Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2006   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default I hate ESPN

I saw resident ESPN talking head Woody Paige today on I think it was 1st and Ten or something. But someone asked if Reggie "the messiah" Bush was not living up to expectations or something of that nature and he says,"He's certainly doing better than that guy drafted ahead of him"

Is Michael Smith the only ESPN analyst who actually watches the football games and not just the highlights "the higher power" makes them watch?
Old 10-31-2006   #2
wrestler4life
Veteran

Default Re: I hate ESPN

Yes. They are all freakin blind. They think taht he is doing something special just because his team is playing well. I guess it is all because Bush is on the field.???!!!
Old 10-31-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Thats bs
Old 10-31-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I saw resident ESPN talking head Woody Paige today on I think it was 1st and Ten or something. But someone asked if Reggie "the messiah" Bush was not living up to expectations or something of that nature and he says,"He's certainly doing better than that guy drafted ahead of him"

Is Michael Smith the only ESPN analyst who actually watches the football games and not just the highlights "the higher power" makes them watch?
The mistake you are making here is watching 1st and Ten. Maybe if it was around the horn. ESPN loves Reggie Bush. It's a known fact, it will not stop, if he does not play well they will make excuses.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Its hard to get a good understanding of a players performance by reading the box score and reading what other people write, then going on TV and acting like you have a knowledgable opinion. Most of these talking heads dont take the time to watch all of the games to really evaluate how players are performing, especially the low profiles games. Plus they spent the whole off season declaring him the next savior of the gridiron so when they read the box scores they are looking at it with rose colored glasses trying to prove they are right. This year with Mario, VY and Bush it has become far more apparent who does their home work and who does not, as well as who can be objective.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The mistake you are making here is watching 1st and Ten. Maybe if it was around the horn. ESPN loves Reggie Bush. It's a known fact, it will not stop, if he does not play well they will make excuses.
Its not my fault, I was at work and forced to watch it!!!

BTW, notice how little press ESPN gives the best rookie on the Saints and leading candidate for offensive rookie of the year that 7th round WR Colston from Hofstra?

Conspiracy....
Old 11-01-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its not my fault, I was at work and forced to watch it!!!

BTW, notice how little press ESPN gives the best rookie on the Saints and leading candidate for offensive rookie of the year that 7th round WR Colston from Hofstra?

Conspiracy....
They like highlights and sometimes that gets away from some of the other things going on in the NFL. They need to re-do their talk shows for most sports except maybe baseball and college football. I still enjoy and appreciate everything ESPN does...I dont know what I would do without it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2006   #8
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

I must admit I usually try and catch Golic and the Gang on NFl Live, its a guilty pleasure! Golic has been quick to mention that L. Maroney has been the best rookie running back, pointing out that he can do it all and is out gaining all other rookie backs. Actually I beleieve he said "including the back that went #2 overall to New Orleans". Not only that Maroney is still sharing carries with Cory Dillon.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear View Post
I must admit I usually try and catch Golic and the Gang on NFl Live, its a guilty pleasure! Golic has been quick to mention that L. Maroney has been the best rookie running back, pointing out that he can do it all and is out gaining all other rookie backs. Actually I beleieve he said "including the back that went #2 overall to New Orleans". Not only that Maroney is still sharing carries with Cory Dillon.
Yea Golic usually is a good one to listen to. I figured Maroney would come out and be the best back as a rookie, although, Joseph Addai is getting better and better with that Colts offense and I bet him and Maroney are going to be the two fighting for it in the end. If Lundy can keep up his recent play he can have close to 1000 yards on the season and could contend as well.
Old 11-01-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody knew that Maroney was the best RB in the draft. Correct.

They just thought that Bush was the best overall player. Way wrong.

