Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2006   #1
djready711
Rookie

Default Hang in there

What's going on guys? I just wanted to tell you that I admire all of you loyal fans of the Texans, win or lose, you always have to support your team. I have gone through many rough times with the Giants and have always supported them no matter what. The Texans are a young team, they have some pretty young guys and a new coach so it will take a little while. I think Andre Johnson is nasty, I've always been a big fan of his. My prediction for the game is 27-17 Giants. Oh yeah, I think the Giants are going to sweep the Cowboys this year if that makes you guys any happier.
djready711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #2
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Re: Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by djready711 View Post
What's going on guys? I just wanted to tell you that I admire all of you loyal fans of the Texans, win or lose, you always have to support your team. I have gone through many rough times with the Giants and have always supported them no matter what. The Texans are a young team, they have some pretty young guys and a new coach so it will take a little while. I think Andre Johnson is nasty, I've always been a big fan of his. My prediction for the game is 27-17 Giants. Oh yeah, I think the Giants are going to sweep the Cowboys this year if that makes you guys any happier.
Yeah. Sweeping the Cowgirls will be sweet!!
Old 11-04-2006   #3
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

DJ, everything in your post is true, except for the game result:P, i think it will be 24-21 giants, you giants fans are so classy

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #4
djready711
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
DJ, everything in your post is true, except for the game result:P, i think it will be 24-21 giants, you giants fans are so classy
Thanks man, you guys have alot of class too. Houston's a great city, one of my fondest memories happened in the Houston Airport. It was back when I was in the military and I was traveling back home to New York, I had a layover in Houston, and was wearing my Dress Blues. I was waiting on the people to get off the plane that I was about to board and George Foreman happened to be one of those people. He walked over to me because I was in uniform and shook my hand and told me he was proud of me. I was in shock, I couldn't believe I was actually shaking hands with one of the greatest boxers of all time. It happened a little over 9 years ago, back in late '97, and it's something that I'll never forget.

By the way, you're prediciton is quite possible, especially if Burress is unable to suit up.
Old 11-04-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Cowboys will beat down the Giants next time they play.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #6
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djready711 View Post
Thanks man, you guys have alot of class too. Houston's a great city, one of my fondest memories happened in the Houston Airport. It was back when I was in the military and I was traveling back home to New York, I had a layover in Houston, and was wearing my Dress Blues. I was waiting on the people to get off the plane that I was about to board and George Foreman happened to be one of those people. He walked over to me because I was in uniform and shook my hand and told me he was proud of me. I was in shock, I couldn't believe I was actually shaking hands with one of the greatest boxers of all time. It happened a little over 9 years ago, back in late '97, and it's something that I'll never forget.

By the way, you're prediciton is quite possible, especially if Burress is unable to suit up.
DJ..you're a classy guy. Welcome to our board anytime. You're story about George Foreman is great. I too, got to meet him. He is genuine. He does alot for kids in Houston. He has (or used to have) a boxing program for kids at risk. BTW, doesn't he have the largest hands that you have ever seen? George is the real deal. Always the Champ.
Old 11-04-2006   #7
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I disagree I think the giants will sweep the cowboys...The giants are a very taleneted team that is about 1 player short of a Superbowl...
Old 11-04-2006   #8
djready711
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
DJ..you're a classy guy. Welcome to our board anytime. You're story about George Foreman is great. I too, got to meet him. He is genuine. He does alot for kids in Houston. He has (or used to have) a boxing program for kids at risk. BTW, doesn't he have the largest hands that you have ever seen? George is the real deal. Always the Champ.
Thanks bro. About George's hands, yeah he does, I was telling my family about that when I got home. I felt like a little kid when he shook my hand.
Old 11-04-2006   #9
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
I disagree I think the giants will sweep the cowboys...The giants are a very taleneted team that is about 1 player short of a Superbowl...
What player is that?

Oh and bah, are you a Cowboys fan? You seem to be very fond of them, and Texans fans seem to hate them more than even Giants fans. Plus, out of that entire post you chose to reply to the Giants sweeping the Cowboys comment and in an agressive manner. You have to either be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater since this thread was barely about the Cowboys and was mostly a classy thread regarding the Texans, yet you chose to focus on that one sentence in an agressive trash talking way.
NYSportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfreak View Post
What player is that?

Oh and bah, are you a Cowboys fan? You seem to be very fond of them, and Texans fans seem to hate them more than even Giants fans. Plus, out of that entire post you chose to reply to the Giants sweeping the Cowboys comment and in an agressive manner. You have to either be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater since this thread was barely about the Cowboys and was mostly a classy thread regarding the Texans, yet you chose to focus on that one sentence in an agressive trash talking way.
Whoa hold on there buddy!

I didnt know that I was being overly agressive for saying that I think the Cowboys will win the next game between the two.

Yes I am a huge Cowboys fan. They are my second favorite football team.

You seem to be the agressive trash talker here. One of the Giants fans stated that he thinks they will sweep the Cowboys. All I did was respond that I think the Cowboys will win the next.

Lay off the sugar, re-read my post, & then think straight before you go off on somebody for laying down a reasonable opinion.
Old 11-04-2006   #11
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Whoa hold on there buddy!

I didnt know that I was being overly agressive for saying that I think the Cowboys will win the next game between the two.

Yes I am a huge Cowboys fan. They are my second favorite football team.

You seem to be the agressive trash talker here. One of the Giants fans stated that he thinks they will sweep the Cowboys. All I did was respond that I think the Cowboys will win the next.

