaam.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Nothing against Winston, but I'd love to see them bring back Wand. If Winston is our future RT, then we need a backup LT and Wand is ready for that. Don't know about starting, but he can surely backup Spencer--a lot better than Salaam.
Serioulsy, think about what you are saying here. Wand over Salaam? I don't think so.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Serioulsy, think about what you are saying here. Wand over Salaam? I don't think so.
That's what happened in the preseason. Wand started at left tackle early in the preseason. Salaam was nicked up. At least in the preseason, Wand looked pretty good.

Yes, I would take a healthy Wand over a nicked up Salaam everyday.
Old 11-05-2006   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wand has proven capable of, at the least, a viable back up and no other team has even given him a look. I'm thinking maybe it is Wand's decision not to come back - not the Texans'.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read