Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran
 
yourfavoritetexan42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 412
Rep Power: 9 yourfavoritetexan42 is a fan favorite
Default Predictions on the second half of 2006

Alright... 8 weeks have passed...we have seen our texans face off with some premiere nfl teams, and some poor football teams as well.

How do you think the rest of 2006 will play out?

My :


Week 9 at NYG:
Loss 35-10

This will be the lowpoint of our season... going into the meadowlands and facing a great qb with good receivers and a great TE... going to kill our secondary. They also have the best rusher in the nfl... offense will roll all over our defense. This is a huge test for mario and demeco... and a great learning experience for both of them. If they show up big in this one... they could get us an upset. I think we are capable of beating any team... but with the circumstances like they are... I think not.

On our offensive side of the ball... face it...we are screwed. Strahan is going to rip us apart, the good part is they have quite a bit of injuries... so those injuries could be too much for our D and our offense could expose it.... but like i said... I think not.

Record After Week 9: 2-6.

Week 10 at Jacksonville
Loss 17-10.

If this was in houston, I would say flip flop that score and give us the win... But I think their rushing offense at home will grind our defense down...and that the jags defense is going to step up big against us, and I don't think lundy will get a 100 yards in this one. Could go down like the last matchup...but I think the fact that it is in jacksonville gives the jags the edge.

Record after Week 10: 2-7

Week 11 vs Buffalo
Win 28-10

Much needed win, a reassurance to all our fans that we are still improving. Offense will roll and defense will do its part on our way to a great victory for the home crowd.

Record after Week 11: 3-7

Week 12 at NYJ
Win 24-21

Good close win. Their defensive line isn't anything to be scared about and they lack in the defensive backfield... bad matchup for our O vs their D. Pennington is immobile and that offensive line is very young. I could see some good pass rushing on Chad and us forcing some bad throws. A good consistent running attack will give us a close win.

Record after Week 12: 4-7

Week 13 at Oakland
Win 17-3

Our best defensive performence against a struggling offense. Oakland by now will have thrown the towel... Jerry Porter and Moss will be not even dressed out or just not giving full effort. Their defense is old and unorganized, and our Offense takes advantage of the young safeties and we get 2 road wins in a row!

Record after Week 13: 5-7

Week 14 vs Titans
Win 24-10

Our defense will put out the same performance we saw yesterday. Offense will play good football and roll onto another victory at home. 3 Wins in a row and we look like a promising team for next season.

Record after Week 14: 6-7

Week 15 at New England
Loss 27-20

We played them well last time we played them, (first OT in our history), but... we played a great game and they were on a bad week. Don't see them overlooking us for they will be getting ready for playoffs. We still play them well but we just don't have enough to beat an elite team like New England.

Record after Week 15: 6-8.

Week 16 vs Colts
Win 35-28

Freeney is having a down year, their dbs arent amazing, they always start out slow, we start out fast. We get up... and our pass rush gets to manning and we are just too much for them. They will either overlook us... or not care for they already have a playoff spot, but we are ecstatic because we finally beat the colts.

Record after Week 16: 7-8.

Week 17 at Browns
Win 21-6

Browns rushing game isn't bad... they don't have a great passing game. Our defense shuts them down and our offense does enough to get the victory and we close our our season at .500 and everyone is on here talking about how excited they are about next year and next years playoff berth we will have.

Record after Week 17: 8-8




So basically this is what I came up with. We finish the season 8-8, we hit a low at 2-7, we close out going 6-1 and everyone talks about how we will be a team to challenge the colts in the afc south.


Your thoughts?
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
ThaShark316
#28
 
ThaShark316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rosharon, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 2,387
Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Honestly, I'd have to agree, or maybe take a win or two off, but nothing less imo...hopefully we go 8-8 this year...but i'll do my predictions now...


week 9 - @ NYG, L 14-31

Tough one right here. The opposite of the Titan game would have to be played here on offense...perfect. Defense would be in for a huge test.

week 10 - @ JAX, L 17-27

Talk about a team that's still P.O'ed about the 27-7 beating they received by the Texans...they'd be on a mission and beat us, redeeming themselves from the week 7 loss @ HOU.

week 11 - BUF, W 27-13

Game 1 of the 4 game win streak (imo, of course). Texans D make it hard on Losman in week 11, Carr and the offense have some issues, but snap out of it in the 2nd half.

week 12 - @ NYJ, W 14-10

Texans finally end the road woes here. Williams vs. Ferguson will be extremely fun to watch this day. We stuff the run and the D continues to look good.

week 13 - @ OAK, W 13-3

Oakland's weak offense vs. a Texan D that's getting better and better. Texans offense doesn't do much, but the D shuts down the Raiders, giving Houston their longest streak in franchise history.

week 14 - TEN, W 28-14

Texans Defense shows they can be consistant as they payback the Titans and VY after the week 8 loss. Texans offense doesn't make the same mistakes they made in the game @ TEN and the D shuts down the Titan run game.

week 15 - @ NE, L 17-34

Patriots are getting ready for the postseason and don't take the Texans lightly as they are trying for home field advantage and a 1st round bye in the 2006 playoffs.

week 16 - IND, L 38-21

Texans give Indy a great 1st half run, but the Colts make 2nd half adjustments and pull away late. Wali Lundy has a huge day, but it isn't enough.

week 17 - CLE, W 24-10

Texans played Cleveland in '04 on the last day of the reg. season and lost at home. Won't be the case this time as the Texans shut the Browns down most of the afternoon.

