Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
FanFromCali
Rookie

Angry This one especially hurt as a fan because...

Although all losses hurt, this one especially stung.

1.I hate people that use phrases like “would have” and should have” to justify a loss to a team they could have beat, but damn it, we should have destroyed this team. A well-played loss hurts, but a loss where your shot yourself in the foot is disgusting.

2. I have always been a big Carr supporter and I still will try and will still support him but his turnovers killed the Texans today. No, it was not the only reason why they lost but if was a big part of the problem. It hurts to say this but the switch at QB was well justified.

3. I could care less if Vince Young is from Houston. I didn’t like him when he played for Texas and I especially don’t like him now that he is on the Titans. I also think he is never going to be the QB that Tennessee envisions him to be and am still glad the Texans did not waste a pick on him. But having said all of that even if he didn’t play great today he was on the winning side and thus has all the right in the world to brag. It makes my stomach turn.

I try to be a good fan and respect the other teams but I hate the Titans and I can’t wait for the next game with them for a chance at revenge.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This one especially hurt as a fan because...

Total yards:
Texans 427
Titans 197

Time of Possession:
Texans 36:21
Tians 23:39

First Downs:
Texans 26
Titans 10

Turnovers
Texans 5
Titans 0

Score:
Texas 22
Titans 28

The Texans are so inept and pathetic they still lose the game. What a sorry bunch we've got here.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Total yards:
Texans 427
Titans 197

Time of Possession:
Texans 36:21
Tians 23:39

First Downs:
Texans 26
Titans 10

Turnovers
Texans 5
Titans 0

Score:
Texas 22
Titans 28

The Texans are so inept and pathetic they still lose the game. What a sorry bunch we've got here.
Yeah but those are all garbage yards. When we have an 18+ point lead we're playing to not lose. We played a "bend but don't break" defense in the second half.
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

That is basically a crock "Tack" fan. Pacman doesn't get his punt return for a TD and it's potentially a 22-21 Texans win (assuming of course that the Texans get the stop on that drive).

The game was within reach. As long as there's sufficient time remaining to catch the other team and your players are still playing hard there's no such thing as garbage time.
Old 10-29-2006   #5
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As evidenced by my screen name, I loved Vince Young as QB at Texas. He's a hometown hero, and no matter what else you say about him....he's a winner.

This especially sucks, because he has the chance to haunt the Texans for years to come. He's 2-2 as a starter with one of the losses being by one point at the Colts. We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves if we came within a point of the Colts.

We don't know what we're going to do at QB. Is Carr our guy? Your guess is as good as mine or anyone in the Texans FO or coaching staff. I'm glad we seem to be building this team from the lines out and that is a recipe for success, but to pass on someone with all of the upside of VY in the rebuilding process is a shame.

I'm a Texan fan, but I'll always pull for VY in every game but two.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That is basically a crock "Tack" fan. Pacman doesn't get his punt return for a TD and it's potentially a 22-21 Texans win (assuming of course that the Texans get the stop on that drive).

The game was within reach. As long as there's sufficient time remaining to catch the other team and your players are still playing hard there's no such thing as garbage time.
Haha. THIS JUST IN : Football has 3 phases
Old 10-29-2006   #7
UTVinceYoung
Play To Win

excuses excuses excuses
Some of you guys were complaining about the Jags having excuses for losing to your team now you guys are using excuses to why you lost to the Titans.

Do you see where I'm going with this?
UTVinceYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans excuse is....They Suck.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
excuses excuses excuses
Some of you guys were complaining about the Jags having excuses for losing to your team now you guys are using excuses to why you lost to the Titans.

I do! I do!

Old 10-29-2006   #10
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Quote:
3. I could care less if Vince Young is from Houston. I didn’t like him when he played for Texas and I especially don’t like him now that he is on the Titans. I also think he is never going to be the QB that Tennessee envisions him to be and am still glad the Texans did not waste a pick on him. But having said all of that even if he didn’t play great today he was on the winning side and thus has all the right in the world to brag. It makes my stomach turn.
USC fan?
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung View Post
excuses excuses excuses

Must be two blind Titan fans as I don't see an excuse on this thread. Only thing somewhat close was Herv noting if a punt wasn't returned for a TD, then potentially a Texans win.

