Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Beginning of the End...

As well as Carr has played at times this season, I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end of his days as a Houston Texan. He completely choked away the game today and will never be looked at the same way. Rosenfels is clearly a better QB for this system. He is light years ahead of Carr in the way he reads defenses and his poise in the pocket.

This was the most important game in franchise history and Carr proved today that he is not up to the task.

BTW... Zach Weigert should be cut tomorrow.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Beginning of the End...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Agree!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
As long as were on linemen, Salaam should too.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Agree!
Wiegart is still here because we have no one better at this point. He will not be here next year.

Changes are coming friends, it just takes time. The guys who cannot play will be replaced.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Quote:
As well as Carr has played at times this season, I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end of his days as a Houston Texan. He completely choked away the game today and will never be looked at the same way. Rosenfels is clearly a better QB for this system. He is light years ahead of Carr in the way he reads defenses and his poise in the pocket.

This was the most important game in franchise history and Carr proved today that he is not up to the task.

Why was this the most import game of franchise history? VY? Titans? two in a row? The biggest game this team has had was the game against Cleveland at the end of the 04 season that mde them losers for the season and began their spiral downward. Carr is what he is, an average quarterback just like 90% of this league. Brady, Manning, Mcnabb who else is really a great consistant QB. Up until the year Roethlisberger seemed as if he could keep his mistakes at a minimum so Pittsburg could win. We will find out soon enough what kind of character Carr has, I love the fact he was benched, we will no sooner rather than later if he can come back from the adversity. If not we are in troble because Sage is a mirage, just ask thouse in Miami who once thought he could be their guy as a starter. The backup QB is the most popular guy in the world, just ask Leinart, Cutler, Romo, and Sage, be carful what you wish for cause you just might get it!
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
be carful what you wish for cause you just might get it!
I'm sorry, but he can't be any worst than Carr...I'm willing to take that risk.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
.I'm willing to take that risk.
Me too. If it works....then go with it.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Possibly. I am willing to give Carr the entire season. If he can not put up a semblence of reliability this season I would look to trade or cut him. What are the implications on the salary cap if we cut him? What would he bring in a trade?

I still have faith he can be our guy but his fumbleitis is disheartening and I don't know if it is fixable.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

I dont think its going to matter because Kubiak is going to stick with Carr and I think he will make Carr into a servicable QB. However if Carr does flame out it will be different for Sage once he is the starter. One small advantage to being the backup is the lack of film and time spent game planning for your style of play. Once a team focuses on your tendencies, ability to move and what passes you can make the game begins to spped up again. Just like in todays game the Titans knew the bootleg was coming and did a great job covering it. I think they were a bit surprised when Sage came in and threw more from the pocket.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #10
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear View Post
Why was this the most import game of franchise history? VY? Titans? two in a row? The biggest game this team has had was the game against Cleveland at the end of the 04 season that mde them losers for the season and began their spiral downward. Carr is what he is, an average quarterback just like 90% of this league. Brady, Manning, Mcnabb who else is really a great consistant QB. Up until the year Roethlisberger seemed as if he could keep his mistakes at a minimum so Pittsburg could win. We will find out soon enough what kind of character Carr has, I love the fact he was benched, we will no sooner rather than later if he can come back from the adversity. If not we are in troble because Sage is a mirage, just ask thouse in Miami who once thought he could be their guy as a starter. The backup QB is the most popular guy in the world, just ask Leinart, Cutler, Romo, and Sage, be carful what you wish for cause you just might get it!
Agree with the end of the last statement, Carr should start
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Sage is definitely more poised. I noticed that in the pre-season.
Old 10-29-2006   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Our QB of the future has landed right in our lap....let's use him. SAGE!!
Old 10-29-2006   #13
jteg25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear View Post
agreed!!
Sage=Cody Carlson remember that guy..handed the team when moon left and what happened then. there are reasons for sayings like the grass isnt always greener..be careful what you wish for...this situation with sage is one of those reasons..i much rather prefer a first round rookie qb next year than super-sage at the helm...but thats just me
jteg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
SBTexans08
All Pro

I want to win. I don't care if it's the Cardinals or the Bears or Colts. Top tier teams shouldn't come into play. They are NFL teams....the Texans are an NFL team. I've seen teams that are low tier teams give those top tier teams hell....I'd like to see the same from our team. With Carr at the helm...that won't be possible. We've seen enough of this.

Sage on the other hand...looks like a QB, performs like a QB...giving us the best chance to win games. That's what we need....that's who needs to start and be our QB, spearheading our offense to give all NFL teams hell!!
Old 10-29-2006   #15
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Pray for Wiggle Room . . .

Kubiak has already named Carr the starter next week. I hope he left himself some wiggle room.

Rosenfels has more poise than Carr, sees the field better, moves the ball around better, has more escapability in the pocket, plays bigger and tougher, has more touch on the ball, and seems to have support of the other players. Also, just watching it on TV, he looks as if he has that elusive leadership thing, whereas Carr always looks like a pampered kid that somebody has given the QB job and the players are stuck with it.

Rosenfels is clearly the best QB on this team today, by a mile.

Can he keep it up? Who knows? If Kubiak has any sense at all, he'll wiggle out of whatever dumb remark he made today trying to avoid the dreaded "quarterback controversy," and he'll start Rosenfels next week. Just to see what happens. Carr needs to sit for a couple weeks, minimum.

This is a big test of what kind of person Kubiak is. He did the right thing replacing Carr today, and you could argue--because of the record, not the QB stats--that he should have tried it sooner.

But now that he's done it and Rosenfels outplayed Carr in a real game, with real winning at stake, he should start Rosenfels next week. It's a win/win situation.

If Rosenfels stinks up the park Kubes can bring back Carr, and Carr is the conquering hero. If Rosenfels plays as well as he did this week, then Kubes has got himself a real starting QB.

Brilliant!
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro

When Sage is in the huddle...he's got more of that eye of the tiger factor. He looks determined. He's got that look on his eye that he's convinced what they perform on the field will work. He looks like a captain!

All this is something Carr lacks, big time!
Old 10-29-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

wow against the titans.. sage lit it up against a good defense.

titans have a better defense than philly/indy/jags/cowboys

unbelieveably how sage is the savior after one half..Carr played horrible but geeze
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
When Sage is in the huddle...he's got more of that eye of the tiger factor. He looks determined. He's got that look on his eye that he's convinced what they perform on the field will work. He looks like a captain!

All this is something Carr lacks, big time!
you were in the huddle?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

The Titans' D is rapidly improving. They held Indy scoreless most of their game three weeks ago. And Sage still performed better against the Titans' D than David did.
Old 10-29-2006   #20
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
you were in the huddle?
Damn...what the hell is wrong with you and were you on the sidelines and were you in the huddle crap? OOOOEEEE!!

Look here....the game was televised. At times...you get a view in-between the linemen in the huddle and you can see the QB's face as it's focused on him. Give me a friggin break!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read