Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran
 
yourfavoritetexan42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 412
Rep Power: 9 yourfavoritetexan42 is a fan favorite
Default Why so down?

Reading a lot of posts lately makes me question why everyone is so dissappointed in our play so far... I knew this year was going to be one more rebuilding year...and so far this year is the most progress I have ever seen...even more than our 7-9 year, and here is why:

1. David Carr has turned into a good qb. ok ok today he didn't play well... but steve young once threw 5 picks in a game. Peyton Manning has turned in some really bad performences in the past. John Elway had bumps in the road. Why should we judge his season on one performance? Carr has played very well up until this game and has had the highest completion percentage in the NFL. He is dealing with a banged up O line who was already sub par... but regardless, he is looking a whole lot better from last year.

2. A rushing game, and DD is on the IR. Our best back isn't even dressed out and we have put up two consecutive 100 yard games. One reason why we struggled early was becuase we had no rushing attack...well its coming around and I am excited because its coming all on the fresh legs of wali lundy and when DD joins him next year we will have a 1-2 punch that will even scare the Colts.

3. Eric Moulds trade paid off greatly, we have the #1 receiver in the nfl on our team now...and Eric Moulds gets all the credit for this one. Bringing all the attention off Dre plus Eric Moulds is getting quite a bit of catches too.

4. A great receiving TE with awesome hands. Owen Daniels? Where did he come from... idk but man is he a playmaker and boy did we need one.

5. Demeco Ryans being a rookie pro bowler and could lead the league with tackles. We needed a big time linebacker...we have one and this guy is on pace to end up in canton at the way he has started.

6. Mario Williams has more sacks then dwight freeney and simeon rice. Reggie bush...ehh not so hot...plus injured now and vince young is off to a rough start.

7. Jerome Mathis has yet to return... he was the best returner from last year and he will provide much speed to an already potent receiving corps.


My point is... when all this comes together next year... we will be in the playoffs and making some noise. Plus we have another draft...and Kubiak did awesome with this draft class... I mean AWESOME. Almost Every pickup has contributed.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
axman40
Hall of Fame
 
axman40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin
Age: 52
Posts: 21,318
Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

Why so down?

ummmm losing is bad okay

__________________
“The highway’s jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.”
axman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
mapleleaf
Veteran
 
mapleleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pearland, TX
Age: 23
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 9 mapleleaf is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

"Because a win today could make things interesting for our division" - CBS Commentator.
__________________
Worst...Signature....Ever
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Osso
Veteran
 
Osso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amarillo,Country of TEXAS
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 9 Osso is ridin' the pine
Angry Re: Why so down?

I said the same thing when we lost to Dall-ass....we gave them the game all nice and wrapped....It sucks to see our team defeat themselves.
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 1,864
Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: Why so down?

How 'bout this for a reason - I've spent thousands of dollars on season tickets these past 5 years, and I'd like to actually get some value out of what I'm spending.

I'm kind of glad that the Texans are on a long road stretch. Maybe they'll put a good product on the field by the time they return to Reliant.
__________________
Addition by subtraction
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,326
Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
How 'bout this for a reason - I've spent thousands of dollars on season tickets these past 5 years, and I'd like to actually get some value out of what I'm spending.

I'm kind of glad that the Texans are on a long road stretch. Maybe they'll put a good product on the field by the time they return to Reliant.
I am with ya there. It's tougher when your money is going down the drain along with your emotions.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
Indy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 26
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0 Indy is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

I'm upset that we lost, I mean, you should be upset when something like that happens when you're passionate about your team. But I also do like to see progress being made and that's something that definitely is happening. Would I have preferred a win? Of course, but you have to see some good in this all too.

