Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2006   #1
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default These "interception" thingies?

I've noticed that our QB's manage to throw several interceptions yet our defense is unable to get any themselves. Is it just bad coverage or are our DB's not talented enough to get themselves into position to get one? I mean, 6 games and only one pick isn't impressive. I've seen a couple of times this season where a ball was there for the picking yet dropped by a DB, while Pac Man Jones is able to play heads-up enough to pick the ball after Andre flubbed it. We also seem to be able to get some decent pressure on the QB, so what's the reason we only have 1 pick this season vs. 6 thrown?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #2
real

Default Re: These "interception" thingies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I've noticed that our QB's manage to throw several interceptions yet our defense is unable to get any themselves. Is it just bad coverage or are our DB's not talented enough to get themselves into position to get one? I mean, 6 games and only one pick isn't impressive. I've seen a couple of times this season where a ball was there for the picking yet dropped by a DB, while Pac Man Jones is able to play heads-up enough to pick the ball after Andre flubbed it. We also seem to be able to get some decent pressure on the QB, so what's the reason we only have 1 pick this season vs. 6 thrown?
Pac Man is is more talented than any of our DB's...
Old 10-30-2006   #3
profan
Veteran

most of the time our db's have their back turned too the ball. Can't get an int if you don't see the ball.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #4
SESupergenius

I forgot who it was yesterday, but when the Titans receiver tipped the ball, our guy had it right in his hands, we've seen this too many times this year.
Old 10-30-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
What total crap--pac man was beat on that play and lucked into being position to pick up a cheap INT.
Old 10-30-2006   #6
Paragon Blue
Veteran

It was Jason Simmons
Old 10-30-2006   #7
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
PacMan is not more talented than Dunta.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2006   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
I forgot who it was yesterday, but when the Titans receiver tipped the ball, our guy had it right in his hands, we've seen this too many times this year.
Simmons, ironically the guy with our sole INT this season.

I'm fully expecting us to sign Clements or Samuels for 2007 and either (a) draft a safety in the first or (b) move Dunta to FS and draft a CB in the first
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #9
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue View Post
It was Jason Simmons
Yep, I was just about to post that. I agree that it's a coverage issue as well as we don't seem to play the ball very much. I've noticed where we may have 2 to 3 guys around a receiver and wait for him to catch it then gang tackle him. I would like to see one of those guys make a play on the ball and then 2 guys tackle him if he was still able to catch it.
Old 10-30-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I think our dbs are decent pros and can get it done just like other secondaries but i think the problem lies in our pass rush in that we havent really forced QBs to make bad decisions and our d line doesnt get that many pass deflections. We havent really made any team have to constantly throw throw throw the ball against us.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #11
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

It's largely a safety problem.

Neither of our safeties are worth much in coverage. They're both run stoppers and hitters. Thus the corners have to play somewhat like safeties - keep the receivers in front of them. If they don't do this, next stop, end-zone. In those cases, you can't jump the route - you can only INT on a tip or overthrow - and most NFL QBs are going to underthrow on the Texans after looking at tape the week before.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read