Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2004   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Strenth in the hair?

has anyone seen Davie Franchise lately? Whoa, How about Johnny Damon, without the beard. If he has a season like Damon is having, maybe there is something to be said about strength being in the hair. Whatever it takes David Carr..........Whatever it takes!
Old 05-11-2004   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not so sure its a good sign if he didn't cut his hair off of some silly reason like not winning two in a row. I'm not sure what it says about his maturity.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #3
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Athletes can be pretty superstitious
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #4
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I'm sure a young man (Carr) with a wife and kid has a little more maturity than most athletes his age. Let's hope his game is maturing this offseason.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with his maturity. I do believe it has all to do with reminding himself that even if he wins the first game of the season, passes for three TDs in a game with no interceptions and over 400 yrds through the air, but hasn't won two in a row then it means nothing at all.

If it shows anything about his maturity it shows he is mature enough to know he has to win in this league if he ever wants to go anywhere.
El Tejano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy
Where did you get this BS. about Maturity.
From my little ol' brain thats where. Just stuff to throw out there (dumb or otherwise). I can talk about what I am thinking...and usually do. Thats one of the purposes message boards serve.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #7
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

anyone have a pic of DC recently?
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2004   #8
Section136#3
Rookie

hope your not talking about this one.
Section136#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have yet to see a picture of David Carr with long hair, you can't even tell with the one above me..

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #10
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Dont forget that Ricky Williams cut off the braids, I didnt recongnized him when I first saw the picture of him.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Dont forget that Ricky Williams cut off the braids, I didnt recongnized him when I first saw the picture of him.
It's not that, it's just that this picture is way too small!

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #12
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default On Southwest Sports Report

A happened to see the pic on the SouthWest Sports Report. They were showing highlights of the golf outting. I thought it was Damon for sure. Then I saw a bullet of a drive, then I knew it had to be Carr! (There was no touch on the shot!) Only kidding Davie Franchise!
Old 05-12-2004   #13
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

I FOUND IT!!!!!

This website has a pic of DC's new look:

link
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #14
The Bald Guy
Rookie

Hair is over rated.
The Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That's not David. He doesn't wear glasses. Ha Ha Ha!! That was too funny Vanderpool.
Old 05-12-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bald Guy
Hair is over rated.
LOL, I love my hair

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #17
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A happened to see the pic on the SouthWest Sports Report. They were showing highlights of the golf outting. I thought it was Damon for sure. Then I saw a bullet of a drive, then I knew it had to be Carr! (There was no touch on the shot!) Only kidding Davie Franchise!
I saw the same blurb, he was wearing a hat. His hair was long, but not Johnny Damon long!!
Old 05-12-2004   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Carr on the Sports a couple of nights ago and noticed the longer hair. I thought he looked rather nice, and certainly better than Bagwell did a few years ago when sporting the long goatee. BTW, an I mistaken or has Sharper cut his hair?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I was thinking. This is the same kind of thing that gets the whole team to come together. It reminds the whole team what needs to get done after winning a game. He should allow everyone from the team to get a turn at shaving his head.
Old 05-16-2004   #20
done88
Veteran

Lightbulb maturity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
I'm not so sure its a good sign if he didn't cut his hair off of some silly reason like not winning two in a row. I'm not sure what it says about his maturity.
I'm not sure either. However I am sure what it says about his commitment. I'm also sure there is something to superstition. It helps atheletes with confidence. When your are playing a game at the level of the NFL, everyone is talented. Therefore success is 35% physical talent and 65% mental toughness. If an athlete really believes in somethig that confidence may give him the chance to be successful.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read