Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
LT-CE56
Rookie

Default Hello All - NYG Always in Peace

Just dropping by to wish for an injury free - well officiated game.

I am not going to sugar coat things...I think the Giants will win and win big.

However, I do see this game as being a trapper if the Giants have their eyes on the Bears. ifthat is the case, it could be long and humiliating day in our home.

Now I do not know much about the Texans at all. I usually pride myself on being well versed on the game. I would appreciate if some of you guys can speak about your team. Say who is who on offense and defense. ESPN does not give the Texans much play so I only go by what I see in the numbers.

Oh. Ron Dayne. He is bad. Real bad. Not trying to be a jerk with this, but we had to suffer through his exsistence for 25 years (or atleast it felt).

Gotta be Texas -------> LOL! Love them.
LT-CE56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Default Re: Hello All - NYG Always in Peace

we also wish for an injury free game and most believe we will get our arses handed to us also...especially up there in NY. Dont know what the weather will be like but 40mph gusts of wind cant be good for any qb. I wish I could give you a hint about our team but we dont even know which team will show up. We could have an outstanding performance by the D and a mistake free game with a smart game plan by the O but that rarely happens on the same occasion....we usually give you one or the other. So I guess we'll see. I can assure you we are not really looking forward to facing Tiki. Great back, great career, and you all in NY wont be the only ones to miss him after the season is over.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans in a nutshell:

Finished 2005 the worst team in the NFL. Poor coaching, poor player development, poor drafting, and horrible offseason acuqisitions and decisions crippled this team. We came into 2006 with a horrible cap, no talent, and an entirely new coaching regime.

The 2006 draft went spectacularly. Every player we picked in the draft looks like the will be a solid starter on this team. Our 3rd round OT Spencer was looking awesome, but broke his fibia early in the season.

We picked up some decent talent in the offseason, and cut most of the big salary players. We are eating a ton of dead money, and will contend with even more next year. At least in a few years we'll have a lot of cap space.

The new coach went with Carr at QB rather than drafting one of the big 3 this draft. He said he could make him work, and up until last game, Carr had an outstanding passer rating and was playing very well.

Last game, the team fell apart. The OL played its worst game, we had crazy penalties, we turned the ball over 5 times, and just looked like a mess. The coach responded by benching Carr about halfway through and letting Sage Rosenfels, the backup, take some snaps. He played an incredibly good game with what he had, and threw 3 TDs in less than a half of football. Was it garbage time? Maybe. Was it for real? Maybe. He wasn't sacke,d but maybe thats b/c the Titans were playing prevent.

Despite Sage's game, the coach said Carr will start againt the Giants. I guess Kubiak is thinking Sage's performance came against prevents and doesn't want to put him out there against the Giants. Carr is a much, much better athlete, but some people on the board will argue that Sage is a more poised, better QB. His main detraction is that he was a career backup in Miami, a team with horrible QB problems.

As for what to watch:
Offense -
1) When Carr is having a good game, he's incredibly accurate, throws a great deep ball, and makes plays with his feet.

2) Our running game finally got going and Lundy has had 2 100 yard games (pretty much) in the past 2 weeks. He's backed up by Gado and Dayne, (fat and fatter)

3) Owen Daniels is an emerging star at TE. He had 99 yards and 2 TDs last week.

4) Our WR corp is fantastic, with Johnson being one of the best WRs in the NFL (except for his horrible fumbling and drops) and Moulds the wise, all around good but old WR

On defense. Our defense stunk it up against the first few good teams, but has settled down in the past two weeks, almost shutting on Jacksonville and limiting Tennesee to under 200 yards.
1) Our front 4 is hit or miss. Either they bring pressure, or they don't come to the game.

2) Our LB corp is led by rookie Ryans, who may be DROY. He's the only bright spot

3) Our secondary is pretty awful. Dunta Robinson is hit or miss,and the rest are backups

Hope this helps
Old 10-30-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to say what the Texans are because they don't know themselves.

Young, inconsistent team learning new schemes on both sides of the ball. They have the ability to make big plays if they minimize mistakes. Check out the stats from the last two games.

Nothing that the Texans do these days would surprise me. Thanks for coming over here and being cool.
Old 10-30-2006   #5
LT-CE56
Rookie

I will tell you a little about the Giants and what you can expect.

Tiki is a tough guy to bring down indeed. He is a double threat in running and in the passing game. Don't be folled by his size. He is a tough guy. He actually carried a DB on his shoulders (think about squating with weights) 4 yards to get a first down. He is by far our biggest weapon.

The there is Jacobs. The 6' 5" - 260 lb tail back who enjoys running into people and eventually through them. 1 guy rarey take him down with any force.

In the passing game, when Eli throw well, look for him to play action dep to Plax. Burress has become a team guy since the bye week and has been putting in extra work with Eli to gain the QB-WR confidence. Then there Toomer, the constant pro. He is the possession guy. Shockey is what he is. He has great talent but seems o drop balls in big situations. Carter is the 3rd receiver and his biggest suprise this year is that he has not been injured. pierce (MB) watches video tape 3 1/2 a day after practice. He knows offense better then some of the QBs he is playing against. He also eats people (I sort of really like Pierce... a lot).

Our D is led by the front 7 - actually the 5 of them. The DTs were supposed to be the weakness but seem to be a huge strength. Robbins and Rookie Coefield have stuffed the run a lot. At end, it looks like Strahan and Rookie, Kiwanuka. Stray can stop the run and sack QBs. 'Nuka is young and got his first start aganst TB. He also got his first sack.

The DBs are questionable. Webster is a 2nd year guy who is supposed to be a ball hawk. Madison, if healthy, is on the other side and he likes press coverage and can make things happen. The safties are Demps (FS) and Wilson. My opinion has not been made on Demps yet but Wilson is a hitter. Look out for him on the occassional blitz's.

As far as game play. Tiki is option 1 and it all starts with him. If he is gaqin yards, the Giants open the field up and that is when the long balls are thrown. If he is stopped by the front 7, the game changes for the Giants and they are in trouble.

On Defense. Vick (Mr. Overrated) stated it correctly when he said our D is very Vanilla. There is not many overload blitzing. Nothing extravagent in the defense...especially if the tackles and ends are getting pressure. Lews (our Def. Coordinator) tends to ease up and us fans go nuts.

Well that is that. I look forward to spending some time with you guys this week. if you would like, come over to us at www.giants.com The mods tend to sleep on approvals, so if you are not getting approved, drop me a line here and I will PM to get you on. We don't appreciate junk-talk but always look for good discussions.

Last edited by LT-CE56; 10-30-2006 at 08:22 PM.
LT-CE56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #6
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT-CE56 View Post
I will tell you a little about the Giants and what you can expect.

Tiki is a tough guy to bring down indeed. He is a double threat in running and in the passing game. Don't be folled by his size. He is a tough guy. He actually carried a DB on his shoulders (think about squating with weights) 4 yards to get a first down. He is by far our biggest weapon.

The there is Jacobs. The 6' 5" - 260 lb tail back who enjoys running into people and eventually through them. 1 guy rarey take him down with any force.
Tiki, class act all the way. And Jacobs I respect his play. Here is too an injury free, well officiated (albeit tough to come by), clean game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read