Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2006   #1
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Could you guys just relax?

I dont understand, I look at this Carr benching to be the right move for the Texans and Carr's career. Kubiak showed him that if he isnt going to take care of the football that his ***** is going to be on the bench. Now not only is it a reality check for Carr, he also realizes that maybe that rosenfels guy can play a bit of football.

The benching will be a turning point in the right direction for Carr. Hes being pressured by his coach to play better (although Carr's numbers are decent) and thats something he hasnt had since he came out of Fresno State.

So just relax, wait it out for the rest of the year and then we'll see what happens.
Old 10-31-2006   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could you guys just relax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
So just relax, wait it out for the rest of the year and then we'll see what happens.
Alot of us have been waiting for 4+ years... When are we allowed to give up ?
Old 10-31-2006   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The benching will be a turning point in the right direction for Carr. Hes being pressured by his coach to play better (although Carr's numbers are decent) and thats something he hasnt had since he came out of Fresno State.
I said all the way back in the offseason that this was going to happen...and that Carr would come back and have the game of his life the next week.

So far I'm right about one...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
I dont understand, I look at this Carr benching to be the right move for the Texans and Carr's career. Kubiak showed him that if he isnt going to take care of the football that his ***** is going to be on the bench. Now not only is it a reality check for Carr, he also realizes that maybe that rosenfels guy can play a bit of football.

I agree...Its gonna be interesting to see how he responds in this next game.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #5
srstex
Veteran

Actually I think the benching was good for Sheppard too, we found Anderson. Accountability, the Kubiak key word , should bring out the talent that all these players have, that made them good enough to play professional football. Maybe benching Salam would help too, he was awful this past Sunday, 3 false starts by him alone. We gave that game to the Titans, but let's not forget Mario did sack Young.
Old 10-31-2006   #6
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
If Carr doesn't find sucess in the new system-the better system. We all knew this was a rebuilding year, and it looks like we'll find out whether or not Carr is our man.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #7
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
QuitYabishin' son, 4 years isnt that long considering how old our team started off. We had crap players the 1st year the 2nd year we had a little bit better (with andre of course) 3rd year we peaked with a old defense and lower than average offense 4th year; hell year no defense no offense plus of course, there was no such thing as an o-line for those 4 years (YOU KNOW ITS TRUE DANGIT but yes, Carr does hold onto the ball because hes looking down field now, you know when he got that int he threw it because he wouldnt take the sack but thats not an excuse for him not taking care of the ball) and now New Coach and system on both sides of the ball...we are going to have to wait you know. And its not like John Elway is coming out in the next draft...but Adrien Peterson is along with that other nice RB.
Old 10-31-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
QuitYabishin' son, 4 years isnt that long considering how old our team started off. We had crap players the 1st year the 2nd year we had a little bit better (with andre of course) 3rd year we peaked with a old defense and lower than average offense 4th year; hell year no defense no offense plus of course, there was no such thing as an o-line for those 4 years (YOU KNOW ITS TRUE DANGIT but yes, Carr does hold onto the ball because hes looking down field now, you know when he got that int he threw it because he wouldnt take the sack but thats not an excuse for him not taking care of the ball) and now New Coach and system on both sides of the ball...we are going to have to wait you know. And its not like John Elway is coming out in the next draft...but Adrien Peterson is along with that other nice RB.
I'm glad Carr will start against NYG..... I hope like heck, this was the last time Kubiak has to take any drastic steps to get David to respond.... I hope David understands that this team looked just as good, and our OL looked 10Xs better when Sage was in the game..... Garbage stats to garbage stats, Sage got the ball downfield, without relying on AJ to to break 5 tackles, & taking unecessary hits(that's why AJ doesn't return punts)..... in garbage time, Sage got sacked, and we still got a TD on that possession.

I hope we see the best David can be from here on out.

I'm pulling for David to be better than avg....... why??

Because we can't go back to the '06 draft, where there was a minimum of three franchise QBs...... we may even be able to count BradGradkowski
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I said all the way back in the offseason that this was going to happen...and that Carr would come back and have the game of his life the next week.

So far I'm right about one...

...alrighty then, something to count on and look forward to...thanks!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
When one is no longer a fan. As long as one is a fan of the Texans, one should hope for nothing but the best from any player on the team. JMO, of course, but if one is not having fun being a fan, maybe one should take a break or something. There's no sense torturing one's self.

This isn't a direct response to you; just a general answer to the sentiment expressed in the post.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #11
DenverBorn
Veteran

I think David Carr has had two fundamental problems:

1. He never had to compete for the job. We all know that Banks was at best an emergency backup. I never remember anyone thinking that Banks should be the starter, even when Carr sucked (which was often)

2. Coming up though an expansion franchise, he was trained to just try to play respectably, not to win. The standard the first few years was respectability. Keep it close, keep the fans interested, fine. Good enough.

So he never had any pressure to win his job or to win games

Now he hopefully has both. We have a back-up QB who frankly I think is better than Carr, but at a minimum there's a legitimate debate. And I hope the new coach wants to win. He wasn't brought in to be respectable. And he should be held accountable for winning, thus forcing him to hold his players accountable for winning.