Besides, I've taken a new stance on the Carr vs Rosenfels debate. *Points to avatar and signature*

And haha, this post made me think of that commercial. Why so blue panda bear?
__________________
Say whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that David Carr is here to stay
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
gjmac2
Veteran
 
gjmac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 296
Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Reading a lot of posts lately makes me question why everyone is so dissappointed in our play so far... I knew this year was going to be one more rebuilding year...and so far this year is the most progress I have ever seen...even more than our 7-9 year, and here is why:

1. David Carr has turned into a good qb. ok ok today he didn't play well... but steve young once threw 5 picks in a game. Peyton Manning has turned in some really bad performences in the past. John Elway had bumps in the road. Why should we judge his season on one performance? Carr has played very well up until this game and has had the highest completion percentage in the NFL. He is dealing with a banged up O line who was already sub par... but regardless, he is looking a whole lot better from last year.

2. A rushing game, and DD is on the IR. Our best back isn't even dressed out and we have put up two consecutive 100 yard games. One reason why we struggled early was becuase we had no rushing attack...well its coming around and I am excited because its coming all on the fresh legs of wali lundy and when DD joins him next year we will have a 1-2 punch that will even scare the Colts.

3. Eric Moulds trade paid off greatly, we have the #1 receiver in the nfl on our team now...and Eric Moulds gets all the credit for this one. Bringing all the attention off Dre plus Eric Moulds is getting quite a bit of catches too.

4. A great receiving TE with awesome hands. Owen Daniels? Where did he come from... idk but man is he a playmaker and boy did we need one.

5. Demeco Ryans being a rookie pro bowler and could lead the league with tackles. We needed a big time linebacker...we have one and this guy is on pace to end up in canton at the way he has started.

6. Mario Williams has more sacks then dwight freeney and simeon rice. Reggie bush...ehh not so hot...plus injured now and vince young is off to a rough start.

7. Jerome Mathis has yet to return... he was the best returner from last year and he will provide much speed to an already potent receiving corps.


My point is... when all this comes together next year... we will be in the playoffs and making some noise. Plus we have another draft...and Kubiak did awesome with this draft class... I mean AWESOME. Almost Every pickup has contributed.

I admire your optimisim, but most people on this board have been fans of this team since the beginning, and are tired of the losing. I include myself in this category.

Look, it's not like the people here don't give a darn. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. We're just tired of the awful product on the field on almost every Sunday. We're just venting a little frustration. It's our right as paying customers and fans.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
Tayton
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 48
Posts: 148
Rep Power: 10 Tayton is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
How 'bout this for a reason - I've spent thousands of dollars on season tickets these past 5 years, and I'd like to actually get some value out of what I'm spending.

I'm kind of glad that the Texans are on a long road stretch. Maybe they'll put a good product on the field by the time they return to Reliant.
I feel exactly the same way!
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #10
CMoak1982
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston
Age: 32
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 9 CMoak1982 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

It is your right to vent and be frustrated but honestly did you expect Kubes to just sprinkle a little pixie dust and poof every problem we have be fixed. I don't post often but I like to read them and have watched every single game from day one, you name it and I'm pretty sure I know it about the texans, that's the way a fan should be. I'm disappointed but I do see improvement and am excited about the future. We weren't going to the playoffs this year and it would be foolish of anyone to think that after a coaching change and a 2 win season, so let's let the season play out and then see what we got at the end.
CMoak1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame
 
Reddevil63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington
Age: 30
Posts: 1,253
Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Re: Why so down?

Im down because I saw a team last week that would have turned this season into something to be proud of. Yet again the team comes out flat after a big win to have one of the most disappointing performances in recent memory. The fact the it was Young and the Titans was just salt in an open wound.
__________________
Keep Kevin Kolb in Houston in '07
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,825
Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

why so down? Who can be upbeat after what we saw today? This is depressing.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru
 
awtysst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,611
Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

I am down not becuase we lost but the way we lost. Losing is somethign that occurs to every team during the course of the season. But to lose that way was depressing. To drive all the way down the field and then throw a silly interception. To turn the ball over 5 times in a game is ridiculous. It reminds me of an expansion team that has no clue what it is doing. This bothers me becuase we are not supposed to be that expansion team. We are supposed to be competing and not looking silly out there.

