Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
HeartofHouston
Veteran

Default Texans vs Titans (My Breakdown)

Here's My breakdown..

QB
I've been a Carr supporters since he was drafted to this organization. Through his ups and downs I've been one of the ones saying Carr is our guy. However that game that he had last night was stomach turning. I could not believe some of the decisions that he made. First of all, you know that you have 3 seconds to get rid of the ball on a normal team.. with our poreous o-line your looking at more like 2 seconds and if something is not happening in that short period of time then you need to make something happen. It was a number of time where he looked like a deer in the headlights and that's not something that can be supported in any situation on the gridiron.

Also I seen him throw into triple coverage.. How much sense does that make in all honesty?! I don't care if you have Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison as your recievers.. You do NOT throw into triple coverage. Carr knows better than that I'm pretty sure over 75% of the people on this board as never played QB and knows that. The fumbles is not something that I can burn Carr for cause I've played the QB position and when you are hit from behind or from a certain angle un-expectedly then fumbles is something that just happens. BUt I would like to see him protect the ball better and feel the pressure around him. Judging from my personal experience you can feel the pressure around you and you can even HEAR the pressure around you. When a 270 pound end is battling your 300 lineman you can hear it when it gets close enough to you.

Now some people are going to say Rosenfels is a backup and he should stay that way but come on now you can't deny the fact that Rosenfels was in the same position that Carr was in and came in and threw 3Tds and for 190 yards in 1 half. I noticed that somebody said that the Titans started playing soft on Sage but i disagree. I saw at the very least 4 blitzes on him, that's only 4 that I was paying attention to I'm sure that there was more i was just focusing on different things at that particular moment.

I like Sage's poise in the pocket and even my girlfriend notices it and she is no where near into the sport as I am and probably not as many of us. But even she can tell the difference when Sage is in and when Carr is in the game. The poise and the way the team just steps their game up when he's in and the way the team gravitates to him when he's under center. I honestly believe that Sage deserves a shot at starting for this team, he comes out and plays his heart out for this team. Kubiak knows that, that's why he brought him here to Houston.

Forget all the stuff that you've heard about Rosenfel's past and what you think you know about it. We all know that Kubiak is a QB by heart and he knows what to do with QB. Look at what he's done for Griese and Plummer. They were nothing before Kubiak came into the picture he turned them both into pro-bowl QBs. Rosenfels has the potential and he now has the coach to bring all the hidden potential out of him. I mean the way that we are playing are you telling that it would kill us to give him 1 start to see how things turn out??

RB
Wali Lundy had 2 back to back terrific games. He had to sit for a little bit and watch things play out on the field so things could slow down for him, now he's back and he looks like that RB that we all we all had confidence in when we found out that Davis would be out for the season. Decent Speed, strong runner who strugs off a lot of arm tackles.. one cut and he's north and south. You couldn't ask for anything more out of a running back in Kubiak's system. Cook is playing well also providing good blocking for Lundy and catching VERy well out of the backfield. I'm grateful that we have this guy.

WR
Johnson played well, caught some badily placed passes, he did miss that one pass but he admits that he allowed it to get into his body and it bounced right into Pacman's hands. Moulds wasn't as active this game but i'm pretty sure that he's presence was enough to help Johnson on a lot of those plays.

TE
Owen Daniels was spectatular yesterday. scored and I even seen him blaze pass a couple of LBs and picked up some good yards on a short pass. Great pick up in the draft. Bruener blocked well and contributed to Lundy's 100+ yard day. I love his playing speed and determination to play well in this system glad to have this guy.

OL
I seen alot of pressure in Carr's face, and about 2 or 3 sacks were nulified for various reasons. Too many injuries up front but I believe that when Spencer gets back healthy and we work Winston into the equation that we'll be better up front but as of yesterday I was very disappointed in the O-Lines pass blocking.

DL
I saw some pressure on Young.. not a lot but he wasn't alowed to sit back and fire away which is a good thing. Mario performed well running down a back from behind.. and jumping in the way of what looked to be a screen play and then runs down Young for a sack. We put clamps on Henry. Alot of people were expecting a big game from him but neither one of Tennessee's RBs could muster up a 100 yard game which is a positive.

LB
The LBs played decent the front 7 didn't give up a ton of yards in the running game.. could have been better but I do commend them on a game well played. Demeco has been an absolute jewel. he gets to the ball and tries to take your head off. And even over the crowd noise you could hear the impact when he gets to the ball carrier i love this kid. Glad that we have him. Wong had a bad angle on a LenDale White run but heck he hasn't played alot and you have to get back use to the speed and watch out for your injury so I'm not gonna burn him on that but i will expect more from him when he becomes full time again.

DBs
I don't have too much to say about the DBs cause they made some horrible mistakes but they didn't let teh game get too out of hand. Faggins got "Moss'd" by Drew Bennett. And somebody allowed Wade to get pass them in a blown assignment. However i feel like they played decent.

Special Teams
special teams was a dissapointment yesterday. catching punts in the 5 yard line, fumbles not reading the proper lanes to run through. We're all missing Mathis right now. Hurry back you son of a gun we need you bad!

