Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006   #1
GiantsJunkie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 GiantsJunkie is ridin' the pine
Default Ready for the Giants?

Hi all,

I'm a Giants fan just stopping by in advance of our battle next weekend.

My gig is not as a troll, rather a HUGE NFL fan who likes to talk football with our opponents the week of the game. I've had a great time and, hopefully, added something to the boards of the Colts, Bucs and Cowboys, but have run into some pretty dense people at the boards of the Falcons and Seahawks...and some ruthless jerks associated with the Eagles (go figure) and Bears.

So...Giants have a decent team this year, but may stupidly look past Carr et al. towards a huge matchup with the Bears the following week. I'm a bit worried about your passing game vs. our corners/safeties and the fact that your QB is a bit mobile.

Thanks for having me.

Your take?
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
jteg25
Rookie
 
jteg25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 jteg25 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

shouldnt worry to much.
jteg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
GiantsJunkie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 GiantsJunkie is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteg25 View Post
shouldnt worry to much.

Yeah, saw that you guys had a tough week. I picked the Texans on all my pools...
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,565
Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

you want positive.. I dont' think Jeremy Shocky will run over Kevin Williams again
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
jteg25
Rookie
 
jteg25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 0 jteg25 is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

yea thought this was a sure win but you would think as a txn fan i would learn better..glad to see ta'll stuck it to the cowboys though
jteg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,477
Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
Hi all,

I'm a Giants fan just stopping by in advance of our battle next weekend.

My gig is not as a troll, rather a HUGE NFL fan who likes to talk football with our opponents the week of the game. I've had a great time and, hopefully, added something to the boards of the Colts, Bucs and Cowboys, but have run into some pretty dense people at the boards of the Falcons and Seahawks...and some ruthless jerks associated with the Eagles (go figure) and Bears.

So...Giants have a decent team this year, but may stupidly look past Carr et al. towards a huge matchup with the Bears the following week. I'm a bit worried about your passing game vs. our corners/safeties and the fact that your QB is a bit mobile.

Thanks for having me.

Your take?
I think the Giants had the Monday Night victory hangover today vs. the Bucs. However they did enough to win fairly easily, the Bucs never threatened. That being said, I think they will bounce back fairly strong next week (not that they really need to vs. this bunch). This game should be ugly, especially if Carr is going to start. However, you are right about looking past the Texans to the Bears game, though even if they do I still can't see the Texans competing. I can't wait for the Bears game. I think the Giants will beat them.

It's amazing the Giants are 5-2 if you look at their schedule. In their first 6 games they opened with the Colts, at Philly, at Seattle, Redskins, at Atlanta, and at Dallas. Coming out of that 4-2 is probably going to cement them the division because after the Bears game they have some pretty easy games.

BTW GiantsJunkie, I am a Texans season ticket holder and fan from the beginning however I used to live in NY and the Giants are my 2nd favorite team. I had both games on today. I had the Giant game on the big screen because of HD. The Texans hardly ever get HD games.

Huge Rangers fan also.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
Osso
Veteran
 
Osso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amarillo,Country of TEXAS
Posts: 122
Rep Power: 9 Osso is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Ready?

Hmm....

It depends on the team the Texans show up with. We have 2 you know.
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
GiantsJunkie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 GiantsJunkie is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I think the Giants had the Monday Night victory hangover today vs. the Bucs. However they did enough to win fairly easily, the Bucs never threatened. That being said, I think they will bounce back fairly strong next week (not that they really need to vs. this bunch). This game should be ugly, especially if Carr is going to start. However, you are right about looking past the Texans to the Bears game, though even if they do I still can't see the Texans competing. I can't wait for the Bears game. I think the Giants will beat them.

It's amazing the Giants are 5-2 if you look at their schedule. In their first 6 games they opened with the Colts, at Philly, at Seattle, Redskins, at Atlanta, and at Dallas. Coming out of that 4-2 is probably going to cement them the division because after the Bears game they have some pretty easy games.

BTW GiantsJunkie, I am a Texans season ticket holder and fan from the beginning however I used to live in NY and the Giants are my 2nd favorite team. I had both games on today. I had the Giant game on the big screen because of HD. The Texans hardly ever get HD games.

Huge Rangers fan also.

Nice post!

First, it was our pleasure to beat the Cowboys...we'll try to do that one more time this year.

Next, I do think there was a little MNF hangover today, and the weather conditions were horrible - 40 mph wind gusts - couldn't catch a ball in warmups, though Plaxico Burress made an amazing one-hand catch for a td.

We had another injury on D today, so, again, we're vulnerable at the corners/safeties position - but if you can't muster a run game, we can tee off on the pass and rushing the QB.

Also, btw, I've always been a Giants fan, but, man did I love Earl Campbell when I was a kid - also loved the Oilers uniforms. And, since they were in the AFC - I could root for both the Gmen and Oilers. I still remember the song...

"Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers all the way...!"
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,477
Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso View Post
Ready?

Hmm....

It depends on the team the Texans show up with. We have 2 you know.
Honestly, I think it's the Jags that have 2 teams, not us.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 42
Posts: 11,568
Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

You will beat the the Cowboys again. Your team is just better overall. Problem is we may very well make the Cowboys look like it's still '95. In fact, we already did a few weeks ago.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod
 
Kaiser Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Straight Outta Austin
Age: 44
Posts: 16,084
Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

The defense will be ready. The offense will not be ready until the second quarter.
__________________
Smell the glove is here
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro
 
SBTexans08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 3rd Coast
Age: 35
Posts: 677
Rep Power: 11 SBTexans08 is ridin' the pine
Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

We weren't ready for the Titans....we sure as heck won't be ready for the Giants at N.Y.....with Carr at the helm.
__________________
MY XBOX 360 GAMER PROFILE
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
Nbkan
Rookie
 
Nbkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Marlboro, New Jersey
Age: 45
Posts: 76
Rep Power: 9 Nbkan is ridin' the pine
Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

I live in Jersey but I am a Texans fan. I don't hate the 'Gints'. Here's to an injury free, well played game for both teams.
__________________
May the Spirit of the Bull guide our team and give them strength for the remainder of the season.
Nbkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,477
Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
Nice post!

