Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default other players who should be benched

Both tackles. Weigert has been HORRIBLE this season, and Salaam had 3 or 4 false starts and horrible blocking.

Andre johnson, sure he leads the AFC is some stats, but its not about stats, and this guy CONSTANTLY drops 2-3 passes a game

Shante Orr has been non exsistent

one of the safeties. Keep one, drop one and play Simmons who has a little more speed.

Travis Johnson is he still on the team or working in a hair salon?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Re: other players who should be benched

Shante Orr has been non exsistent ?

wow couldnt believe he was added to your list
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

This might be a shorter thread if it was titled "Players Who Shouldn't be benched"...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Yeah I thought of adding Greenwood.

Ok michaelm, those guys are playing great (which is why Kubiak is pointing out the pathetic Tackle play).
Old 10-30-2006   #5
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

who should we bench...

OFFENSE:
weigert
salaam
cook (wish we still had norris out there, monster blocker and good ST player)

DEFENSE:
orr (in favor of wong or anderson)
cc brown
Old 10-30-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bench Andre Johnson??? This thread is wack!
Old 10-30-2006   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Both tackles. Weigert has been HORRIBLE this season, and Salaam had 3 or 4 false starts and horrible blocking.

Andre johnson, sure he leads the AFC is some stats, but its not about stats, and this guy CONSTANTLY drops 2-3 passes a game

one of the safeties. Keep one, drop one and play Simmons who has a little more speed.

Yes, let's replace all the players that aren't performing the way we like and replace them midseason with the Muppets. The Muppet Show was classic television.

Andre Johnson should be replaced by the Swedish Chef. I'm not sure how many more passes he would catch, but boy howdy, he sure does talk funny.

link

Costco has everything at it. Maybe we can pick up some linemen there. I would let the Texans borrow my membership card if they weren't already a member.
Old 10-30-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yes, let's replace all the players that aren't performing the way we like and replace them midseason with the Muppets. The Muppet Show was classic television.

Andre Johnson should be replaced by the Swedish Chef. I'm not sure how many more passes he would catch, but boy howdy, he sure does talk funny.

link

Costco has everything at it. Maybe we can pick up some linemen there. I would let the Texans borrow my membership card if they weren't already a member.

Okkkkkkkkkkkkay, I want my 4 seconds back after reading that post.
Old 10-30-2006   #9
jonco99
waterboy

I didn`t get to see much of the 1st half but the second half looked liked the Texans started a gut check and tried to actually win the game. As far as benching Andre...no way! He`s the best reciever they have. I am a little disappointed on Eric Moulds play though. I thought he and Andre were going to both have 1000 yard receiving yards each best case scenario this season. The season is still not over yet.
jonco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
cmpatel
Rookie

yea...lets bench our biggest offensive weapon andre johnson...that will help...riiiight......
cmpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Get over it, and pray that Carr doesn't fumble the ball again.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonco99 View Post
I didn`t get to see much of the 1st half but the second half looked liked the Texans started a gut check and tried to actually win the game. As far as benching Andre...no way! He`s the best reciever they have. I am a little disappointed on Eric Moulds play though. I thought he and Andre were going to both have 1000 yard receiving yards each best case scenario this season. The season is still not over yet.
WTF??

You're disappointed because David isn't throwing him the ball?? The mans been solid.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uhhh... name a receiver on our team that's better than Johnson.

Think before you speak.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

link

Swedish Chef, AJ, Muppets, Costco, Boy Howdy and lineman. Wasn't that our starting lineup versus the Cowboys?
Old 10-30-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Get over it, and pray that Carr doesn't fumble the ball again.
I might make that part of my daily prayers.

Having one returned for a TD just adds insult to injury.
Old 10-30-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I might make that part of my daily prayers.

Having one returned for a TD just adds insult to injury.
It is kinda funny tho in a sick waiting for something worse to happen way.

It made me think a bit like it was the football gods laughing at this thread: "Last Drive Before the Half"

I try not to think of all the different ways the Texans can botch things up. When I think that things can't get much worse than the Carr interception for a TD right before the half in last year's KC game, then we get something like last week. So I try never to assume I've seen the worse, because it is a jinx.

I believe in the football gods. I also believe in the golf gods. That is why you should never make fun of someone else's golf game whilst you play with them or you will start playing like crap. You are allowed to avert your eyes when they swing tho--you know, like if you were playing with Charles Barkley, you wouldn't want to imprint that swing in your head, so you should look away from his swing and stand far behind him.
Old 10-30-2006   #17
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

man...back in 89..i remember jerry rice dropped like 4 balls... they should have cut him... its bull crap that hes the greatest receiver of all time...i mean come in...its just stats.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I thought of adding Greenwood.

Ok michaelm, those guys are playing great (which is why Kubiak is pointing out the pathetic Tackle play).

Maybe you misunderstood...
my point was that maybe there are more players that should be benched than there are players that should not be benched... therefor a list of players who should not be benched would be the shorter of the two lists...

That's why I said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
This might be a shorter thread if it was titled "Players who Shouldn't be Benched".
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
How do you remember 1989? Your profile says you are 17. You would have been an infant.
busted! anyway, i like the way AJ responded after his drop that was picked. Three great catches for first downs and a TD. One thing with AJ is that he catches everything he can extend his hands on, which is why he is so great at the high balls. But when the ball gets into his body, like the one he gifted to Pac Man, he is inconsistant. Also, we missed a lot of big plays to AJ. We threw 3 deep ones his way, each time he had a step on the corner and each time the throw was off. Those are the kind of plays that define a loosing team. Until we start taking advantage of other mistakes, we will never be a good team.
Old 10-31-2006   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281 View Post
Uhhh... name a receiver on our team that's better than Johnson.

Think before you speak.
Eric Moulds

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read