Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
kingh99

Default Owen Daniels is awesome

Just thought he deserved the pub. He looked downright depressed when Kubes gave the ball to Moulds after the Jags game. Dude has been amazing. Kubiak made a great pick with this guy.
Old 10-30-2006   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels is awesome

He will be getting more looks the more teams play cover 2 against the Texans.

Texans TE coach is good at grooming TEs.
Old 10-30-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted David Thomas from Texas. Not anymore.

I will take 99 yds & 2 TDs from anybody.

What a stud. He has been even better than advertised.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I wanted David Thomas from Texas. Not anymore.

I will take 99 yds & 2 TDs from anybody.

What a stud. He has been even better than advertised.
I wanted David Thomas also. I'd never heard of Owen Daniels and when we passed on secondary help in the 4th round and took a TE I was kind of upset. We brought in Jeb Putzier to do the job. Those were my thoughts at the time. I'm extremely happy with the draft pick (who can't be?) now. When do Owen Daniels jersey's go on sale?

EDIT: Here's how Owen Daniels stats compare to Jason Witten's stats his rookie year through 7 games:

Jason Witten: 8 catches, 94 yards
Owen Daniels: 18 catches, 183 yards

Gives us something to look forward too!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #5
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 16 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I can imagine the roto servers grinding to a halt trying to withstand the massive simultaneous adds of Daniels after his jaw dropping numbers starting popping up across the fantasy world.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator View Post
I can imagine the roto servers grinding to a halt trying to withstand the massive simultaneous adds of Daniels after his jaw dropping numbers starting popping up across the fantasy world.
I actually added him 2 weeks ago. BUT...I made the mistake of benching him this week.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Owen played a great game ! He said in his weekly newsletter that his folks
were going to get down to Nashville for the game. So that should have made
for a good day for him and his parents, except for the final score.
Dang, wonder if Owen has had a chance to get together with that other
prominant Badger alum who lives here in town, David Lesar ?
Daniels, like many of the players on the Texans and in the NFL, came from a
winning program and personally enjoyed some of that success as his team was in a bowl game last year. How tough is it for the guys who knew winning on a regular basis in college to come to the pros and play on a team like the
Texans ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been starting him over Todd Heap.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #9
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

What does this mean for Putzier? IIRC we signed him to a relatively fat contract. With the play of Daniels and the unexpected ability to catch that Bruener has shown Putzier becomes expendable. Do we cut Putzier?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I've been starting him over Todd Heap.

I started him over Jason Witten.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
What does this mean for Putzier? IIRC we signed him to a relatively fat contract. With the play of Daniels and the unexpected ability to catch that Bruener has shown Putzier becomes expendable. Do we cut Putzier?
Doubt it. He seems to be on Bronco Disability Pay like many others.
Old 10-30-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I've got Daniels and D. Clark (Chicago) for my fantasy league. Both put up 20+ pts this week ... guess I should have played Daniels over Marvin Harrison. Who knew?
Old 10-30-2006   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
I've got Daniels and D. Clark (Chicago) for my fantasy league. Both put up 20+ pts this week ... guess I should have played Daniels over Marvin Harrison. Who knew?
Unfortunately, my combination of Daniels, Marvin Harrison, TJ Houshmansadeh (championship), Bears D/ST, and LaDanian Tomlinson ran into Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, DeShaun Foster, and Torry Holt. My hope is resting on the shoulders of Tom Brady right now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

i loved that picture of him last week when he scored!

Old 10-30-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this guy leading in TD grabs?

I like when I can see a player bustin tail when we are down. Surely one of the big bright spots all day.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Is this guy leading in TD grabs?
He's tied for the leauge lead...
Old 10-30-2006   #17
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

if your talking about the texans, he is in the lead with 5 TD

4 for AJ
1 for moulds
2 for bruener

but yes, for all the tight ends in the nfl, hes in a 3 way tie with heap and crumpler
Old 10-30-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"but the biggest day came from Houston's unheralded rookie Owen Daniels, who matched his season numbers in one game. Going into Week 8 he had nine catches for 84 yards and three touchdowns. Sunday against Tennessee he caught nine passes for 99 yards and two scores in the Texans' 28-22 loss.

"Going into camp, I didn't expect to be the starter. I just wanted to make the team and take it from there," Daniels said. "I've gotten the opportunity to be the starter, and I'm trying to make the most of it. I don't even know what my numbers were today, besides the two touchdowns."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ght-ends_x.htm
This from todays USAToday.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #19
Scottyboy
Veteran

This guy is good~!!!!

Great pic, Great pic!

Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read