Lay off the sugar, re-read my post, & then think straight before you go off on somebody for laying down a reasonable opinion.
Wow a Texans and Cowboys fan. Are we sensitive much? Where was I being a trash talker? You said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, let's not pretend you said that the Cowboys will "beat" the Giants. There's a little difference there. This is the second post like that, the first one was just an opinion post about who will win the division so I didn't say anything, but this was a post where you took something that barely had to do with the thread which was in a classy way praising Texans fans and said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, which is trash talk from where I stand. Plus as I said it's not like the thread was about how the Giants will kick the crap out of the Cowboys the next time they play them it was just a throw away line at the end of a thread that was nothing but classy. So I said that you have to be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater because only one such would take away only that one line from a classy thread such as this. BTW, don't mean to be a jerk but I just don't understand how someone can be a Cowboys and Texans fan. I guess it's like being a Giants and Jets fan, very inexplicable.
Old 11-04-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow a Texans and Cowboys fan. Are we sensitive much? Where was I being a trash talker? You said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, let's not pretend you said that the Cowboys will "beat" the Giants. There's a little difference there. This is the second post like that, the first one was just an opinion post about who will win the division so I didn't say anything, but this was a post where you took something that barely had to do with the thread which was in a classy way praising Texans fans and said that the Cowboys will "beat down" the Giants, which is trash talk from where I stand. Plus as I said it's not like the thread was about how the Giants will kick the crap out of the Cowboys the next time they play them it was just a throw away line at the end of a thread that was nothing but classy. So I said that you have to be a Cowboys fan or a Giants hater because only one such would take away only that one line from a classy thread such as this. BTW, don't mean to be a jerk but I just don't understand how someone can be a Cowboys and Texans fan. I guess it's like being a Giants and Jets fan, very inexplicable.
First of all, I didnt know that I wrote "beat down". I apologize. I only meant to say that I think the Cowboys will win.

Second, I am allowed my opinion to say that I think the Cowboys will beat the Giants & that I think they will win the division.

Third, there are plenty of people who like the Texans AND the Cowboys. I understand that it is very easy to hate the Cowboys, a lot of people in Houston do.

But I grew up watching the Cowboys. I have lived in or around Houston my whole life & have always liked the Oilers and Texans also.

You dont have to bash somebody just because they like all the teams in their state. I am a pure-bread Texan and I have a lot of pride in my state. I dont understand why you have to hate on somebody just because they have 2 favorite teams.
Old 11-04-2006   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the Cowboys and Texans are in different conferences, so why not root for both? Let's get a Texas Superbowl.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #14
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I on the Cowgirls message board or is this a twilight zone moment.J/K
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #15
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
First of all, I didnt know that I wrote "beat down". I apologize. I only meant to say that I think the Cowboys will win.

Second, I am allowed my opinion to say that I think the Cowboys will beat the Giants & that I think they will win the division.

Third, there are plenty of people who like the Texans AND the Cowboys. I understand that it is very easy to hate the Cowboys, a lot of people in Houston do.

But I grew up watching the Cowboys. I have lived in or around Houston my whole life & have always liked the Oilers and Texans also.

You dont have to bash somebody just because they like all the teams in their state. I am a pure-bread Texan and I have a lot of pride in my state. I dont understand why you have to hate on somebody just because they have 2 favorite teams.
I never said I hated you and I wasn't bashing you, I just said it's inexplicable. I just don't understand it. I don't understand Giants/Jets fans either. I tell them that too. To me it was always natural to like one team and hate the other team that's near it even if it's a different conference. I'm not a baseball fan but I know that Mets fans hate Yankees fans and a lot of Jets fans don't like Giants fans and vice versa. Not hating, I just don't understand it, especially since almost all the fans here hate the Cowboys. Didn't mean to sound harsh, sorry.

Edit: That said, Texas is a pretty big state, I'd think that Houston is pretty far away from Dallas. I couldn't care less about the Bills, since they're a while away from NYC and aren't in the same conference. My dislike for a team that's close goes to the Jets that are in the same stadium. But most people here hate Dallas so I assumed that it was like the Jets/Giants.
Old 11-04-2006   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I never said I hated you and I wasn't bashing you, I just said it's inexplicable. I just don't understand it. I don't understand Giants/Jets fans either. I tell them that too. To me it was always natural to like one team and hate the other team that's near it even if it's a different conference. I'm not a baseball fan but I know that Mets fans hate Yankees fans and a lot of Jets fans don't like Giants fans and vice versa. Not hating, I just don't understand it, especially since almost all the fans here hate the Cowboys. Didn't mean to sound harsh, sorry.

Edit: That said, Texas is a pretty big state, I'd think that Houston is pretty far away from Dallas. I couldn't care less about the Bills, since they're a while away from NYC and aren't in the same conference. My dislike for a team that's close goes to the Jets that are in the same stadium. But most people here hate Dallas so I assumed that it was like the Jets/Giants.
If you wanna love the Giants & hate the Jets, then go for it.

But the Texans & the Cowboys dont play in the same stadium. So I dont have the same problems that you do. In fact, the Saints are not much farther away from the Texans than the Cowboys are.

I will continue my ways and cheer for both the Texans and the Cowboys.
Old 11-04-2006   #17
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
If you wanna love the Giants & hate the Jets, then go for it.

But the Texans & the Cowboys dont play in the same stadium. So I dont have the same problems that you do. In fact, the Saints are not much farther away from the Texans than the Cowboys are.

I will continue my ways and cheer for both the Texans and the Cowboys.
How dare you! I'm kidding. No one's stopping you.
Old 11-04-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If it is any consolation, I hope the Giants beat down the Eagles.
Old 11-04-2006   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone should, though, it's against the laws of nature.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006   #20
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Someone should, though, it's against the laws of nature.
haha. Did you live in Houston before Dallas? Because otherwise, Cowboys fans might say the same thing to you, lol.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read