Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Which RB do you like the most for your team?
Adrian Peterson Oklahoma 16 51.61%
Marshawn Lynch California 6 19.35%
Kenny Irons Auburn 2 6.45%
Michael Bush Louisville 7 22.58%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up RB Pick'em

I am curious what other people think about this years crop of RB's.

If you have time, pick one, and post something about them, as to why you think they would be the best choice.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RB Pick'em

I went with Lynch. I think he finds the holes better than AP and that his hips are on a swivel. Lynch has HR ability and top speed. He also carries no injury concerns.
Old 10-30-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I went with Lynch. I think he finds the holes better than AP and that his hips are on a swivel. Lynch has HR ability and top speed. He also carries no injury concerns.
I went with Peterson, there isnt a pure runner like him who can break tackles or juke. He has vision, can pound the ball, and is the best RB in some time. He's a freakish RB with amazing athletic ability.
Old 10-30-2006   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted AP(6-2, 215), because his size reminds me of a Larry Johnson(6-1 Weight: 230) type back. I also like Lynch(5'11" 217), but would rather try my luch on AP.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lynch is great and a much better fit for this offense to boot.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #6
real

I haven't seen Lynch play...

So I went with Kenny Irons...I like how he runs...
Old 10-30-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

AP just gets it done. He will be a star in the NFL.
Old 10-30-2006   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked AP. Big, strong and fast.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #9
HeartofHouston
Veteran

I picked Lynch.. better top speed, lower center of gravity, very compact running back.
Old 10-30-2006   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Peterson just because I have seen him play more than the others. I would love if Bush fell to us in the 2nd round. I'd rather that and either pick up OL or S in the 1st. What do y'all think is the chance of that happening?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #11
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

I went w/ Bush b/c I think we can grab him in the 2nd. As much as I would love to have AP, I just don't see Kubiak going for the big name RB w/ a 1st round pick. Use the first on FS, CB, or OL.
Old 10-30-2006   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is an article on sports illustrated.com about Lynch. I don't want to offend anyone or step on any toes but he doesn't sound too much like a McNair Guy to me. Take that as you want... Just FYI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nch/index.html
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Peterson is great but I'm a little down on him now that I saw what the numbers his back-up has put up with the same O-Line.

I chose Bush. He is a bull.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
FanFromCali
Rookie

Peterson runs a little high and may be injury prone. Lynch may turn out to be a better pro but either would be a great fit.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Here is an article on sports illustrated.com about Lynch. I don't want to offend anyone or step on any toes but he doesn't sound too much like a McNair Guy to me. Take that as you want... Just FYI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nch/index.html
Sounds fine to me. A little eccentric? Yes, but some times you need a guy like that to lighten up the locker room.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Even though I don't think we will draft any of the ones listed. I went with Lynch, he seems best suited for this team. Plus I like how he doesn't crave the limelight, just goes out and does his job.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #17
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromCali View Post
Peterson runs a little high and may be injury prone. Lynch may turn out to be a better pro but either would be a great fit.
AP's already taken a hell of a pounding in college and will in the pros because of running upright and over people as often as around them. If you could guarantee me he'd stay healthy for three years, I'd take him in a heartbeat over anyone else though. In any case, considering the other needs the Texans have, I'd be looking for a RB in the 3rd or 4th rounds if Wali can keep up his form for the rest of the season.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read