Coaching
We had some good play calling on both sides of the ball.. just the turnovers that killed us. When you commit 5 or more turnover it's hard to keep yourself in the game but even through all that. We made it a close game. minus the turnovers and we dominate this game. Good blitzes stopped Henry behind the LOS, made Young throw the pass when pre-maturely and made him a little uneasy in the pocket. If Kubiak pulls Carr out second half and says that it's gonna help him then i trust his decision.
Old 10-30-2006   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Titans (My Breakdown)

Good review Heart and pretty much spot on IMO. A couple of things on Carr:

1. If he stinks it up in NY (doesn't mean he has to win, but plays well) and looks bad, I think he is on the bench for several games while the staff sorts out how much is Carr and how much is attributble to the rest of the team.

2. I hope someone has the film and can check something out. It was reported that on the triple coverage ding-bat play, that AJ was the only reciever in the pattern. If true, that play then is at least partially on the staff. A pass play with one WR is just stupid if that is true. IIRC, the pocket was colapsing and Carr had no where to go and just chucked it up towards AJ. Might have been a time he should have taken the sack or aimed it out of bounds.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post

2. I hope someone has the film and can check something out. It was reported that on the triple coverage ding-bat play, that AJ was the only reciever in the pattern. If true, that play then is at least partially on the staff. A pass play with one WR is just stupid if that is true. IIRC, the pocket was colapsing and Carr had no where to go and just chucked it up towards AJ. Might have been a time he should have taken the sack or aimed it out of bounds.
You can't see the other wr's or backs or TE's on TV...I think that is just fabricated...I got the tape and will watch it today....but I think that was just some Carr-fan spin.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #4
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I think Carr's punishment should have been more severe then just leave him out for one half...Sage earned his chance to play a whole game and see how he does...Kubiak should have told Carr he would be held out in the Giants game as well....I think we seen Sage handled himself very well, no sacks, ran well with the ball when he had too, scrambled out of the pocket very well, and passing was very good...He deserves a full game...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I broke down after the Texans vs. Titans game too.
Old 10-30-2006   #6
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Good review Heart and pretty much spot on IMO. A couple of things on Carr:

1. If he stinks it up in NY (doesn't mean he has to win, but plays well) and looks bad, I think he is on the bench for several games while the staff sorts out how much is Carr and how much is attributble to the rest of the team.

Every single time, every time the new regime said there was a clean slate about a guy, the guy has ended up fulfilling our (bad) expectations. Not one guy has evaluated differently under Kubiak than Capers. The part about evaluating to see whose fault it is MAKES ME SICK. How long you going to blame the butt for the headache? Oh wait I got it! The opposing teams back off when we take out Carr and make the backup look like a stud so we will be fooled and bench obvious future HOF'er Carr.
Old 10-30-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're about to play the Giants in NY and probably get killed. Maybe Kubiak is waiting to let everyone see Carr fall apart there so he won't look stupid when Sage doesn't look real good there either, but maybe better than Carr. He may know that it would be better to replace Carr during that game than before it, because I'm telling you that game is going to be ugly.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally saw very minimal pressure on Vince, and if there was any he was too busy running it in from 20 yards out.
Old 10-30-2006   #9
CyberTexan
Veteran

Or under throwing his recievers
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
Sage earned his chance to play a whole game and see how he does...I think we seen Sage handled himself very well, no sacks, ran well with the ball when he had too, scrambled out of the pocket very well, and passing was very good...He deserves a full game...
I agree with this. Sage commanded the plays with poise and control. Even when the pocket collapsed, and the pressure was on, he side stepped and stepped up to deliver the pass. I even subconsciencly gimmaced at the probable sack, and when Sage stepped out of the way and delivered the goods, I tought this ain't Carr out there for sure. His composure yesterday, reminded me of his composure in the pre-season. Perhaps Carr doesn't have the vision of the field. It would appear that Sage does.

Of course all of this is conjecture on my part, but Sage and the rest of the team deserves a chance at seeing if Sage's efforts can be duplicated again.

IMO...
Old 10-30-2006   #11
MrMeToo
All Pro

Good review.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
HeartofHouston
Veteran

as i stated not a LOT of pressure but SOME.. he wasn't allowed to sit back burn us through the air like Mcnabb was.
Old 10-30-2006   #13
CyberTexan
Veteran

Young was 7 of 15 for 87 yards Thats terrible , I dont see him getting allot better , I just dont think he will ever make us sorry we didnt pick him
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan View Post
Young was 7 of 15 for 87 yards Thats terrible , I dont see him getting allot better , I just dont think he will ever make us sorry we didnt pick him
According to Bayless we've already made the biggest mistake in draft hirtory when we didnt pick him...ESPN makes me sick, or at least very pissed.
Old 10-31-2006   #15
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I just think it was amazing how our line Looked Alot Better with Sage at the helm and i dont get it why would that be? if its the same personel well winston did get a couple of plays in but other than that not much more of a major change.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read