Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default I just looked at Sage's Career stats; I am confused!

Man, this guy looked great today; just imagine if he started! The QB position is getting harder and harder to play because the defense is faster. The QB cant stand in the pocket like Warren Moon and be successfull, at least thats what I thought after watching Drew Bledsoe get pulled last week from lack of mobility.

Then again, this guy (Sage) comes in the game/ stands in the pocket and makes the position look easy and thats what great QB's do! Carr makes every game look complicated.

I really think that Sage could be the answer after seeing his performance today, why did it take him up to this point to mature into a Great prospect, it seems like no other team was willing to give him a chance?

I am also pretty damn confused right now
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Re: I just looked at Sage's Career stats; I am confused!

Just ask the offense who should start. Their pockets whisper in their ears.....SAGE......SAGE......SAGE.....SAGE....
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Texan1
Veteran

I think you have to give Sage a chance to start next week. He earned it today.

Carr has been given a world of oppotunties and he needs to understand he has to show up EVERY Sunday. Blaming the pass prtotection will not work anymore for Carr (although Salamm had a horrid 1st 3 quarters).
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
goodnews boy
Rookie

Default What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
Just ask the offense who should start. Their pockets whisper in their ears.....SAGE......SAGE......SAGE.....SAGE....
And you know this How?
goodnews boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Re: What???

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews boy View Post
And you know this How?
LMAO You actually think the offense's pockets actually talk?

Damn...I feel for ya bruh!
Old 10-30-2006   #6
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP
Default Sage's Stats-Relevant?

Couldn't watch the game, but were Sage's stats legit or was he facing 2nd and 3rd string defense?
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage's Stats-Relevant?

1) His INT was not legitimate, as it hit AJ in the hands, in the chest, in the hands again, and THEN into the defenders arm. That INT was on AJ.

2) He was not facing 2nd or 3rd string defenses.

3) I think (I'm no football coordinator) tha the was facing a lot of prevent, and bend but don't break defenses.

Are his stats legitimate? Who knows. Its impossible to tell how hard Tennesse was actually playing
Old 10-30-2006   #8
supertankman
Rookie

The bend dont break strategy is possibly true, but again; I saw Romo have a great game last night against the panthers, I really don't think Carr can handle pressure all that well especially now that the coached pulled him from yesterdays game.

Its going to be hard for Carr to bounce back and get better especially thinking that Kubiak may pull him at any given moment. I think that Carr may start playing with the mindset "play not to make mistakes" instead of the mindset "play to have fun and win" which will lead to his failure and starting job in Houston. Also, during interviews, he looked really nervous? If he does bounce back, it may be for another team (Raiders?)

The NFL is known for "Not For Long" for a reason
Old 10-30-2006   #9
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
LMAO You actually think the offense's pockets actually talk?

Damn...I feel for ya bruh!
That's funny stuff right there!!!!!!!
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage has looked like a pro QB, both yesterday and in the pre-season. If he can consistently do this? Who knows.

But we do know Carr is simply inconsistent. He should have been leading the way yesterday, but came out looking horrible. The rest of the team got down as a result. After the halftime, same ol' same ol'. I just don't think DC has it in him at this point to inspire the team to play above and beyond themselves, and he seems to be unable to get himself up for these games, too.
Old 10-30-2006   #11
phan1
All Pro

Keep in mind that we got Sage from Miami, who does not have the offensive weapons we have. But also, there's a reason why Fiedler and Feely beat this guy out for the starting job. Not the kind of company you want to be beat out by...

Last edited by phan1; 10-30-2006 at 11:54 AM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1 View Post
Keep in mind that we got Sage from Miami, who does not have the offensive weapons we have.
...this makes no sense at all to me. Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown and Randy McMichael are as good as anyone in the NFL at their respective positions.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
...this makes no sense at all to me. Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown and Randy McMichael are as good as anyone in the NFL at their respective positions.
Yeah they sure are proving it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

just because you can type doesn't mean you know what you are talking about....just sayin'. I know it works both ways...but if you ask around the league and you ask anyone who has better skill guys, Miami or Houston....nobody would take the Texans other than Texans fans.

Old 10-30-2006   #15
kingh99

Default Re: Sage's Stats-Relevant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriTexan View Post
Couldn't watch the game, but were Sage's stats legit or was he facing 2nd and 3rd string defense?
You forgot the sarcasm tag.
Old 10-30-2006   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
just because you can type doesn't mean you know what you are talking about....just sayin'. I know it works both ways...but if you ask around the league and you ask anyone who has better skill guys, Miami or Houston....nobody would take the Texans other than Texans fans.
Just because you can type doesnt mean you know what you are talking about....just sayin'. It works both ways.

If you would take Chris Chambers over Andre Johnson then I feel sorry for you. Go play some more fantasty football.

Granted. Ronnie Brown & Randy McMichael would be starters on our team. Im not going to debate that cuz I believe you are right.

Excuse me for defending my team. I dont know what got in to me. I apologize.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I don't get into stats like fantasy football guys...although I do play...and play well if I do say so myself...

Defend the team all you want...homers are everywhere. I'm just a bigger fan of the league and have a broader view...you may want to check Chambers history...he has been a prolific wr for quite a while now. Last year he was in the Pro Bowl and caught 82 passes for 1118 yards at 13.6 per catch, but since this is a Texans board....HE SUX! LOL'erz!!1111!

Old 10-30-2006   #18
supertankman
Rookie

What happened to Sage in Miami and does this guy have a strong arm or does it even matter? IMO, Sage is a better backup QB then Joey Harrington?

Also, is it possible that Sage just bloomed into a better qb by watching from the sidelines? No disrespect to Carr, but in a interview conducted by Bob Allen with Sage; IMO, I think Sage seems like a smarter guy in terms of knowing the game of football at a pro level then Carr. And yes, I have seen Carr interviews before, Sage also seems more mature?

Would you pick a smart QB with less talent or a raw QB with more talent ( in terms of say a strong arm) When you look at all the QB's in the league, the tops QB's seem to be the smart ones; Brady and Manning for example, they are not known for having a super Arm? Correct me if I am wrong, Tim Couch was known for a strong arm, but where does that get you if you can read defenses?
Old 10-30-2006   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Here's a little background from a Dolphin fan about Rosenfels, "the starter vs the reliever":

Quote:
I like Rosenfels but he's a completely different QB when he starts than when he comes in at some point during the game. Remember the game last year where Chambers had 200 receiving yards against the Bills? Rosenfels was the QB for that one. He had come in after Frerotte got hurt. Played a great game. Now, remember the game where the Dolphins got blanked by the Browns last year? It was Rosenfels that started that game and he was absolutely horrible. He was something like 5/10 for 4 yards and an interception before he got pulled for an injured Frerotte.

Now with all that said I thought we should have given him more of a chance but just keep in mind that Rosenfels the starter does not play like Rosenfels the reliever.
http://www.pigskinheaven.com/forums/...6&postcount=10
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #20
Twitch

That is an interesting little tidbit.

As a backup he also lead the Dolphins largest comeback for a backup.
Down 23-3 (I believe in the fourth) the Dolphins ended up winning 24-23.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read