Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2006   #1
Tayton
Veteran

Default Missed extra point

I know it's a week late and I'm not sure if anyone has covered this in previous posts but I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Last week in the fourth quarter we attempted to kick the extra point instead of going for 2. We ended up missing it, but why didn't we go for 2 to make it a 10 point game rather than an 11 point game? Anybody have the logic? It's obviously a moot point now but I'm wondering about the game and time management by the staff.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #2
djready711
Rookie

Default Re: Missed extra point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton View Post
I know it's a week late and I'm not sure if anyone has covered this in previous posts but I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Last week in the fourth quarter we attempted to kick the extra point instead of going for 2. We ended up missing it, but why didn't we go for 2 to make it a 10 point game rather than an 11 point game? Anybody have the logic? It's obviously a moot point now but I'm wondering about the game and time management by the staff.
Most coaches feel it's better to go for the 2 point conversion at the last possible moment. If they hit the fieldgoal, they're down by 11 and would attempt the 2 point conversion on their next trip into the endzone.
djready711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #3
Tayton
Veteran

Still not buying that because going for 2 the second time made no sense. 4 or 6 point game. Either way it was going to take a TD to win.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Make it a 4 pt. game just in case they make a field goal. Nonetheless, it was pointless since there wasn't enough time.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #5
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton View Post
Still not buying that because going for 2 the second time made no sense. 4 or 6 point game. Either way it was going to take a TD to win.
If they were to hit a field goal while up by 4 they would go up by 7... if they were to hit a field goal while up by 6 it would now be a 2 possession game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read