Wow, what an OUTRAGEOUS excuse. Congrats on the win by the way.

Oh fanfromcali - one other reason, I'm sure the win gave Bud a big 'ol chubber to beat Houston. <shudders> eyyu... happy place, happy place, happy place
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #12
McMvp9
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

The game was never within reach, the game was basically over at 21-3.

The Titans started playing a weaker defense.
Old 10-30-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

stats don't mean much to me....it's that little W or L thing that is the only stat I really care about. You can churn out great stats and not win games in the NFL...happens all the time. If you are controling the game and letting teams get yards in between the 20's but give up lots of yards what does it really mean if you break down on 3rd downs...or can't score and win the game? Nothing is what it means.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Haha. THIS JUST IN : Football has 3 phases

It's a fact I've been aware of for some time but thank's for trying to be helpful. It's also completely irrelevent to this point which is about "garbage time" if you will recall and not Pacman's punt return.

My point was that Carr got the hook in the 3rd quarter and there was plenty of time left to overcome an 18 point lead. The Texans offense did in fact do that and scored 3 touchdowns. The fact that their special teams gave up a TD to Pacman is beyond the control of the offense.
Old 10-30-2006   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMvp9 View Post
The game was never within reach, the game was basically over at 21-3.

The Titans started playing a weaker defense.
Absolutely ridiculous. Football games are 60 minutes in length and there was plenty of time left when the game hit 21-3. The fact that the Titans were playing a weaker defense merely means that they never learned anything from Houston at Buffalo in 1993.

The game was on it's last breath when Pacman got his TD. Prior to that score the potential for a comeback was there.
Old 10-30-2006   #16
afcman
Veteran

The turnovers killed us. But when Sage got in we started clicking. Just wasn't enough time left. I still say go with Sage while it's working. Who cares why? It just worked. Don't mess with it if it's working.

Don't be surprised if Sage comes back in and keeps the job for the rest of the year.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #17
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
stats don't mean much to me....it's that little W or L thing that is the only stat I really care about. You can churn out great stats and not win games in the NFL...happens all the time. If you are controling the game and letting teams get yards in between the 20's but give up lots of yards what does it really mean if you break down on 3rd downs...or can't score and win the game? Nothing is what it means.
3 teams won yesterday with QB throwing for less then 100 yds. VY, Walter, and Garrard. Your OL was the reason you lost. You guys are so caught up up in all the garbage yds after the game was essentially over.........when the other team goes prevent for 1.5 quarters and puts 8 in coverage.........youre going to get garbage yds exchanged for time.............that is exactly what happened.

Good Post Vinny.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Yeah but those are all garbage yards. When we have an 18+ point lead we're playing to not lose. We played a "bend but don't break" defense in the second half.
7 of Tennessee's 10 possessions were 4 plays or less. The Titans didn't "win" that game, as much as they didn't lose it. And don't give me the garbage time BS. The Titans didn't need to be in a position were they need to recover an onside kick to preserve the win or face the Texans marching down to steal it from them. Then they can't even get a first down to seal the win. If not for the Texans "not in such a big hurry up" offense They probably would have had a minute or more to do something at the end rather than 4 seconds.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #19
profan
Veteran

Well, they were not all garbage yards. When the texas got in the red zone were these garbage yards?, i don't think so. I agree stats do not tell the whole story, but if our defense did not hold the titans at two touchdowns, this game would have been a complete blowout. stats don't win games, but the best teams usually have the best stats. We beat pittsburgh pretty bad in 2002 with one of the worst offensive performances in team history. I was happy we won, but knew we had a long way to go and realized Pitt really just beat themselves. and yesterday we just beat ourselves.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #20
Bongo59
Veteran

you saw a differnt game than us..............we played total zone and prevent D after it was 28-10.................everything after that is garbage...........we stopped rushing the QB.............and if we did not we would have had at least two more sacks.............Our DL always gets pressure against you guys because it is the biggest weakness you hve never addressed............as much as you all have the Jags number..........we have yours. It is all about matchups. We'll see how it goes in houston soon with VY. He is only going to get better and youre OL is not getting better until the offseason.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read