7-9 I say

Give or take a win or two due to the fact that this is the NFL.
__________________
I guess this is where I say.....
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out yonder way...
Age: 42
Posts: 2,386
Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

[Clubber Lang] Prediction? Pain. [/Clubber Lang]
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 467
Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I think we pull off that 4 game winning streak as well. I have had us at 6 wins since the preseason but if we do pull off the 4 game winning streak I can't see us losing the finale to the Browns and we might match our best record in franchise history.

Maybe we lose to the Jets and end up at 6 wins, maybe we get 7 wins. Only time will tell.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 17,995
Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I won't give actual scores.

week 9 - @ NYG, Loss. The Giants are just too good at this point.

week 10 - @ JAX, Loss. We surprised the Jags in the first game but they're not going to allow that to happen again. BUT. With the resurgence of our running game and development of our defense, we could steal this game, too.

week 11 - BUF, Win.

week 12 - @ NYJ, Loss. Just because we won't be able to put together back to back good games, yet. This is a winnable game for us.

week 13 - @ OAK, Win. I think this one could be a surprisingly hard game for us.

week 14 - TEN, Win. OK. NOW we can put together back to back wins.

week 15 - @ NE, Loss.

week 16 - IND, Loss. We're just not in the same league.

week 17 - CLE, Win. But it's going to be hard.

6-10. 1 game better than I originally predicted. There are some other winnable games in that list and there's always the possibility that we surprise someone. Indy could also be starting 3rd stringers by week 16 and that could turn into a winnable game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #6
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 44
Posts: 3,021
Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I just don't see how this team is better than 5 wins.

Let's face it, one way or another, this team finds ways to lose!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #7
Meloy
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,834
Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I prob would have given your prediction some points BEFORE noon last Sunday. Now? who knows. This should have been a win.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame
 
Titan "Tack" Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ca$hville
Posts: 1,514
Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Alright... 8 weeks have passed...we have seen our texans face off with some premiere nfl teams, and some poor football teams as well.

How do you think the rest of 2006 will play out?

My :


Week 9 at NYG:
Loss 35-10

This will be the lowpoint of our season... going into the meadowlands and facing a great qb with good receivers and a great TE... going to kill our secondary. They also have the best rusher in the nfl... offense will roll all over our defense. This is a huge test for mario and demeco... and a great learning experience for both of them. If they show up big in this one... they could get us an upset. I think we are capable of beating any team... but with the circumstances like they are... I think not.

On our offensive side of the ball... face it...we are screwed. Strahan is going to rip us apart, the good part is they have quite a bit of injuries... so those injuries could be too much for our D and our offense could expose it.... but like i said... I think not.

Record After Week 9: 2-6.

Week 10 at Jacksonville
Loss 17-10.

If this was in houston, I would say flip flop that score and give us the win... But I think their rushing offense at home will grind our defense down...and that the jags defense is going to step up big against us, and I don't think lundy will get a 100 yards in this one. Could go down like the last matchup...but I think the fact that it is in jacksonville gives the jags the edge.

Record after Week 10: 2-7

Week 11 vs Buffalo
Win 28-10

Much needed win, a reassurance to all our fans that we are still improving. Offense will roll and defense will do its part on our way to a great victory for the home crowd.

Record after Week 11: 3-7

Week 12 at NYJ
Win 24-21

Good close win. Their defensive line isn't anything to be scared about and they lack in the defensive backfield... bad matchup for our O vs their D. Pennington is immobile and that offensive line is very young. I could see some good pass rushing on Chad and us forcing some bad throws. A good consistent running attack will give us a close win.

Record after Week 12: 4-7

Week 13 at Oakland
Win 17-3

Our best defensive performence against a struggling offense. Oakland by now will have thrown the towel... Jerry Porter and Moss will be not even dressed out or just not giving full effort. Their defense is old and unorganized, and our Offense takes advantage of the young safeties and we get 2 road wins in a row!

Record after Week 13: 5-7

Week 14 vs Titans
Win 24-10

Our defense will put out the same performance we saw yesterday. Offense will play good football and roll onto another victory at home. 3 Wins in a row and we look like a promising team for next season.

Record after Week 14: 6-7

Week 15 at New England
Loss 27-20

We played them well last time we played them, (first OT in our history), but... we played a great game and they were on a bad week. Don't see them overlooking us for they will be getting ready for playoffs. We still play them well but we just don't have enough to beat an elite team like New England.

Record after Week 15: 6-8.

Week 16 vs Colts
Win 35-28

Freeney is having a down year, their dbs arent amazing, they always start out slow, we start out fast. We get up... and our pass rush gets to manning and we are just too much for them. They will either overlook us... or not care for they already have a playoff spot, but we are ecstatic because we finally beat the colts.

