Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2006   #1
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Article in the NY Post

Just a snippet...
"Well to be honest with you, I didnt know we played the Bears until you just said it, but I"m thinking about Houston, to be honest with you," Jacobs said. "I know the Bears are doing well, they're winning, they're undefeated. I don't care who comes in here. We gotta keep pluggin."...

"Obviously, the Bears are the hot, sexy team right now," Barber said. "They're 7-0, the proverbial best team in the NFC right now. That's a challenge for us, but our focus is on Houston."

Because they are The Professionals.

"Houston beat Jacksonville two weeks ago," Manning said.

"Houston beat Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago," Burress said.

"Now bring on Sage Rosenfels."

The Giants are definitely focused on us. Is there any chance we can pull this one out?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #2
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Default Re: Article in the NY Post

I really hope they're focused. Last time the Giants weren't focused against the Texans they played a much worse Texans team which was in its first season and lost. But honestly those are just words.
NYSportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #3
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

i'd say there is little to no chance of us winning since the giants have more talent than us at virtually every position. that said, sometimes talent doesn't matter and the underdog just goes off.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfreak View Post
I really hope they're focused. Last time the Giants weren't focused against the Texans they played a much worse Texans team which was in its first season and lost. But honestly those are just words.
I honestly don't know how much worse that first Texans team was compared to this one. In 2002 the Texans defense and David Carr were better. Yes I know, pretty pathetic. Also, that 2002 Giants team was no where near as good as this 2006 Giants team. Kerry Collins is all I have to say there.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Collins' bad play and two 4th quarter interceptions iced it. The bad snap over the punter's head for a safety helped too. Some may be surprised that 3/5 of our starting offensive line then was the same as it is now. I may have to pull that tape from the library to reminisce.

And we had Matt Stevens.

And they had Ron Dayne....and Tiki and a high profile rookie named Shockey.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebo...021124_NYG@HOU

Last edited by aj.; 11-01-2006 at 08:12 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

It gets loud in the meadowlands, the giants have been playing really good football lately.. the score of them vs Tampa Bay last week (14-3) really doesn't mean much because the winds there were ridiculous... i'll be there recieving abuse from giants fans so Go Texans!
Old 11-01-2006   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Collins had 18 completions with 41 attempts. That's brutal.
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125 View Post
It gets loud in the meadowlands, the giants have been playing really good football lately.. the score of them vs Tampa Bay last week (14-3) really doesn't mean much because the winds there were ridiculous... i'll be there recieving abuse from giants fans so Go Texans!
Plus I think the Giants had the Monday Night victory hangover. BTW, the score was 17-3.

You'll be alright up there. You might get a little vocal jabbing but that is about it. For the most part Giants fans are pretty classy. Besides, they are not going to rag too much on a AFC team fan, especially Houston.
Old 11-01-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Texans Can Take Giants

Houston can hang with anybody in the league. It's a question of desire and teamwork and not selling themselves short more than anything else at this point. I look to Carr especially to want to make a strong point against a Giants team that is talking about focusing on Houston but can't help but look towards the Bears. Houston over NY.
Old 11-01-2006   #10
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

If the texans can stop the run and force the pass while getting a good pass rush, I could see us CONTAINING their offense...not stopping but containing, maybe limiting them to 17 points or so. Texans D has played well past few games.

If Carr comes out and takes care of the football, I could see our offense doing some damage. This will actually be a lot better football game than people make it out to be.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you remember what the Eagles did to Houston in the first game? Do you remember what Houston did to Jacksonville? Then, last Sunday, look what Jacksonville did to the Eagles, in their house.

Ya never know.

And who da thunk that the Steelers would be 2-5, just like we are.

But I do know this.

The Texans are on the rise.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #12
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

of course we can pull out a win

If we go out there and execute , minimize our mistakes, and show determination and effort for all 4 quarters, then this game is ours for the taking.

any given sunday
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #13
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

The Home Boys cant win on the road. Doesn't matter who they play.
Old 11-01-2006   #14
phan1
All Pro

After how we played the last 2 games, I really think we can "hang" with most teams in the league as well... Not sure about this one though.

I think we're not a very good matchup against teams with high-powered offenses (like the Colts), and the NG Giants is about a high-powered as you can get. They have the best set of skill players in the league on that offense. While the front seven has been the big difference in why we've improved the past couple weeks, I still think our secondary is suspect, even with Faggins back. I just don't trust out defense to do much against the Giants, and if things go bad early, expect a very long day...

I'd rather matchup against the Bears to be honest with you.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #15
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll be there also, but I don't think we will win. On the other hand, if we play our best ball ever and they begin the game chillin' since they are playing us and figure we are an easy win - ya nevah know...but a win for us is not real likely.

My hope is that we show up, don't give up, and don't get blown away. Sad to say, but I'll be happy with a relatively close game. As a Texan fan, I am reduced to being sortof ok with a loss of 10 points or less. That is pretty pathetic, but it is what it is.

Nonetheless, I have hope every Sunday morning that this game will be the one where we turn the corner and this Sunday won't be any different.

Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I've got no doubt that they are focused on Houston. They know, most of all that they are not playing good football right now, and one more "bleh" game can send the team into a tailspin they may not recover from.

Look at the Eagles, they lost 3 in a row, and have fallen fast in their division, and that's with the hottest QB in the league, & the most prolific offense.

Secondly they should understand that Houston might be 2-5, but We are playing like we are 2 & 2(since Miami)...... & we are due a win.

They should also know the team they will face on Sunday will be better than the team they saw play last Sunday, because we are still in the getting better phase of the GaryKubiak era.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #17
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
The Giants are definitely focused on us. Is there any chance we can pull this one out?
As scary good as they've been over the last few weeks, it would have been nice to think they're overlooking us.

I hope our guys can step up, but the Giants are human, too.
Old 11-01-2006   #18
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are going to have any chance at all in this game, we have to improve on on stat-turnover differential. We are tied for last in the NFL with -9. A whopping one interception from the defense. Thats not going to do it, not at all. This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed. When was the last time this team scored on defense? Was it the Jacksonville game a few years ago or the KC game? Its been a long time, thats for sure.
Old 11-01-2006   #19
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I honestly don't know how much worse that first Texans team was compared to this one. In 2002 the Texans defense and David Carr were better. Yes I know, pretty pathetic. Also, that 2002 Giants team was no where near as good as this 2006 Giants team. Kerry Collins is all I have to say there.
How in the world was a rookie Carr better in 2002? Hasn't he been on top in completion percentage all of 2006 so far? I think that he was THE leader for a while, not sure now.
Old 11-01-2006   #20
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Quote:
You know what's hilarious? That's the third time someone's made that mistake. I made that mistake first even after watching the entire game, saying that they won 14-3, then it was a newspaper, now you. lol It was 17-3, it was just 14-3 for a long time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read