Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-27-2004   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just give the Offense 12 players !

If you're watching tonights game between the Redskins & Cowboys, you
got to be amazed when the receiver mauls the DB on the long pass route,
but then of course they call interference on the DB. If scoring is so important
to the NFL powers that be (guess it makes for good ratings), I almost think I'd be for the O having one more guy on the field, as long as they let them play football instead of making those stupid calls on the D in the interst of giving O players an edge.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

That was a bad call on the pass interference. Interestingly enough scoring is down this year compared to last. So apparently the new rule hasn't had as much effect as people feared.
Old 09-27-2004   #3
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost wish the NFL would adopt the college pass interference penalty...15 yards. 40 yards or more when there is no guarantee the player would have caught the ball (IF it's a legit penalty) is terrible. I've always thought it was a terrible rule.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #4
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I almost wish the NFL would adopt the college pass interference penalty...15 yards. 40 yards or more when there is no guarantee the player would have caught the ball (IF it's a legit penalty) is terrible. I've always thought it was a terrible rule.
I hadn't thought of that...but I like it. It takes the ambiguity out of things and is more realistic.

I would like to throw my two cents worth in on the 5yrd No Contact Rule...as a former pass catcher I can't stand it. I don't mind getting physical down the field (until you cross into the Pass Interference realm)...in fact I preferred to put my hands on the DB, that way I knew where he was and I could push him off or help position my self for plays. I suspect I could do the same thing with todays NFL rules and the DB would get the flag instead of me. I just think we have gone too far in protecting the offense at the expense of the defense.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

That exact thing happened in the Dallas/Skins game last night. The DB had the inside track on the ball and the WR held his shoulder and came over him. The DB got the flag.
Old 09-29-2004   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was rooting for Dallas, but that call against the Washington CB was TERRIBLE. I hate seeing things like that and I agree that the 15 yd. college penalty is better. Referees shouldn't decide the outcome of the games, especially when they make horrible calls and everyone can see it but them.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read