Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta should be ashamed of himself

As much as P-Burnt was called a coward for his now infamous nontackle play at the goal-line, Dunta too should be ridiculed for his Matador like defense on Vince Young's TD run in yesterday's loss. Sure, the Titans probably would have scored anyway, but his attempt to gently push Young out of bounds made me sick. He should have put his whole body into it and let Young know right then and there, if you come running up the field and don't slide feet first then you are going to get hit, HARD! Instead, he acted like he didn't want to hurt him or himself, or heavens forbid get fined by the league. I'd much rather have an entire defense with a House of Pain mentality than what I saw on that play. It doesn't mean that the defense plays dirty, but it does mean the other team will know they were in a fight when the game is over.
Old 10-30-2006   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta should be ashamed of himself

To me it didnt look like he didnt try. I personally thought VY was already passing him when Drob tried to tackle him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
As much as P-Burnt was called a coward for his now infamous nontackle play at the goal-line, Dunta too should be ridiculed for his Matador like defense on Vince Young's TD run in yesterday's loss. Sure, the Titans probably would have scored anyway, but his attempt to gently push Young out of bounds made me sick. He should have put his whole body into it and let Young know right then and there, if you come running up the field and don't slide feet first then you are going to get hit, HARD! Instead, he acted like he didn't want to hurt him or himself, or heavens forbid get fined by the league. I'd much rather have an entire defense with a House of Pain mentality than what I saw on that play. It doesn't mean that the defense plays dirty, but it does mean the other team will know they were in a fight when the game is over.
Also noted the play....pretty weak hit if you ask me...I've seen him lay some BIG A S S tightends out along with some full backs...there is no way you can tell me that vince is bigger and stronger than those other players we have all seen dunta lay out....I just cant believe that kind of non sense.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #4
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

I thought it took everything he had just to get there...to bad he couldn't set and get an angle like we all wished what would have happened...but your crazy to call him out for effort, that's weak!

VY is a freaking hoss for a QB, if it was Chadd Pennington that same hit would have tore his shoulder up . xD
Old 10-30-2006   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i saw that and was really dissappointed he didn't knock the crud out of VY, that would have made espn's monday big hit reel. Maybe he took a bad angle to get to VY? not quite sure..Vince is a lot faster than he looks and its frustrating to watch if you're the defense(fan). It looks like he just glides along.

I did like how Mario caught VY from behind.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't have the angle to more than touch him. That play was nothing like the PBust garbage last year.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

even if Dunta HAD whiffed on a tackle.. he has proved his ability a hundred times over.. and calling him out is just callous.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2006   #8
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

call it what you want...but that attempt was WEAK...I dont want to hear excuses about angles, possibilities of fines, dunta has not been the big hitter we have known him to be or seen his rookie year.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

There was no way he could get any force from his legs in the hit because he was sprinting full speed. On the big hits in the past, such as Reggie Wayne of Kyle Johnson, they are going toward each other, so its easy to generate force, but on this one he could only reach out his arms, and I;ve seen Vy play enough to know an arm tackle from a DB is not going to bring him down. Personaly I dont think he could do much more then he did.
Old 10-30-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with the Kubaik approach, in other words every player is held responsible for their play however good or bad it is. If it is fair to call out Carr for turning the ball over then it is fair to call out Dunta for not tackling.

If Carr's only mistake had been the one interception..no one would be calling him out right now.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #11
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

I actually thought the same thing when I watched the game, however when I watched the DVR again Dunta just missed his shot on Young. At the point of contact Young is at the 3 1/2 and Dunta is on the 4 yd. line so he just missed by half a step! He dipped his shoulder to make the shot and drive him out of bounds but Young had 1/2 step on him and and he just brushed off his back. Its always amazed me how with Youngs long stride he makes it look like he is moving slow and is an easy target but looks a deceiving! It still sucks that Dunta did not make the play but at least he did not pull up like Pbuc.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with the Kubaik approach, in other words every player is held responsible for their play however good or bad it is. If it is fair to call out Carr for turning the ball over then it is fair to call out Dunta for not tackling.
Dunta may be pound for pound our best hitter . You can critique his coverage but not his tackling .
Old 10-30-2006   #13
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Quote:
A missed tackle is a missed tackle. I don't care if we are talking about Dick Butkus, if a player misses a tackle he can be critiqued for it, and as far as I saw it Dunta missed the tackle.
I agree with this part of your post but you started the thread questioning Dunta's willingness to lay the wood to VY!

If your point is he missed the tackle either by buying on the pump fake early in the play before Young took off or that he had a bad break on the ball I can't argue with that. It's another one of those little things that break down on both sides of the ball for the Texans that cost us big time during the game. The only defense for Dunta I have is that he is not afraid to hit anybody, he just needs to put himself in a better position to make the play which he did not on Sunday.
Old 10-30-2006   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
He didn't have the angle to more than touch him. That play was nothing like the PBust garbage last year.
agreed.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

No angle. VY was already there.

CC Brown however is playing with his shadow.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #16
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

CC Brown however is playing with his shadow.
No thats funny!
Old 10-30-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

There was that one play Dunta had the TB behind the LOS, and he just danced with him until help arrived.....

Not exactly what we've come to expect from Dunta. Maybe he was scared that it was TravisWho??

But Dunta is like AJ. He makes enough plays(he had in that game, and the Jax game) that we excuse him for one or two non-plays.....
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #18
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince isn't exactly the easiest guy to bring down
Old 10-30-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the same thing right after the play. But D.Rob has earned the benefit of the doubt, and after replay, he just didn't have the angle.

Plus, y'all are completely forgetting about Vince Young's force field that surrounds him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Vince isn't exactly the easiest guy to bring down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I did like how Mario caught VY from behind.
Exactly. I expect it's a sign of things to come.
Old 10-30-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
There was that one play Dunta had the TB behind the LOS, and he just danced with him until help arrived.....

Not exactly what we've come to expect from Dunta. Maybe he was scared that it was TravisWho??

But Dunta is like AJ. He makes enough plays(he had in that game, and the Jax game) that we excuse him for one or two non-plays.....
We must be the only people who expect our 175 CB to take down Travis Henry one-on-one. I have no problem with him containing him, especially for a loss or no gain, until the big guys come to finish him off. You see Linebacker miss tackles all the time, nothing wrong with not letting your man go foward when pursuit is coming if your a little guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read