Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-04-2006   #1
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Paterno

Did anybody see what happened to Joe Paterno on the sideline of the Penn St/ Wisconsin game?

They said on TV that he hyper-extended his knee & had to leave the game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: Paterno

I think one of his own players a tight end caught a sideline pass and roled into his leg on the sideline.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Paterno

Paterno injured

Quote:
Penn State coach Joe Paterno was carted to the locker room after one of his own players ran into his left leg in the second half of the Nittany Lions' game at Wisconsin on Saturday.

Freshman tight end Andrew Quarless caught a short pass for a first down along the Penn State sideline, and tumbled into Paterno's leg knocking the 79-year-old coach to the ground. Paterno then stood for several minutes before having to be helped to the bench and having his leg bandaged by the Penn State training staff.

Paterno remained on the bench, surrounded by trainers and police, as his team drove into Wisconsin territory while trailing the Badgers 10-3.

Paterno remained seated for most of the third quarter, but he was carted to the locker room with less than 2 minutes remaining in the quarter.

Paterno also had to leave the sideline in Penn State's game at Ohio State in September after he became ill. He returned briefly at halftime, then left before coming back at the start of the fourth quarter.

"I've never walked off the field early," Paterno said after that game. "I've had some kind of a bug during the week. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't like to take pills or see a doctor. I thought I'd be fine."
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read