Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-01-2006   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Potential FAs

My apologies if this is in the wrong section.
Yahoo put out a list of their top 10 unrestricted FAs.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

1. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis Colts
2.Adalius Thomas, OLB, Baltimore Ravens
3.Nate Clements, CB, Buffalo Bills
4.Lance Briggs, OLB, Chicago Bears
5.Asante Samuel, CB, New England Patriots
6.Cato June, OLB, Indianapolis Colts
7.Eric Steinbach, G, Cincinnati Bengals
8.Leonard Davis, T, Arizona Cardinals
9.Ken Hamlin, S, Seattle Seahawks
10.Chris Brown, RB, Tennessee Titans

Personally, I would love the texans to go after Nate Clements and Lance Briggs. Clements is a young Corner we can put opposite Dunta. I think that having Dunta on the opposite side will only help Clements(and Dunta) and we could potentially have a probowl calibur level of Corners.

For those of you who know me, know I spent two years in Chicago. I am a huge Defensive football fan and believe Lance Briggs would be a HUGE addition to our lb core. He had 126 tackles in 2004(when Urlacher was injured 7 games) and he is a beast out on the gridiron. When I have seen him play, I have always seen him near the ball swarming. I think with Demeco(did we ever come up with a good nickname for him) he will be a OLB force.

What are your thoughts?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #2
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential FAs

You can add Pac-Man and Haynesworth to that list.
Old 11-01-2006   #3
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
You can add Pac-Man and Haynesworth to that list.
thugs
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'd like Hamlin
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5
Toro
Veteran

I'd love to see them go after Steinbach and Samuel.

Steinbach and Pitts, Winston and Spencer at T and Flanagan at C is a good looking Oline in my opinion.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Dwight Freeney, DE, Indianapolis Colts

3.Nate Clements, CB, Buffalo Bills

4.Lance Briggs, OLB, Chicago Bears

5.Asante Samuel, CB, New England Patriots

Any one of these, I am happy with.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The bigger question is, which will actually be available and at some rate less than the national debt. Most of these guys will never see the light of day in FA. My guess is that Clements will hit the market (not happy there) and he would be great to pick up but many teams would be after him and the dollars will go out of site.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2006   #8
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Didnt Adailus Thomas break Mike Vick's leg

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #9
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Hamlin is the only one I think we can get at a decent price.

Go for T, CB, LB in draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #10
whiskeyrbl

Clements and Briggs

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read