Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What have you done for me lately?

Has anyone noticed how enormous the waves of support and cticism are on this board? Let me be the first to say I'm as guilty as the next guy, but you'd think every Sunday's performance was 5 years worth of data the way we judge our players/coach/etc.

After Jax, everyone was happy. For the first time in a long while I read a TON of Carr support threads, and a ton of stuff about how happy everyone was he was finally leading the team. I don't want to mentino names, but there were 3 people who have doubted Carr for the past few months that finally came around.

1/2 of a bad game and its out the window. Its amazing how quickly people have turned on Carr, AJ, etc.
Old 10-31-2006   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What have you done for me lately?

The bandwagon's suspension is gonna break from all the people jumping on and off each week, each quarter.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 74059 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Has anyone noticed how enormous the waves of support and cticism are on this board? Let me be the first to say I'm as guilty as the next guy, but you'd think every Sunday's performance was 5 years worth of data the way we judge our players/coach/etc.

After Jax, everyone was happy. For the first time in a long while I read a TON of Carr support threads, and a ton of stuff about how happy everyone was he was finally leading the team. I don't want to mentino names, but there were 3 people who have doubted Carr for the past few months that finally came around.

1/2 of a bad game and its out the window. Its amazing how quickly people have turned on Carr, AJ, etc.
The consistancy of DC and the team is going to show on this board as well. It's the nature of the beast.:brickwall
Old 10-31-2006   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

We live in a world where people remember only what happened over the past 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has passed, it's back to square one.

It's like watching a rally in tennis around here:

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Back and forth, back and forth.

Amazing.

Just pick a side and stay there, that's what I say.
Old 10-31-2006   #5
real

It's called human nature....

There were things to complain about after the wins....but why gripe instead of enjoying the win ?
Old 10-31-2006   #6
afcman
Veteran

It's the nature of a message board. A lot of quick thoughts get posted. I LOVED that we beat the Jags 'cause I can't stand them or their coach or their QB. And apparantly of lot of people in Jacksonville feel the same way because up until this season they were not selling very well. (I think they took out some seats)

But I'm glad they beat Philly 'cause I hate them more. Now if WE can just beat both teams I'll be with the football gods in heaven. :bananasplit:
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr is God.

Chad too.
Old 10-31-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
The bandwagon's suspension is gonna break from all the people jumping on and off each week, each quarter.
I'm not sure if it's people jumping off the bandwagon, or just changing seats while it's moving.
Old 10-31-2006   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 74059 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not sure if it's people jumping off the bandwagon, or just changing seats while it's moving.
LOL! Nicely put.
Old 10-31-2006   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
It's called . . knee jerk.

But like someone else said, a football message board in itself is knee-jerkish.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's called . . knee jerk.
naw...I disagree....

When things go well people have a tendancy not to complain...

When they go bad, you will hear about it...I don't think there's anything knee jerkish about it...
Old 10-31-2006   #12
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just us being on the board means that we care a lot about this team. The bandwagon fan changed the channel at least 3 yrs ago.

I said it in another thread and I'll repeat. We should be mad and the team should be mad. Everyone wants to see wins.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why most NFL team websites don't even have message boards.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

There were things to complain about after the wins....but why gripe instead of enjoying the win ?
I agree.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #15
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

We live in a world where people remember only what happened over the past 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has passed, it's back to square one.

It's like watching a rally in tennis around here:

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Carr did great!

Carr $#%@& sucks.

Back and forth, back and forth.

Amazing.

Just pick a side and stay there, that's what I say.
Carr really sucked it up this past week but he is GREAT!!!! and my 3rd fav QB behind MOON AND S. YOUNG. TEXANS4LIFE!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just curious, did Kubiak turn on Carr too since he benched him?, or did he react to a horrible performance by Carr, like many of us did ?
Old 10-31-2006   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's fair weather too ... good Lord no .
Old 10-31-2006   #18
dantem
Veteran

Quote:

I noticed this as well in the Media... the guys on 610am were raving about Carr after jacksonville but prior to that they spent 3-4 weeks saying he was a looser. Then after the Titans game they came out saying he should be replaced, and that he has no talent. what a difference a week makes.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #19
srstex
Veteran

According to Kubiak, Carr was told if he lost the ball again he would be pulled.This should be good for Carr to understand what is going to happen if falls on his face. He will be hit again, that is part of the game, but he will now understand that getting hit is no excuse to drop the ball, literally and figurtively. I am a Homer and love our QB, but I love winning more. He will be judged by accomplishments not effort just like the rest of us.
BUT, we still need a GOOD O line to even come close to being a good team.
Old 10-31-2006   #20
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex View Post
According to Kubiak, Carr was told if he lost the ball again he would be pulled.This should be good for Carr to understand what is going to happen if falls on his face. He will be hit again, that is part of the game, but he will now understand that getting hit is no excuse to drop the ball, literally and figurtively. I am a Homer and love our QB, but I love winning more. He will be judged by accomplishments not effort just like the rest of us.
BUT, we still need a GOOD O line to even come close to being a good team.
Amen.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read