First, it was our pleasure to beat the Cowboys...we'll try to do that one more time this year.

Next, I do think there was a little MNF hangover today, and the weather conditions were horrible - 40 mph wind gusts - couldn't catch a ball in warmups, though Plaxico Burress made an amazing one-hand catch for a td.

We had another injury on D today, so, again, we're vulnerable at the corners/safeties position - but if you can't muster a run game, we can tee off on the pass and rushing the QB.

Also, btw, I've always been a Giants fan, but, man did I love Earl Campbell when I was a kid - also loved the Oilers uniforms. And, since they were in the AFC - I could root for both the Gmen and Oilers. I still remember the song...

"Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers all the way...!"
I grew up an Oilers fan myself that is why I migrated to the Texans when they came on the scene. I started liking the Giants when I lived up there. Actually liking the Giants came natural since I always hated the Cowboys and learned to hate the Eagles (due to their fans) when I lived up there. I also loved Parcells and LT back in the day.

So who got hurt today? I was watching both games and missed that.

BTW, is Umenyiora and Madison going to be back next week? Kiwanuka looked pretty good in place of Osi.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #15
GiantsJunkie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 GiantsJunkie is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
We weren't ready for the Titans....we sure as heck won't be ready for the Giants at N.Y.....with Carr at the helm.
No chance that b/u dude is taking over? That Lundy guy impressed today at RB, though, right?
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro
 
SBTexans08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 3rd Coast
Age: 35
Posts: 677
Rep Power: 11 SBTexans08 is ridin' the pine
Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
No chance that b/u dude is taking over? That Lundy guy impressed today at RB, though, right?
Nah, Kubes said Carr's starting and Lundy looked great! Lundy is correct.
__________________
MY XBOX 360 GAMER PROFILE
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #17
GiantsJunkie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 GiantsJunkie is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I grew up an Oilers fan myself that is why I migrated to the Texans when they came on the scene. I started liking the Giants when I lived up there. Actually liking the Giants came natural since I always hated the Cowboys and learned to hate the Eagles (due to their fans) when I lived up there. I also loved Parcells and LT back in the day.

So who got hurt today? I was watching both games and missed that.

BTW, is Umenyiora and Madison going to be back next week? Kiwanuka looked pretty good in place of Osi.
Madison should be back, Umenyiora could be - but it's a hip flexor and they may want to rest him one more week before the Bears. Our weakside LB Brandon Short (he replaced our other LB, Carlos Emmons a few weeks ago) got hurt today - don't know how serious...I think it's a quad injury.

The rookie Kiwanuka is looking like a monster. He was amazing against 2nd stringers...which he's currently, at least 'till this week, forced to be with Umenyiora and Strahan ahead of him...in the preseason.

I can't believe you had to learn to hate the Eagles and their fans...I thought that came naturally to all football fans not born in the Philthy city!

Maybe it's because I don't watch enough Texans ball, but I've liked Carr since he's been in the league - just waiting for them to build a team around him. Should the waiting end?
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #18
austintexanite
All Pro
 
austintexanite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 819
Rep Power: 9 austintexanite is a team player
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Gotta agree...good post, now, you guys have a pretty good defence but if we can contain Tiki we'll have a chance to beat you guys, but Brandon Jacobs is a dozer so that makes me nervous. Dre will get his opportunities, but he needs to keeps his eyes on the ball and not look downfield. BUT, your DEs are going to disrupt the backfield, so David will have to get it out early and accurate. If we get a couple of breaks, we have a good shot.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #19
GiantsJunkie
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0 GiantsJunkie is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Gotta agree...good post, now, you guys have a pretty good defence but if we can contain Tiki we'll have a chance to beat you guys, but Brandon Jacobs is a dozer so that makes me nervous. Dre will get his opportunities, but he needs to keeps his eyes on the ball and not look downfield. BUT, your DEs are going to disrupt the backfield, so David will have to get it out early and accurate. If we get a couple of breaks, we have a good shot.

Yeah, I'm more worried about this game than the Bucs. Maybe because I saw you guys against the Jags.
GiantsJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy
 
Hookem Horns's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,477
Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready for the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsJunkie View Post
I can't believe you had to learn to hate the Eagles and their fans...I thought that came naturally to all football fans not born in the Philthy city!
Growing up in Houston I always liked the Eagles and everyone else in that division that played the Cowboys. However, once I moved up there, first NY, then Delaware, I got to see first hand how those fans are. My first taste was walking into the Spectrum wearing my NY Rangers jersey. That got ugly. Then later that year I went to the Vet to see a Giants/Eagles Monday night game. I saw 3 older guys probably in their early 60's (Giants fans) get jumped by some young Eagle fan thugs. I couldn't believe what they were doing to those older guys. Fortunately the police intervened before one of those guys got killed.

The nice thing is, those fans get what they deserve. A city full of choking teams. While the Rangers are off to a mediocre start, the Flyers have just collapsed and already fired their coach and lost their GM not even 10 games into the season. The Eagles are choking their a**es off too. That Giants comeback game was classic. I have it still on my DVR. I was loving the look of all those loser fans after Burress got that TD in OT.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger