Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
FireBlizzard90
Rookie

Default 6.4

is what Wali Lundy averaged today. 18 rushes for 116 yards. is this the running game we were looking for? is it safe to cross off starting running back off our offseason priorities yet?
FireBlizzard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6.4

I think so. Lundy looked great out there. People will say "But it was against the Titans"..and they are right..but it showed that Lundy knows what to do when he can find a hole. Now we need to improve our oline's run blocking so that he can find holes against teams with better defenses.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It'd be nice to get a guy who can take it to the house... Lundy lacks that extra gear that gets you drafted in the first round... but whatever, he's a gamer and he's been a real bright spot... he's got some moves, speed, and toughness. So, no... I don't think we need to draft a starting running back, but a speedster with some upside might be nice to complement him.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
FireBlizzard90
Rookie

Bush got injured today.
FireBlizzard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Morency averaged something like 9-10 yards per carry today. If we had both him and Lundy, I would be pretty darn happy.
Old 10-29-2006   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Morency averaged something like 9-10 yards per carry today. If we had both him and Lundy, I would be pretty darn happy.
:brickwall
thank you..on a day when my faith in the texans is being tested you remind me that i was prob right to be so against the morency trade.......:brickwall

why didnt you add that if we had him as our running back we'd prob still have spencer instead of salaam at LT????:brickwall
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

hes been better than bush so far.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I would rather a hard hitting big time safety before any other position and here is why:

Charles Spencer did well at left tackle...he went down with an injury... a shame because before that our o line was playin pretty good.

David Carr/Sage Rosenfels...we are ok at qb... and people act like we need peyton manning to win a superbowl... ben roethlisberger wasnt that great, neither was brad johnson or trent dilfer

Davis/Lundy...we have our 2 rbs for our 2 rb system...and wow is it gonna suck for other teams... these guys together are going to be crazy good.

Demeco Ryans is our future big time mlb...and i guess i shouldn't say future...i should also add current because he is our leader on defense and boy does he make plays.

I really would love to have tom zbikowski from notre dame at ss... huge hits he makes... such a big play maker...and he is an athlete... no way an athlete that talented will fail in the nfl... and he comes up in big games (usc game).
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Davis/Lundy...we have our 2 rbs for our 2 rb system...and wow is it gonna suck for other teams... these guys together are going to be crazy good.
Domanick Davis may never play again. So I'm not sure how tight the Texans really are at the RB position.
Old 10-29-2006   #10
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Domanick Davis may never play again. So I'm not sure how tight the Texans really are at the RB position.

I have to agree. For his knee to still be swollen looks like his career is over
:-(

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read