Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot
Exclamation Changing of the Guard!

Texans better trade Carr for a #1 pick while they still can! The way he is going he won't be worth anything. He still has descent so called "stats". Oakland could sure use him. Hey Jim Plunkett had a great career there.
Go back and look at colts game and skins game DC fumbled 3 times in each game! The guy just doesnít protect the ball! QBís that donít protect the ball usually donít win especially on the road! I find it interesting that DC had 4 sacks today and Sage had none! Also Sage had 3 TD passes and DC had none going against the same 29th ranked Defense! DC made the 29th ranked D look like the bears D and Sage made the 29th D look like it was the 32nd. Need to hide DC on the Bench and brag about his stats for a #1 Draft pick next yr! Sage needs to start here on in to see what he can do on a consistent bases as a starter! The D is looking good the running game is coming along. I was going to say the O-Line had problems but Sage made the O-Line look good! Because he doesnít hold on to the ball makes his progressions and the ball is gone!
Old 10-29-2006   #2
Texan1
Veteran

Default Re: Changing of the Guard!

You are correct - Carr doesn't protect the ball. This will be his downfall if he he doesn't fix it.
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
DenverBorn
Veteran

There's a better chance that I could run a nine second 100 meter dash than there is that some team would give us a first round draft pick for David Carr
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Yeah, the Texans aren't going to get a 1st rounder for David. Unlike the national media types who seem to only have time to look at the stat lines (or in this case, just the one stat line), other teams' scouts will actually be watching tape on David when considering a trade.
Old 10-29-2006   #5
Rightnow
Veteran

At this moment, Carr is worth a fourth round pick to the right team. By the end of the season if he does okay, he coud be worth a third round pick. That is it. Nobody gives up 2nd round picks to QB's who washout in their fifth year.

Due to the draft and how valuable the first round picks are, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are the only type of QB's that coud warrent first round picks.
Old 10-29-2006   #6
NJTexanFan
Rookie

Ask Sage Rosenfels why he's been a career backup his whole career, there must be a reason
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Allot of people are making a big stink of Sage being a career backup, but I don't think its that big of a deal. Look at these QBs:

Tom Brady was drafted in the sixth round and was the third string backup when Drew Bledsoe got hurt.

Marc Bulger was also a sixth round pick but only waited a half a year before becoming a starter.

And Jake Delhoume wasn't drafted and sat on the Saints bench for two years.

Turned out well for these guys so, why not start Sage?
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
TexanDrifter
Rookie

To be fair, Sage sat behind Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, Brian Griese and Gus Ferotte and probably more scrubs. Im sure you can find better examples than the guys who sat behind Drew Bledsoe and multiple MVP Kurt Warner.

Though I'll give you Aaron Brooks, what was NO thinking?
TexanDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTexanFan View Post
Ask Sage Rosenfels why he's been a career backup his whole career, there must be a reason
Ask Kurt Warner why he was an Arena League scrub his whole career before he threw for 41 TD's in the NFL in '99.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
You know...I thought the same thing at first. But how about the Raiders??? Al is pretty much an enormous goofball!

I mean, anyone who'd wear velvet windpants YEAR ROUND...can't be all that smart!
He sure goofed on us when he pawned P Buchanan off on us for a valuable pick.

Only way we get a #1 pick for Carr is if some stupid team hires Charlie Casserley. He is the only one stupid enough to throw away good picks for junk players.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Ok, how about Brett Favre sitting on the bench in Atlanta, then traded to GB and becoming, well, Brett Favre

How about Steve Young stinking up the joint in TB before spending four years a Joe Montana's backup. Riding the pine worked for him.

Just because someone has riden the pine, doesn't mean they aren't good football players. Maybe, Sage didn't fit thier offensive system.

Seems to fit our systems, so again, why not Sage?
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #12
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

I read the message boards pretty often and pretty much everyone in every board I read have opinions that all hinge on the result game. If we win David is a god among men, if we lose he's the biggest waste of a draft pick known man. Last week everyone played up to potential, DC included. I didn't see any "Cut Carr" post then. Why not? As of matter of fact everyone was blameing the running game prior to that game if i recall correctly. The fact is this TEAM needs to step it up in all phases. It can not be David's fault for every sack, every fumble, or every pick. Albeit his pick today was every bit his faut, short arming it. He has had his fair share of bad breaks when it comes to turnovers. More so than most NFL QB's for sure. Bad breaks that come in the form of inconsisitent pass protection, poor run blocking and horrific defense. The Texans lost todays game and no one person is directly responsible. We've seen what this offense and defense is capable of.
My personal opinion is that sitting Carr was a good call, but I don't believe he turned the ball over five times. Poor excecution on the part of the line and Special Teams carry the load of responsiblity today. Therefore David should get the keys to this ride and take us to the meadowlands and let's turn in another upset.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #13
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutexan02 View Post
I read the message boards pretty often and pretty much everyone in every board I read have opinions that all hinge on the result game. If we win David is a god among men, if we lose he's the biggest waste of a draft pick known man. Last week everyone played up to potential, DC included. I didn't see any "Cut Carr" post then. Why not? As of matter of fact everyone was blameing the running game prior to that game if i recall correctly. The fact is this TEAM needs to step it up in all phases. It can not be David's fault for every sack, every fumble, or every pick. Albeit his pick today was every bit his faut, short arming it. He has had his fair share of bad breaks when it comes to turnovers. More so than most NFL QB's for sure. Bad breaks that come in the form of inconsisitent pass protection, poor run blocking and horrific defense. The Texans lost todays game and no one person is directly responsible. We've seen what this offense and defense is capable of.
My personal opinion is that sitting Carr was a good call, but I don't believe he turned the ball over five times. Poor excecution on the part of the line and Special Teams carry the load of responsiblity today. Therefore David should get the keys to this ride and take us to the meadowlands and let's turn in another upset.
I'm sorry but I haven't said one positive thing about Carr all year. I'm almost to the point where I want us to lose so there will be some changes made at QB. Everyone brags about the Jacksonville game, the fact is, the first TD pass was a horrible decision/pass and AJ saved him by making a play.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
I'm sorry but I haven't said one positive thing about Carr all year. I'm almost to the point where I want us to lose so there will be some changes made at QB. Everyone brags about the Jacksonville game, the fact is, the first TD pass was a horrible decision/pass and AJ saved him by making a play.
True. Good pass, incredible catch, horrible decision to begin with.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read