Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Who will the Patriots beat in November?
Both the Bears and the Colts 16 38.10%
The Bears 5 11.90%
The Colts 13 30.95%
Neither 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006   #1
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Patriots.... Can they handle the Colts and Bears?

The Patriots have to face the two undefeated teams, the Bears and the Colts. Will the Brady Bunch be the ones to end the winning streaks of the NFLs two hottest teams?

I for one think they will beat both teams. IMHO, they will manhandle Peyton next week at Foxboro. The Colts have barely won many of their games this year and they are ready to get taken down by the Patriots who have just activated. I think they can deal with the Bears, as well.... but that game will be much harder for the bunch.

I foresee the Patriots finishing 14-2 and getting at least to the Championship game. Tom Brady had a career night and you can tell that his entire receiving crew is perfectly adapted to the offense. Ben Watson had an excellent game and the Patriots Defense looked as strong as ever, giving up only one TD on a return.

What do you think?

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 10-31-2006 at 09:17 AM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Patriots.... Can they handle the Colts and Bears?

I think the Patriots stand a chance...but will lose to both teams.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats will win easy over the Colts. The Pats are a better team and more balanced. Maroney and Dillon will run wild on the Colts. The Colts defense really isn't that great and the Colts also struggle against the 3-4. I think the Pats will beat them by two touchdowns and will be ready to play after the beat down Manning served them last year.

The Bears game is another story, but the Pats have the best chance of any team in the NFL, again, because the are so well balanced and have a great QB.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

tom brady will tear both defenses apart.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #5
real

I always root for Brady...I think he's one of those rare QB's that can succeed in any situation...
Old 10-31-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I always root for Brady...I think he's one of those rare QB's that can succeed in any situation...
Wow, you just said something I agree with, truroyalty! This is a strange day indeed!

Old 10-31-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
I'm so sick of Tom Brady! For that reason alone I voted for both the Bears and the Colts to win. Yeah, he had a good night last night, but I only watched the 1st quarter.
Really ? You don't think he's dreamy ?
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2006   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Really ? You don't think he's dreamy ?
He ain't no David Carr!
Old 10-31-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
He ain't no David Carr!
Ain't that the truth....
Old 10-31-2006   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Anyways.... The Patriots (specifically Brady) usually match up really well against Indy. Not to mention the fact that they just play better in general due to the fact the horseshoes are the enemy of all that is good and innocent on this planet.

P.S. - Manning has a rating of like 78 against the Patriots D
Old 10-31-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the patriots' defense isn't what it used to be, and it seems manning is dealing with pocket pressure a lot better this year. it'll be a shootout.

the pats are going to run it right at booger macfarland. they're going to throw the deep digs. they're going to put up 30 points.
Old 10-31-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the patriots' defense isn't what it used to be, and it seems manning is dealing with pocket pressure a lot better this year. it'll be a shootout.

the pats are going to run it right at booger macfarland. they're going to throw the deep digs. they're going to put up 30 points.
As far as the Pats Defense goes.... I think that it is definitely up to debate. They haven't allowed more than 17 points in a game thus far and they are constantly taking the ball away.

I would kill to have Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi, Junior Seau and Rosevelt Colvin at LB for the Texans. The Patriots have to have the most formidable linebacker squad in the AFC, in not the entire league.

Speaking of the Patriots running game..... Maroney is a STUD. The kid just doesn't go down!!! He takes hit after hit and he breaks tackles like they are nothing! I questioned the Patriots passing up DeAngelo Williams for Maroney, but it looks like Belichick was just playing his genius once again.

Manning will have trouble against this team. Belichick will try to break Peyton early, and it will work.
Old 10-31-2006   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I think they will beat the Bears but not the Colts

Think Peyton got that monkey off his back last year, plus I think the Bears offense can be held in check by the Pats defense.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #14
real

Quote:
True story. I was supposed to go to the SuperBowl in Nawlins that year, but ended up in College Station at a weekend symposium. Yeah, I thought he was cute and didn't mind the win. Until I heard some dirt from behind the scenes about him. Actually, I heard lots of dirt about him, and no I won't share. It really made me think he was far more icky than dreamy.

You're gonna tease us like that???
Old 10-31-2006   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
I'd end up compromising the person who witnessed the dirt and I don't want to do that. But, put it this way. If the guy ever busted a move on me, I'd decline in favor of a root canal.
We find that many of the people who are labeled as "heroes" in society are often quite slimy underneath. Word on the street is the George Washington had some pretty disturbing hobbies.... not to mention Thomas Jefferson. In the end we are all human and it is both the fault of the portrayed "hero" and of society that these activities live without consequence.

Anyways.... Tom Brady is still my hero!
Old 10-31-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Pats are the one constant in the NFL. For many, many years they have
remainedvery good, and the very best several times in recent years.
Tremendous tribute to the owner Kraft, HC Belicheck, and the whole organzation. In this day of FA and salary caps in the NFL, its amazing that
they can keep competing at these levels year after year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #17
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Man... I love the patriots just because they are a model football team and it is never about the big name.

But to the topic...

This week in Foxboro, Peyton gets handed his first win. The only person smarter in the nfl than peyton manning, is bill belichick. Peyton will win some and lose some, because both of these football gurus will be in a world of their own on sunday. Peyton will do enough to win the game... put up around 20-24 points, but Brady and that offensive squad will tear apart the colts d by putting up a good 1-2 punch with their running game, and brady nickel and dime'n it.

28-24... just because it is in foxboro, the only time the colts will beat the patriots will be at home. Now IF the Colts win this sunday..then I really think it will be Peytons year. This is a true test for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Now Patriots and the bears... wow that bear defense is scary, and that is what will beat the Patriots. I think the reason why the Patriots were so successful in hte playoffs those 3 years they won, is because they never faced a big dominating defense like that of the steelers last year, the bucs in 02, or a bears or ravens d. A good defense will stop the patriot offense, and then I think the Bears, even though belichick is such a defensive genius, there isn't much scheming to do to a team that just beats you down physically like the running of thomas jones and cedric benson and that big ole bear offensive line.

Bears over the Patriots 13-7.

Two great matchups...and I cannot wait to watch either of these!
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

I'm looking at the weather forecast and its due to be a COLD game up there at Foxboro! Gunna be between 31-40 degrees Sunday night! The Patriots will win, no contest.
Old 10-31-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

the only defense that can stop the patriots is denver and miami. they've figured them out. everyone else is hopeless.
Old 10-31-2006   #20
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Pats will be 10-1 after this month.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read