Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2006   #1
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Default Giants May Be Without Top Receiver

Hi all,

I hope I'm not jumping the gun on this, but word out of Giants camp today is that our leading receiver, Plaxico Burress, is having continued trouble with back spasms and may not make the game on Sunday.

He missed most practices this week, but we still thought he could go. I think he'll be officially listed as "questionable" today.

Just fyi.
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Re: Giants May Be Without Top Receiver

I hope he gets back quickly...

...and by quickly I mean next week
Old 11-03-2006   #3
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
I hope he gets back quickly...

...and by quickly I mean next week

Hehe, I understand. Other WR's to keep an eye on in (perhaps) Burress's absensce would include Amani Toomer, a speedster named Tim Carter who's been with us for a few years now, a mainly special teams player named David Tyree and a young dude named Michael Jennings.

We drafted Sinorice Moss, but he hasn't been able to consistently practice due to a nagging quad injury.
Old 11-03-2006   #4
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
word out of Giants camp today is that our leading receiver, Plaxico Burress, is having continued trouble with back spasms and may not make the game on Sunday.
Hope he ain't hurt for too long. Just Week 9.
He's very tall......
Old 11-03-2006   #5
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

If Burress doesn't go that changes a lot. Damn it the Giants are banged up.
NYSportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Now they have thier built in excuse like the Jags! Well, maybe not, because that would imply they would have something to make an excuse about (like loosing to us) and that is unlikley, but I'll still wake up at around 11:58 hoping like hell for a win and debating whetver to wear my AJ jearsy, which seems to be cursed.
Old 11-03-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I read over on the GiantsZone, that he left practice early because of back spasms, but was listed as "probable" for this Sunday.....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2006   #8
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I read over on the GiantsZone, that he left practice early because of back spasms, but was listed as "probable" for this Sunday.....
Prior to today he was already listed as probable with ongoing back problems. From what I hear that may change...I may be wrong - I want to stress that this isn't official yet - but that's just what I'm hearing from a pal closer to the team.
Old 11-03-2006   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
Hehe, I understand. Other WR's to keep an eye on in (perhaps) Burress's absensce would include Amani Toomer, a speedster named Tim Carter who's been with us for a few years now, a mainly special teams player named David Tyree and a young dude named Michael Jennings.

We drafted Sinorice Moss, but he hasn't been able to consistently practice due to a nagging quad injury.
Well, honestly, I think all your 1st and 2nd team guys should just take this week off to get healthy. Really. I'm just thinking of what's best for you guys. You want to be fresh for the second half of the season.

Suit up your equipment guys and strength coaches and our o-line might only give up 1 or 2 sacks.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #10
GiantsJunkie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, honestly, I think all your 1st and 2nd team guys should just take this week off to get healthy. Really. I'm just thinking of what's best for you guys. You want to be fresh for the second half of the season.

Suit up your equipment guys and strength coaches and our o-line might only give up 1 or 2 sacks.
Hehe, guys, I've been in your spot before, too - knowing that my team would probably lose, no matter what..., but man, when they pull the upset in the middle of a bad season to really shock someone it feels sweet.

I hope my Giants don't blow this game, but you guys are some good fans (I ALWAYS preferred the Oilers to the Cowboys - and hell, certainly HOUSTON to FORT WORTH or IRVING!), so I hope you can get a real team going soon. AND...my personal hope is that the Carr kid makes it happen, though it sounds like his time may be dwindling down there.
Old 11-03-2006   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Save Burress for the Bears game if necessary. I doubt they will miss him much against the Texans. Carr will probably fumble enough to negate the fact Burress is out.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Save Burress for the Bears game if necessary. I doubt they will miss him much against the Texans. Carr will probably fumble enough to negate the fact Burress is out.
At least Texans fans can always have a positive outlook before a big game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I have Toomer on the bench on my fantasy team. Maybe I should find a way to squeeze him into the lineup
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I like all the NFC East fans so far because we all have one thing in common.

We hate the Cowboys.

Thanks for the status update GiantsJunkie.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #15
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I like all the NFC East fans so far because we all have one thing in common.

We hate the Cowboys.

Thanks for the status update GiantsJunkie.
Even Cowboys fans?
Old 11-03-2006   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfreak View Post
Even Cowboys fans?
especially the fans...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #17
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

My feelings will not be hurt if the Giants will agree to forfeit this game.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #18
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
especially the fans...
That's not what I meant. I meant, that he said that likes NFC East fans because they hate the Cowboys, but do Cowboys fans that are in the NFC East as well hate the Cowboys? I was just being a smart ass.
Old 11-03-2006   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
At least Texans fans can always have a positive outlook before a big game.
I used to live in NY and I'm a Giants fan too so take it any way you like.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #20
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfreak View Post
That's not what I meant. I meant, that he said that likes NFC East fans because they hate the Cowboys, but do Cowboys fans that are in the NFC East as well hate the Cowboys? I was just being a smart ass.
If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd hate 'em!
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read