Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-01-2006   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Favorite nfl theme music?

I figured, "hey why not ask the Texans faithful this question..."

So here it is...

What is your favorite NFL Theme music, past or present...

mine has got to be the current cbs theme...love that music...haha.

Well, what's yours?
Old 11-01-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Favorite nfl theme music?

NBC's is pretty good. nothing beats MNF though.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I like the songs they use on Inside the NFL. But out of the networks, MNF has the best one.
Old 11-01-2006   #4
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta go with CBS as well................
And the music they play when Chris Berman is doing the highlights-pure football music.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what the name of the song is, but they play it all the time for NFL Films. I bought the NFL Films soundtrack, but it wasn't on there either! It starts off with a tuba or a baritone playing solo, and then then an orchestra or a band follows it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

MNF will never be equaled
Old 11-01-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't know what the name of the song is, but they play it all the time for NFL Films. I bought the NFL Films soundtrack, but it wasn't on there either! It starts off with a tuba or a baritone playing solo, and then then an orchestra or a band follows it.
It may be "A Chilling Championship". I seem to remember that one having a solo at the beginning. IDK though.

KT may be right, though. MNF is pretty far up there. Sam Spence had a lot of awesome stuff though.
Old 11-01-2006   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I am probably gonna get blasted for this one, however it was what I heard when I went to my very first Pro Football game. If i mess up some lyrics my bad, I am doing most by memory.

Look out football, here we come,
Houston Oilers, Number One.

Houston has the Oilers, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground - always in control,
And when you say the Oilers, you're talking Super Bowl.

'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,
Yes, we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,

We've got the offense, we've got the defense,
We give the other team no hope.
You know we're gonna hold the rope.

Houston Oilers, Number One - Five - Seven - Eight,
We're the best from the Lone Star State!
Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #9
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody can touch MNF. SNF comes in a distant second.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
My father and I would laugh and say, " Yeah, they're talking Super Bowl, but that's all they're doin', 'cause they sure ain't playin' in one."
I might be compleltey wrong here so if I am am, please disregard. When the Oilers were here, then coach jack pardee had a tv show on one of the local stations. The theme song was something like "Hey Hey Jack!" and then there would be a guy asking questions like, "what do you think about us in the superbowl" or something to that effect. And whenever I heard that (being the smart aleck kid that I was) was "pretty damn good. If you book now you can get an amazing deal on a hotel, airfaire, and superbowl ticket combo deal!"

When I read your response I was immedialty taken back to that! Thanks for the short trip down memory lane!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read