Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who's calling the Kubiak radio show?

Ok folks, here's our chance to ask the man some serious questions that we as fans would like answered. Who is going to call and ask the tough ones? I'll try to call and see if my question will be put on the air.
I plan on saying, "Coach Kubiak, sorry for the tough loss yesterday in Tennessee. I know that there was a lot of blame to be shared in the loss, but you have to agree that a majority of the blame could be placed on David's shoulders. How confident do you feel that he will respond positivly to the benching and perform better next week, and if he doesn't perform well, at what time do you make the call to play Sage as the starter full time. Thanks for taking my call and I'll hang up and listen."
Old 10-30-2006   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's calling the Kubiak radio show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Ok folks, here's our chance to ask the man some serious questions that we as fans would like answered. Who is going to call and ask the tough ones? I'll try to call and see if my question will be put on the air.
I plan on saying, "Coach Kubiak, sorry for the tough loss yesterday in Tennessee. I know that there was a lot of blame to be shared in the loss, but you have to agree that a majority of the blame could be placed on David's shoulders. How confident do you feel that he will respond positivly to the benching and perform better next week, and if he doesn't perform well, at what time do you make the call to play Sage as the starter full time. Thanks for taking my call and I'll hang up and listen."

Good question, but I would really put him on the hot seat.

Here is my question,

"Coach, did you really believe in Carr as the starting QB for the Texans before you took the job? Or, did you take this job knowing that you had to inherit Carr if you wanted the job because of McNair's insistence and Dan Reeves consulting conclusion that Carr was not the problem, either directly or indirectly?"
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post

Here is my question,

"Coach, did you really believe in Carr as the starting QB for the Texans before you took the job? Or, did you take this job knowing that you had to inherit Carr if you wanted the job because of McNair's insistence and Dan Reeves consulting conclusion that Carr was not the problem, either directly or indirectly?"

Yeah, but if you ask that question it will never make it past the screeners.....:brickwall
Old 10-30-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather hear about his take on the offensive line. What did we do different from a run perspective? How did he think Winston did in his time on the field?

Can we expect to see Anderson fielding kicks moving forward?
Old 10-30-2006   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I would rather hear about his take on the offensive line. What did we do different from a run perspective? How did he think Winston did in his time on the field?

Can we expect to see Anderson fielding kicks moving forward?

Good questions as well and I'm interested to know about what he thought of Winston during his play time. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Dayne took out our other left tackle? The play he came in on was the play that put Salaam out for a few series. He ran him down just like he did Spencer. He's a liability!
Old 10-30-2006   #6
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Good questions as well and I'm interested to know about what he thought of Winston during his play time. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Dayne took out our other left tackle? The play he came in on was the play that put Salaam out for a few series. He ran him down just like he did Spencer. He's a liability!
Yes, i saw that when it happened and that was my comment. After taking a large drink of beer, i said this is the same guy who ran over Spencer and put him out. Look for a hole, just don't plow into the back of your lineman.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #7
Rightnow
Veteran

How about someone just begs Kubiak not to start Carr. Perhaps a female fan could weep uncontrollably on the phone. Between the sobs and the snot sounds she could ask with a quivering voice if Sage could please start. How could he turn down that?
Old 10-30-2006   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow View Post
How about someone just begs Kubiak not to start Carr. Perhaps a female fan could weep uncontrollably on the phone. Between the sobs and the snot sounds she could ask with a quivering voice if Sage could please start. How could he turn down that?
I'll try to get my wife to do it....but she's not a cryer or a good actor. Maybe I could take my football frustrations out on her and she could just plead for her life to him. Basically a personal safety issue, maybe he'll feel guilty and give in. J/K
Old 10-30-2006   #9
L33Z71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post

Here is my question,

Thats the exact question I've been wanting to ask all along
L33Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
Yes, i saw that when it happened and that was my comment. After taking a large drink of beer, i said this is the same guy who ran over Spencer and put him out. Look for a hole, just don't plow into the back of your lineman.
Oh yeah I turned to my buddy and said this guy just took out both of our left tackles in exactly the same way. They plant a block and he runs up their planted leg. And he's a load.
Old 10-30-2006   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

How about "Coach, don't you think you should have yanked Wiegert right along with Carr, after giving up four sacks? Or did you think that had no part in causing the fumbles, like most of the fans out there?"
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

No joke. Weigert was going for piggy back rides to the QB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
Me predicts Dayne and Gado are outta here next year...
Old 10-30-2006   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Me predicts Dayne and Gado are outta here next year...

And yet Morrency had over 100 yards rushing yesterday with the Packers. We tend to get screwed out of decent players with some bonehead decisions from the higher-ups. (Not ragging on Lundy....I thought he did great and was really happy for him, he deserves the shot and is making the most of it)
Old 10-30-2006   #15
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

what time is kubiak on?
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #16
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Maybe somebody could ask what he thought of Carr's pocket awareness when compared to Sage's. Carr seemed unable to sense where the pressure was coming from and didn't seem able to avoid it. Sage on the other hand stepped away from the pressure on many occasions. What are his thoughts on this subject and is there any way to make Carr more aware of where the pressure is comming from and react to it while keeping his eyes downfield.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #17
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis View Post
what time is kubiak on?
610 AM 5:00 pm
Old 10-30-2006   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I have two questions.

That interception where AJ was "quadruple covered"? I first thought that David missed seeing someone else wide open, either going down the sideline, or out in the flat. BUT, I find out that AJ was the ONLY one going downfield, everyone else is kept back to block on the play action.

Question: Why design a play, where if the defense doesn't bite on the play-action and the receiver is covered like a blanket, the only option is to eat the ball for a sack?

Next question: What's with the 'throw underneath dink and dunk' stuff when Carr is in there, but then go more 'verticle' when Sage is in there?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #19
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would assume Sage went more vertical because we needed to score. We were losing quite badly, and after his quick interception we lost time that was needed to make a come back.

One thing I did notice when going over the stats was that we never really connected on anything long. Daniels had one long one for 25 which was on zone coverage on a roll out to the left by Sage, and Moulds had a 28 yarder on the sideline, but that's it. Sage only averaged 10 yd/completion, with Carr averaging 8 yd/completion; not a huge difference. Most likely, Kubiak's answer will be trying to score quickly b/c we behind and running out on time.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #20
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I have two questions.

That interception where AJ was "quadruple covered"? I first thought that David missed seeing someone else wide open, either going down the sideline, or out in the flat. BUT, I find out that AJ was the ONLY one going downfield, everyone else is kept back to block on the play action.

Question: Why design a play, where if the defense doesn't bite on the play-action and the receiver is covered like a blanket, the only option is to eat the ball for a sack?

Next question: What's with the 'throw underneath dink and dunk' stuff when Carr is in there, but then go more 'verticle' when Sage is in there?
I've wondered that myself and there is only two answers I can think of.

1. The verticle game was a product of playing from behind.

2. Kubiak isn't confident in Carr throwing downfield.

I would be curious to hear Kubiak's answer to that.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read