Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
jteg25
Rookie

Default before we all jump on the sage bandwagon..

Ok im new here guys but dont you think before some of us jump on the sage-wagon that we remember that the guy is a career backup for a reason. He did do a great job today with the offense but the way i see david's benching was like taking your pitcher out after a few innings, he just wasnt getting the job done. Maybe this "spanking" from daddy kubiak will get his attention and show him that it doesnt take a super star to be effective. i say keep carr next week, keep him starting unless you get some kind of monumental breakdown from carr and evaluate it next season. Lets face it, the playoffs arent even on the map this season so we might as well find out about carr. sage isnt the answer..just a good backup.
jteg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: before we all jump on the sage bandwagon..

Blah blah blah. Tom Brady probably wasn't viewed as the answer when Bledsoe got hurt but he's got 3 rings.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep hearing this "the guy is a career backup for a reason" garbage along with this "Sage isnt the answer..just a good backup" nonsense. But you don't say why?

How bout some you of explaining why this is so, other than he just screws up your fantasy football junk.

I saw, with my own two eyes, Sage doing things on the field today that I've never seen Carr do. Tell me why he shouldn't be the quarterback of the Texans?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr isn't that good. I know why he had the best completion percentage now: he does dump offs to the TE and screens all the time.

Time for you guys to think about Troy Smith or Brady Quinn
Old 10-29-2006   #5
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Jake Delhomme was just a career back up. David Carr has been pretty good overall this season, but Sage played as well today as Carr has at his best.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
jteg25
Rookie

I think sage is a slightly better than average qb...but not the guy we should be building the team around. He is this generations version of cody carlson..ok in spot starts but as soon as you hand him the reigns, you will figure out why he should just be a back up. If its not gonna be David Carr then we should start looking towards the draft because keeping sage as a starter over Carr would just be spinning our wheels and wouldnt really prove anything about Carr. I know everyone will say he has had four years as a starter and the numbers are right but the chance he has now is way better than anything he had with capers and co. So like i said..give david till the end of the season...if its not him next season it should be a draft pick for a qb.
jteg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
tex
Veteran

Did it look like the Oline blocked better when Sage was in or was it just me?Maybe Sage knows how to use the pocket better or something.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
wicked_wayz
all blacks

if kub thinks carr is our guy then im all for it. i faith in wat kub is doin
Old 10-29-2006   #9
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Did it look like the Oline blocked better when Sage was in or was it just me?Maybe Sage knows how to use the pocket better or something.
No, they did no better for Sage, and he doesn't know how to use it better or something. What it is, is poise, pocket presence, and...knowing how to read defenses.

Carr's never been seen to have poise nor pocket presence....he just doesn't posess these skills vital to being a good QB.
Old 10-29-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I'd say yes he knows how to use what protection he had better. It is hard to quantify, but he has better pocket presence.
Old 10-29-2006   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not quite ready to say bench Carr or trade him, but I do like the idea of quarterbacks being benched a game because of poor performance. I think it serves as a very good wake up call and taking accountability through loss of the leadership position when they aren't leading.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
No, they did no better for Sage, and he doesn't know how to use it better or something. What it is, is poise, pocket presence, and...knowing how to read defenses.

Carr's never been seen to have poise nor pocket presence....he just doesn't posess these skills vital to being a good QB.
I thought that it was better blocking for Sage, but i also thought that Sage had slightly more of a pocket presence than DC did. The reason i say this is early on in the game Weigert is just geting handled by KVB, Once Sage gets in, KVB is not heard from for the rest of the game. I don't know could the team be telling Kubes & the Team something about how they feel about DC?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't need a "superstar" QB. Give me the above average guy that can manage a game, not make costly turnovers, and can place the ball; i.e. Brady, Delhomme, even a Brad Johnson type. Lets spend the money on our big uglies - they decide the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
We don't need a "superstar" QB. Give me the above average guy that can manage a game, not make costly turnovers, and can place the ball; i.e. Brady, Delhomme, even a Brad Johnson type. Lets spend the money on our big uglies - they decide the games.
That's pretty much how I feel right now. God help us if we dump another high-dollar contract on a talented college QB without evaluating our current options.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read