Record after Week 16: 7-8.

Week 17 at Browns
Win 21-6

Browns rushing game isn't bad... they don't have a great passing game. Our defense shuts them down and our offense does enough to get the victory and we close our our season at .500 and everyone is on here talking about how excited they are about next year and next years playoff berth we will have.

Record after Week 17: 8-8




So basically this is what I came up with. We finish the season 8-8, we hit a low at 2-7, we close out going 6-1 and everyone talks about how we will be a team to challenge the colts in the afc south.


Your thoughts?
Not realistic at all. You won't beat the Colts and you won't beat the Titans by 14. Must I remind you that you got manhandled by the Colts and convincingly beat by the Titans? Are you just choosing to forget those games?
__________________
ADVENTURE, EXCITEMENT, A JEDI CRAVES NOT THESE THINGS
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 41
Posts: 6,014
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Not realistic at all. You won't beat the Colts and you won't beat the Titans by 14. Must I remind you that you got manhandled by the Colts and convincingly beat by the Titans? Are you just choosing to forget those games?
The Tacks didn't beat us so much as we beat ourselves. The stat line proves it. We gave that game away.
__________________
Quote:
@McClain_on_NFL
John McClain
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame
 
TexanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 17,071
Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I think we win one of the next 2 games. I don't think we'll beat the Giants, but I think we'll make it close. After the way we played against the Titans, I think we'll come out strong. I see a season anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8. I'm confident we'll have a better 2nd half than 1st half of the season.
__________________

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame
 
TexanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 27
Posts: 17,071
Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Not realistic at all. You won't beat the Colts and you won't beat the Titans by 14. Must I remind you that you got manhandled by the Colts and convincingly beat by the Titans? Are you just choosing to forget those games?
The Colts will probably play their starters for a half at most. I think they'll have homefield advantage wrapped up again. We lost by 6 to the Titans when we basically handed the game to them. Had we been playing a good team, we would have lost by more than 6 points with the amount of turnovers we had. I don't think we'll beat the Titans by 14, by I think we'll beat em. Same with the Colts.
__________________

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
NEROtheZERO
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 467
Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Not realistic at all. You won't beat the Colts and you won't beat the Titans by 14. Must I remind you that you got manhandled by the Colts and convincingly beat by the Titans? Are you just choosing to forget those games?
We dominated Jacksonville and were a touchdown from beating the Titans with a -5 turnover margin and 10 penalties. This team has shown flashes and it is not out of line at all to think we beat the Titans at home or a Colts' team sitting its starters.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #13
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I predict we win two more games...The Browns, and the Titans part deux...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 41
Posts: 6,014
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

The Colts won't rest their starters. The Colts love to play us so the offense can pad their stats every chance they get.

Manning has the Texans game circled every year for his HOF run.
__________________
Quote:
@McClain_on_NFL
John McClain
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 41
Posts: 6,014
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I predict we win two more games...The Browns, and the Titans part deux...
I think that this is about right.
__________________
Quote:
@McClain_on_NFL
John McClain
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #16
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 44
Posts: 3,021
Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
The Colts won't rest their starters. The Colts love to play us so the offense can pad their stats every chance they get.

Manning has the Texans game circled every year for his HOF run.
Peyton is going to the HOF regardless of his stats against the Texans from here on out.

Peyton's deal is winning a game that really means something!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #17
real
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Peyton is going to the HOF regardless of his stats against the Texans from here on out.

Peyton's deal is winning a game that really means something!
Whats sad, is that I wouldn't even feel over confident going against their back-ups at this point...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 17,995
Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Whats sad, is that I wouldn't even feel over confident going against their back-ups at this point...
Sorgi has our number. We have to keep Peyton in the game or Sorgi's going to run up the score on us.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 30,864
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

I think we can win 2-4 games out of the next 11. I see potential out there, but someone always seems to step up to shoot themselves in the foot (except for the Jaguars game when the entire team had it together).

Kubiak's biggest challenge this year is getting into the players' heads and teaching them how to play a full game and win it accordingly.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #20
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran
 
yourfavoritetexan42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 412
Rep Power: 9 yourfavoritetexan42 is a fan favorite
Default Re: Predictions on the second half of 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Not realistic at all. You won't beat the Colts and you won't beat the Titans by 14. Must I remind you that you got manhandled by the Colts and convincingly beat by the Titans? Are you just choosing to forget those games?

First Point, the colts.

First all its at home, gives us a small edge. I play on a football team...we already have clinched district championship and homefield in playoffs...we have 2 more games...and our last game we played poorly (still won) just because it didn't really mean much...even though we wanted to remain undefeated...when you know no matter what this game doesn't matter there are certain things you won't do. You won't dive for that catch...you won't go in as hard on tackles... you won't play as reckless as you would if the game mattered.

Secondly they will overlook us and they might not even have their starters in that game.



Second point, the Titans. Congrats to the titans, you watched us beat ourselves for 48 minutes. It was at your place. When we come home, totally different story.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger