Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Injury concerns for Williams, Wong

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4309638.html

Mario has a case of plantar fasciitis of the right foot, although he is expected to play. Also, Kailee Wong has a hamstring and might not play.

(Although the link itself doesn't indentify Mario's foot problem, the paper actually did.)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #2
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Re: Injury concerns for Williams, Wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4309638.html

Mario has a case of plantar fasciitis of the right foot, although he is expected to play. Also, Kailee Wong has a hamstring and might not play.

(Although the link itself doesn't indentify Mario's foot problem, the paper actually did.)
I looked up plantar fasciitis on web m.d. this morning. I looks like it could be "really painful" !
Old 11-04-2006   #3
opus74
Rookie

"really painful" doesn't cover it.
It's roughly the equivilent of a railroad spike being driven into the bottom of your foot with a new blow at every step. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
OK, maybe on Ray Ray but nobody else.
opus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #4
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus74 View Post
"really painful" doesn't cover it.
It's roughly the equivilent of a railroad spike being driven into the bottom of your foot with a new blow at every step. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
OK, maybe on Ray Ray but nobody else.
Damn! I guess Mario is "one tough Hombré then , isn't he? That sounds like a serious distraction.
Old 11-04-2006   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Damn! I guess Mario is "one tough Hombré then , isn't he? That sounds like a serious distraction.

It's either going to hurt so much that he can't run at all OR he's going to suck it up and just be pissed as hell when he gets there. I'm hoping for the latter.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's either going to hurt so much that he can't run at all OR he's going to suck it up and just be pissed as hell when he gets there. I'm hoping for the latter.
I like the sound of a pissed off Mario myself !
Old 11-04-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there's too much of a risk for Mario right now. IMO, he should have limited play and allow Kalu, Babin, and Peek to rush Eli.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Of course thats what yall want :p...I say let him play...If it does start to hurt him tho then forget it...Let him sit the bench and rest so that he wont mess it up for another week...We have peek and babin and kalu...There fine pass rushers...
Old 11-04-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Of course thats what yall want :p...I say let him play...If it does start to hurt him tho then forget it...Let him sit the bench and rest so that he wont mess it up for another week...We have peek and babin and kalu...There fine pass rushers...
That's what I said...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Tim Duncan had that for much of last season. Im pretty sure the only "cure" is extended rest, meaning he might not be 100% for the rest of the season
Old 11-05-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I saw coverage of Mario' injury on some local sports show late Friday.

Mario said that he would have to take some painkillers before the game, and the head trainer was talking about the special wraps that he's been using on Mario's foot.

I can't remember how long they said it would take to heal. Weeks? Months?

Sorry, I was half asleep when I watched it.
Old 11-05-2006   #12
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I saw coverage of Mario' injury on some local sports show late Friday.

Mario said that he would have to take some painkillers before the game, and the head trainer was talking about the special wraps that he's been using on Mario's foot.

I can't remember how long they said it would take to heal. Weeks? Months?

Sorry, I was half asleep when I watched it.
Yuck.

I couldn't even walk when I had this. It started in one foot, then I favored the other so much I started having trouble with that one. The only thing that helped me was staying off both feet for a couple weeks.
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read