Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-29-2006   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Morency gets 11 carries for 101 yards today

Why did we trade this guy for Gado who wasn't even active today?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
profan
Veteran

Default morency 100+ yards

morency had 100+ yards today for the packers. Gado inactive. This is beginning to look like another bad deal. Did we give up on morency too soon? i think so. Are we staying with dayne too long? I think so.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Re: morency 100+ yards

I never thought that this was a good trade...and it looks even worse when u put the player you traded for on the innactive list and start an overweight slow bum in his place(Dayne)....Morency may not have been the prototypical "Zone Blocking back" but neither is DD then....as they run similar styles....I think this trade will go down as a big mistake
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

im not really understanding Gado on the inactive list. He looked fine last week.. a good compliment to Lundy and a solid short yardage guy.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Morency gets 11 carries for 101 yards today

Because he didn't fit the system.

Lundy had more yards.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh well, it's just another blown 3rd round pick, right?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
im not really understanding Gado on the inactive list. He looked fine last week.. a good compliment to Lundy and a solid short yardage guy.
Maybe kubiak wanted to have more D lineman or O lineman active for the game. It seems that way when dayne was inactive last week and gado played... again im speculating.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I wonder if kubiak is still experimenting.. he is in it for the long haul and this is a transitional season.. he will still try to get "his" guys in here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think Kubiak is sticking with Dayne entirely too long. There is obviously something Kubiak likes in Dayne that I am not seeing but who's to say Morency would be active if he were still with the Texans? Kubiak didn't feel that Morency was right for the system which is why he was traded. I liked Morency but it stings a lot less when you get 116 out of Lundy.
Old 10-29-2006   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Oh well, it's just another blown 3rd round pick, right?
We should be used to it at this point.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
tex
Veteran

I'm happy for Morency but I would be happier if he were a Texan.I always liked him and couldn't wait for him to get to play just wish it was for us.One mark against our new coach.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #12
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Why did we trade this guy for Gado who wasn't even active today?
Because he would not pick up the blitz.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Gado should have been in the game. Not Dayne. Gado could have gotten us that touchdown at the one yard line.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Have you guys been watching the Denver game??

that MikeBell fella looks alot like that Morency guy....

He is going off today..

Mike Bell that is.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
There is obviously something Kubiak likes in Dayne that I am not seeing ...
Dayne and Salaam. There is a common thread somewhere...
Old 10-29-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I never understood the trade either. We had Lundy, and we Had Dayne. I too would have stuck with Morency.

Like I said in another thread, Mike Bell looks an awful lot like Morency today.

other than the tripping on his own two feet thing.

But once we get our OL working like it's supposed to, having Gado will be a blessing......
Old 10-29-2006   #17
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Dayne and Salaam. There is a common thread somewhere...
Salaam has actually been relatively decent for us save for the penalties today. He is our back up LT and preforms well in that role IMO. Unfortunately we lost our starting LT for the season, that would criple almost any team. I assume Kubiak is keeping Dayne because he is familiar with the system, is built like a goal line back, and is an effective blocker. Unfortunately he isn't an effective runner.

I would be interested in seeing a Dayne/Lundy backfield. Possibly a power formation with Bruener in as the H Back.
Old 10-29-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is our back up LT and preforms well in that role IMO... Salaam has actually been relatively decent for us save for the penalties today.
I don't think the hits and sacks on Carr his man got were "relatively decent".

However, I agree he would have been good as a swing tackle back-up - playing spot duty on either side.
Old 10-29-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I'd bet that Salaam is pretty banged up..... Remember Dayne jumped on him earlier in the game, and he got knicked up against the Jags... and the Cowboys.

This is a best we got scenario...
Old 10-29-2006   #20
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Because he didn't fit the system.

Lundy had more yards.
That's not entirely true. Morency made the adjustments that Kubiak asked him to. Kubiak didn't want Lundy and Morency (because they were too much alike), and Morency had trade value. Sort of.

Morency for Gado just doesn't look like a good trade - then or now. I guess only time will tell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read