Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-02-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top LBs

I think the Top Linebackers in this draft are:

Patrick Willis - 101 Tackles 7 TFL 1 Sack 0 INT 1 FF1 FR 6 Breakups.
Buster Davis - 72 Tackles 5 TFL 3 Sacks 1 INT 1 Breakup
David Harris - COULD NOT FIND STATS
Tony Taylor - 63 Tackles 4.5 TFL 2 Sacks 4 INTs 2 Breakups
Paul Posluszny - 79 Tackles 4 TFL 2 Sacks 0 INTs 1 Breakup

I think all of these guys are MLBs except Posluszny. I know Buster can play outside as well as inside, not sure about these other guys...from what I have seen Tony Taylor may be able to play outside, but I am not so sure about his speed.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: Top LBs

If Pusluszny Knee keeps getting better and is there in the 2nd RD. I think we need to jump on him. DWreck and this guy would be awesome. Same motor as Demeco, same nose for the ball and loves to lay the lumber.Plays way bigger than his size. 6'2 238 IIRC.
Old 11-03-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Harris is a decent player but all that talent on the Michigan D makes him look better than he really is.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

You could add Rufus Alexander from OU to that list.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #5
TexansCanes
All Pro

i really like pat willis, talk about a great player that has character. would get alot more pub if he played for anyone else. if we trade down or he somehow he slips i think he would be a great fit to play along side ryans for awhile.
Old 11-04-2006   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Buster Davis had 8 tackles tonight, a sack, and a safety.
Old 11-04-2006   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Add HD Blades to the list. He is looking to be an early 2nd rounder.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Add HD Blades to the list. He is looking to be an early 2nd rounder.
HB Blades has been a easy 1st round choice since pre-season.
Old 11-05-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Not really.

He has had serious work ethic & attitude problems.

He has tremendous talent but is character is an issue.
Old 11-05-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
HB Blades is rated #40 on the Huddlereport.com. That is a solid 2nd rounder. Now their ranking is not the best at this time of year, but that is a # I have heard for him on other sites.
Old 11-05-2006   #11
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I'm a bit biased, but I think Poz's versatility would be a real bonus. He played OLB his first three seasons, but switched to ILB this season, which along with wearing a heavy knee brace was a reason he struggled early in the season. On the other hand, I don't think he'll drop out of the first round.

DeMeco's playing well enough that I'd be wary of moving him outside and picking up one of the MLBs.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
DeMeco's playing well enough that I'd be wary of moving him outside and picking up one of the MLBs.
I am starting to thinki the same thing.
Old 11-05-2006   #13
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Are you serious? Paul Posluszny has looked horrible since his injury. He's not even the best LB on his team.
Old 11-05-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE View Post
Are you serious? Paul Posluszny has looked horrible since his injury.
horrible?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJunkE View Post
Are you serious? Paul Posluszny has looked horrible since his injury. He's not even the best LB on his team.
Connor has looked better but no way has Posluszny looked horrible.
Old 11-06-2006   #16
TexansCanes
All Pro

Pozy hasn't looked like he did last year but he is really starting to improve. I watched the Illinios game and he was all over Juice in the 2nd half, i think he has like 10 tackles, a sack, and forced fumble that was returned for a TD. I would expect to see him make more plays in the last few games then he was earlier in the year.
Old 11-06-2006   #17
TexansJunkE
Veteran

OK maybe not horrible, but not a top LB. Conner is better.
Old 11-06-2006   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Update of my Top 5 LBs:
Patrick Willis - 112 Tackles 7 TFL 1 Sack 0 INT 1 FF 1 FR 6 Breakups.
Buster Davis - 81 Tackles 6 TFL 4 Sacks 1 INT 1 Breakup
Tony Taylor - 73 Tackles 6.5 TFL 3 Sacks 5 INTs 2 Breakups
Paul Posluszny - 93 Tackles 4 TFL 2 Sacks 0 INTs 1 Breakup

Paul has looked good to me. His stats are consistant with last years, and last year he had 115 tackles 11 TFL and 3 sacks. The only thing that is down is TFL. He is easily a top 5 linebacker

What I think is interesting is that Tony Taylor has 5 interceptions. He plays WLB for Georgia very well. He would be a nice upgrade to Greenwood.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-06-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2006   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Siler - Florida

Might declare as a junior.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Update of my Top 5 LBs:
Patrick Willis - 112 Tackles 7 TFL 1 Sack 0 INT 1 FF 1 FR 6 Breakups.
Buster Davis - 81 Tackles 6 TFL 4 Sacks 1 INT 1 Breakup
Tony Taylor - 73 Tackles 6.5 TFL 3 Sacks 5 INTs 2 Breakups
Paul Posluszny - 93 Tackles 4 TFL 2 Sacks 0 INTs 1 Breakup

Paul has looked good to me. His stats are consistant with last years, and last year he had 115 tackles 11 TFL and 3 sacks. The only thing that is down is TFL. He is easily a top 5 linebacker

What I think is interesting is that Tony Taylor has 5 interceptions. He plays WLB for Georgia very well. He would be a nice upgrade to Greenwood.
Interesting that most of your guys are MLB, at least this year. I think Posz's TFL numbers being down has a little to do with him playing the middle this year, and yes Connor would be a great pick up for any team.

Also thank you for putting Taylor on my radar.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read