What especially bothered me was that I saw a team hungry, fired up, and ready to destroy the Jags last week. I did not see this team this week. I did not see a QB throwing precision passes. i did not see a Dline, collapsing the QB, and I did not see a fire and intensity anywhere. The Texans looked really flat, almost as if they expected to win. When you have never had a winning season EVER, you do not get to expect to beat anyone.
__________________
Draft Guru: 91.43% accuracy through first 35 picks from 2006-present

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor
 
edo783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, again.
Posts: 7,706
Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
. The Texans looked really flat.
I thought they looked like they were playing tight rather than flat. When you play tight you make mistakes and we did that in spades today.
__________________


De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #15
StrongArm08
Rookie
 
StrongArm08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 0 StrongArm08 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
How 'bout this for a reason - I've spent thousands of dollars on season tickets these past 5 years, and I'd like to actually get some value out of what I'm spending.

I'm kind of glad that the Texans are on a long road stretch. Maybe they'll put a good product on the field by the time they return to Reliant.


then you expected too much because you bought season tickets for an EXPANSION FRANCHISE. you should've expected what you got.....instead you made a bad investment IMO if you were betting on a winning team.........that's what makes it so much more fun later down the road.

p.s. I would gladly buy your season tickets, at a discounted rate of course, and take my chances every sunday if I lived close enough to make the trip.

Last edited by StrongArm08; 10-30-2006 at 12:36 AM.
StrongArm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,825
Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongArm08 View Post
then you expected too much because you bought season tickets for an EXPANSION FRANCHISE. you should've expected what you got.....instead you made a bad investment IMO if you were betting on a winning team.........that's what makes it so much more fun later down the road.

p.s. I would gladly buy your season tickets, at a discounted rate of course, and take my chances every sunday if I lived close enough to make the trip.
here is a tip...get to know some of these people before you lecture them...you don't know what some of these people are about....that much is obvious. I think Tulip passed the Bar exam so she can speak for herself...but get to know some of us as you lurk...lots of us have been around long enough to meet and stuff.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #17
StrongArm08
Rookie
 
StrongArm08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Rep Power: 0 StrongArm08 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no fee for membership here. I've been a Texans fan just as long even if I haven't posted until now. I grew up in Houston and saw Warren Moon almost lead my team to a championship.

But my apologies if I intruded on your conversation. Hopefully you can forgive that considering all of the Texans bashing going on right now.
StrongArm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,825
Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongArm08 View Post
everyone is entitled to an opinion and there is no fee for membership here. I've been a Texans fan just as long even if I haven't posted until now. I grew up in Houston and saw Warren Moon almost lead my team to a championship.

But my apologies if I intruded on your conversation. Hopefully you can forgive that considering all of the Texans bashing going on right now.
I don't think you understand...if you get to know the people your arguments will not look invalid.

For instance, historically Tulip has been grounded and realistic and we all know she supports the team win or lose....and has for a while....she just wants what I want really, a credible team that competes. Winning comes in due time but if you can't even compete consistently your never going to win. The lecture came off as weak since anyone who follows this place knows what's up.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #19
brewhaus
All Pro
 
brewhaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 769
Rep Power: 9 brewhaus is a fan favorite
Default Re: Why so down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I'm kind of glad that the Texans are on a long road stretch. Maybe they'll put a good product on the field by the time they return to Reliant.
Don't bet on it Tulip, you gotta have the product to put it out there.
__________________
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up. "
Vince Lombardi
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #20
sleepwalker
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Age: 42
Posts: 167
Rep Power: 8 sleepwalker is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Why so down?

Because we HATE losing like this...That's why I'm so down.

It's always something with this team...One week the D will get owned, the next week the OL decides to take a week off...Then the next week Carr has butter fingers.

It's very frustrating as a fan.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger