Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

Default Mario Williams

had a decent day....3 tackles and 1 int

he seems to be improving by the week
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Mario Williams

On the pay where he got the sack, he also forced VY to pull down the screen pass. It was a nice play on Mario's part. He will have his ups and downs as a rookie, but I think we took the right guy (well, since we couldn't get Ferguson).
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanadoUHCoog View Post
had a decent day....3 tackles and 1 int

he seems to be improving by the week
interception? am i missing something?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

sry meant sack
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
FanFromCali
Rookie

Yeah, one of the few positives from an otherwise bad day...

I think he is going to be a good one.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

the play he got his sack on was great. first he read the screen and jumped in front of vy, then recovered and caught up to him and brought him down. Also, we pretty much shut down their running game. umm, how did we lose?
Old 10-29-2006   #7
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Turnovers. They hurt us so bad. If we hadn't had any turnovers, we would have one easily. We are the better team, just today, we handed it to the Titans.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't have a sack. He tackled him across the line of scrimmage.
Old 10-29-2006   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
He didn't have a sack. He tackled him across the line of scrimmage.
It's a sack according to nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061029_HOU@TEN
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #10
opus74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Turnovers. They hurt us so bad. If we hadn't had any turnovers, we would have one easily. We are the better team, just today, we handed it to the Titans.
I think I heard that exact same thing from the jags last week.
opus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
My seats were right on the line, I promise you it wasn't. I watched the play, he ran up from behind and tackled him, then Mario looked up to see if it was a sack and it wasn't. It was a yard over.

I'm not attacking Mario, I'm just saying I saw it.
Old 10-29-2006   #12
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My seats were right on the line, I promise you it wasn't. I watched the play, he ran up from behind and tackled him, then Mario looked up to see if it was a sack and it wasn't. It was a yard over.

He lost a yard on that play. I could see that from my recliner. Tackling from behind like that usually adds a yard or two.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
HoustonTexans
Rookie

Quote:

And I was watching on TV and he was behind the blue line... sometimes its hard to tell when ur at the game...

NFL gave him the sack, commentators gave him a sack.. it was a sack
HoustonTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
K.D.
Veteran

Mario's sack was BEHIND the los. He had a productive day and so did the D as awhole. They played a good game but the to's, penalty's (salaam's particular), special teams did us in today.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I liked the play when he caught TravisWho?? from behind, to deny the 3rd down conversion.

He needs to get better at batting the ball down, he had plenty of opportunities today.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I liked the play when he caught TravisWho?? from behind, to deny the 3rd down conversion.

He needs to get better at batting the ball down, he had plenty of opportunities today.
I liked that part where the Titans won the game.
Old 10-29-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
penalty's (salaam's particular), special teams did us in today.
Not trying to take up for Salaam, but that's all about the home crowd. They were making Noise the whole time our boys had the ball. Not just when they got out of the huddle like we do, but the whole time.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I liked that part where the Titans won the game.
I like the part where the Texans outplayed the Titans on offense and defense but kicked themselves in the nuts by giving the ball away 5 times.
Old 10-29-2006   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I like the part where the Texans outplayed the Titans on offense and defense but kicked themselves in the nuts by giving the ball away 5 times.
I liked the part where our defensive line was getting to Carr like his feet were cemented to the ground. I like the part where we had 2 INTs and 1 fumble for a touchdown. I like the part where Pac-Man returned a punt for a TD. I like the part where the scoreboard read "28-22" at the end of the game.
Old 10-29-2006   #20
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not trying to take up for Salaam, but that's all about the home crowd. They were making Noise the whole time our boys had the ball. Not just when they got out of the huddle like we do, but the whole time.
Yeah I understand that but 4 false starts on the same person, that's just not being focused on snap count which really put us in bad situations being we were in the red zone on 2 of them I recall.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read