Anybody (ESPN included) who seriously thought that Bush was the best Running Back in the Draft does not know football & shouldnt be on TV delivering their opinions.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Also we only have 1 INT as a TEAM this season. We only had 6 last season and thats very low. These guys need to start forcing some turnovers quick. In 2004 we had 22 INTs. 6 by Dunta, 3 by Petey, and 5 by Aaron.
Old 11-01-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also we only have 1 INT as a TEAM this season. We only had 6 last season and thats very low. These guys need to start forcing some turnovers quick. In 2004 we had 22 INTs. 6 by Dunta, 3 by Petey, and 5 by Aaron.
The reason for that is simple. Aaron Glenn made everyone in the secondary look better. Nobody wanted to throw on him so they threw on Dunta all the time, which gave him more opportunities.

If we want to get more INTs then we need more than one good player back there.
Old 11-01-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Everybody knew that Maroney was the best RB in the draft. Correct.

They just thought that Bush was the best overall player. Way wrong.

Anybody (ESPN included) who seriously thought that Bush was the best Running Back in the Draft does not know football & shouldnt be on TV delivering their opinions.
Well you had DeAngelo Williams there as well. He was pretty close to Maroney.
Old 11-01-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well you had DeAngelo Williams there as well. He was pretty close to Maroney.
No doubt. But ESPN was using the Conf. USA arguement against him while Maroney was tearing up big time Big 10 defenses.
Old 11-01-2006   #15
NYSportsfreak
Rookie

Any place that employs Michael Irvin, other than a football team or a crackhouse, shouldn't be taken seriously.
NYSportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #16
Toro
Veteran

First things first, and not to veer too far off topic here, but Yves Edwards is a bad ass and if I ever wind up in Houston (which may happen sooner or later), I'd give an arm to train at Revolution Dojo. Good group of trainers there, including Yves and Tim Creduer.

Now on to the topic at hand, let's face the music about "The Network". They cling on to the hot hand and ride it to the ground in all sports. God knows, if they had their head any further up St. Reginald's butthole, they'd be able to point out each layer of fat on the guy's colon. It's almost sickening, but then again considering they've been this way with him since he was a senior in high school, you sort of grow a thick skin to listening and sort of learn mechanisims (change the freaking channel) everytime they start.

What pisses me off is the fact that from now until Williams proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was the better and wiser pick by the Texans, the Network and other shadow jockeys are going to continue to ride this horse and pony show in to the ground, and the Texans may not be able to completely live down the fact that they passed up Bush until then.

I do wish someone there would look outside the box and would give this fact, rather than reciting the same dribble over and over. Facts are, yes Bush has been "exciting". However, what's also not to be lost (but noticiably has been in the worship of St. Reginald) is the fact that Bush hasn't even been the best rookie on SAINTS, let alone in the NFL. Hell, the guy is being outplayed by a 7th round pick from Hofstra, but of course the Bush lovers will quietly sweep that one under the rug.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:

Join the club! I saw that and it seriously made my question if they even care. I was glad they finally admitted Bush isn't living up to expectations, but to say he's doing a much better job than Mario is crazy. Speaking of ESPN, anyone else notice how ESPN only gives attention to teams when they meet their predictions? For example, they never show crappy teams winning or good teams losing, its like they dont want to look bad; If only they knew . . .
Old 11-01-2006   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:

I saw that show, he actually added that he did not know if Mario Williams was stil in the league.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #19
Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
I saw that show, he actually added that he did not know if Mario Williams was stil in the league.
Then who sacked VY on Sunday?
Old 11-01-2006   #20
phan1
All Pro

If you follow the Texans, I think it's unquestionable that Mario over Bush was this right choice. Bush=Westbrook. Great catching out of the backfield, can't run worth a darn inbetween the tackles. Deuce is doing just fine running the football as well, so Bush has no excuse. I'd take Jones-Drew over Bush any day of the week. He's the best back of the 2006 draft. Maroney's pretty good, but I prefer a guy with more versatility (man I miss DD).

***** writers. I look foward to when we start winning games, so people can at least make some informed comments about us.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read