I think Carr's benching was the most important move in the franchise's history thus far. And I hope GK doesn't hesitate to do it again. And if Carr's not better by the end of the year, we should move him out much like Detroit did with Harrington. Time to get some guys in here who want to win.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #12
New_Texans
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm glad Carr will start against NYG..... I hope like heck, this was the last time Kubiak has to take any drastic steps to get David to respond.... I hope David understands that this team looked just as good, and our OL looked 10Xs better when Sage was in the game..... Garbage stats to garbage stats, Sage got the ball downfield, without relying on AJ to to break 5 tackles, & taking unecessary hits(that's why AJ doesn't return punts)..... in garbage time, Sage got sacked, and we still got a TD on that possession.

I hope we see the best David can be from here on out.

I'm pulling for David to be better than avg....... why??

Because we can't go back to the '06 draft, where there was a minimum of three franchise QBs...... we may even be able to count BradGradkowski
David gets the ball down field too...ugh are you guys watching the same games I am? I dont get it...if you watched the Jake Plummer in the DEN IND game you saw him throw short passes and then boot leg to throw it deep...im annoyed....Sage isnt better than Carr, I'm sure of it and Vaden Bosh was getting pressure on Sage and I believe Sage got sacked too (Weigert was horrible!!!!) plus i think other teams know what blitzes mess with Carr when hes in and not when Sage is in because Sage hasnt had time to play.

Defense get blitz packages ready for a specific QB and O-line. Its not like they use the same blitzes for everyone...trust me if Sage does get an extended period of time playing and defenses start throwing specifically designed blitzes at him, he wont look special. There is a reason Sage isnt a starting QB and a life time back up. If he plays, we will find out why.
Old 10-31-2006   #13
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Amen brother!!! I agree.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #14
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
I agree. It's a new system with new coaches. Except for a couple games, DC is doing very well. Heck, Plummer said it takes two years to learn Kubes system. I think DC is well ahead of the curve.
I trust Kubiak's thoughts on Carr, not what other fans think.
Also, I think we can agree Wiegert and Salaam are weak. How many QB's do great with weak tackles?
Old 11-01-2006   #15
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

My take:
The team turned the corner after the Jags game.
Carr has a bad day playing the Titans.
Not a good time to do that.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
I trust Kubiak's thoughts on Carr, not what other fans think.

Also, I think we can agree Wiegert and Salaam are weak. How many QB's do great with weak tackles?
Don't you trust Kubiak's assessment on Wiegert and Salaam?
Old 11-01-2006   #17
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

At first, I thought benching Carr was a bonehead move. But now I can see what Coach was trying to do. Hopefully it worked.
And while I don't expect us to run over the Giants, I believe we will see a much more motivated man under center when Sunday rolls around.
OrangeCountyTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #18
done88
Veteran

Its time to start giving the ball to the person that give us the best chance to win anf clearly that is Sage.
Old 11-01-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Don't you trust Kubiak's assessment on Wiegert and Salaam?
I don't know what his thoughts are but I kind of want to throw something around a little. I trust Kubiak has the best tackles starting that are employed by the Texans at this point. I'm willing to bet there's going to be a large amount of player shuffling in the off season for next season. I think we bring in at least one if not two Oline FAs this off season. I might be wrong, but by gosh I hope not. Thoughts?
Old 11-01-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
David gets the ball down field too...ugh are you guys watching the same games I am? I dont get it...if you watched the Jake Plummer in the DEN IND game you saw him throw short passes and then boot leg to throw it deep...im annoyed....Sage isnt better than Carr, I'm sure of it and Vaden Bosh was getting pressure on Sage and I believe Sage got sacked too (Weigert was horrible!!!!) plus i think other teams know what blitzes mess with Carr when hes in and not when Sage is in because Sage hasnt had time to play.

Defense get blitz packages ready for a specific QB and O-line. Its not like they use the same blitzes for everyone...trust me if Sage does get an extended period of time playing and defenses start throwing specifically designed blitzes at him, he wont look special. There is a reason Sage isnt a starting QB and a life time back up. If he plays, we will find out why.
Carr's two fumbles came on a four man rush(this one returned for a touchdown with 8 seconds left in the game) & a 5 man rush(not exactly a blitz).... and you're right, sage, plummer, farve, and every body else throws short dinks & dunks in the WCO...... but on third & 17, they are more likely to throw it downfield....... When Salaam committed the second false start when Sage was in the game, it was like Sage was saying, "don't worry buddy, we'll pick up the first regardless...... I got yo back" it was 3rd & 6, should've been 3rd & 1... Sage didn't care, and threw an 18 yard pass to AJ. not a short pass for 18 yards, but an 18 yard pass to AJ.

When Salaam had a false start with David in the game, 1st & 15, he handed the ball to Lundy who picked up 5 yards(play calling, not David's fault) on the next play, he throws a short pass to Owen Daniels... as if to say..... "yall got yourselves into this, yall get yourselves out of it"
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read