Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-29-2006   #1
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default What I like about Vince Young.

Now I realize that Young didn't have his greatest game today, but the thing about Vince is that he ALWAYS gives you a chance to win....he doesn't make silly mistakes, he's calm in the pocket, and he can make the big play from time to time.....Carr might have the better numbers than Vince on the season, but numbers don't mean everything........with a little more seasoning I see Vince being a great starter for years to come.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I like about Vince Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
Now I realize that Young didn't have his greatest game today, but the thing about Vince is that he ALWAYS gives you a chance to win....he doesn't make silly mistakes, he's calm in the pocket, and he can make the big play from time to time.....Carr might have the better numbers than Vince on the season, but numbers don't mean everything........with a little more seasoning I see Vince being a great starter for years to come.
NO argument here.
Old 10-29-2006   #3
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Shouldn't this be in the NFL section?

Vince has shown flashes but it remains to be seen if he will put it all together. He is 7/15 and if I was a Titan fan I would be uneasy about that but maybe he puts it together after some time under his belt under the tutiledge of Chow and Fisher.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
Bongo59
Veteran

2-2 in 4 starts. No mistakes. Pretty solid for a rookie. And he ran a long TD right against Mario. After that run Mario became very tenative just like Freeney and Mathis did. I think our DL killed your OL. KVB had 4 sacks two called back but he was unblockable. And AJones killed you again as I predicted on ST. He also completely shut down AJ in the first half. And his INT was another big play. We are not good but we also have a ton of talent. This was done without Haynesworth too.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL forum
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
NFL forum
Titan's forum.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #7
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I put it in this forum, because in a sense I'm comparing stats (Carr) to onfield play (vince)
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2006   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
2-2 in 4 starts. No mistakes. Pretty solid for a rookie. And he ran a long TD right against Mario. After that run Mario became very tenative just like Freeney and Mathis did. I think our DL killed your OL. KVB had 4 sacks two called back but he was unblockable. And AJones killed you again as I predicted on ST. He also completely shut down AJ in the first half. And his INT was another big play. We are not good but we also have a ton of talent. This was done without Haynesworth too.
First post I have seen from you that doesn't..................look...............like this................good job.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

No offense, but this looks like a case of bandwagoning.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #10
The Dream
Hall of Fame

no offense, but the points we're making are the truth....I think it's safe for us to say that VY appears to be a smarter and calmer QB than Carr.
Old 10-29-2006   #11
Bongo59
Veteran

4 games into his career I like the VY pick................He just is a great leader
Old 10-29-2006   #12
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

VY made plays and didn't make mistakes. He managed the game well, and the score would have likely been lopsided were it not for Mawae's bad snap and the blown call on Bennett. He was far from perfect, but he was very good when he needed to be... both his TDs were on 3rd downs right... just more of the same.... the pass to Bennett was a crucial play and a perfect throw. He's a playmaker and he seems to be a competent NFL QB. Not bad for a rookie.

Stats mean nothing... points, wins, and big plays mean a lot more.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
VY made plays and didn't make mistakes. He managed the game well, and the score would have likely been lopsided were it not for Mawae's bad snap and the blown call on Bennett. He was far from perfect, but he was very good when he needed to be... both his TDs were on 3rd downs right... just more of the same.... the pass to Bennett was a crucial play and a perfect throw. He's a playmaker and he seems to be a competent NFL QB. Not bad for a rookie.

someone tell this man what he won.
Old 10-29-2006   #14
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post

great posts here..............
Old 10-29-2006   #15
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

VY didn't win the game. Carr's mistakes won the game.

Carr had an undeniably terrible performance, but VY did not impress me aside from the regurgitation of his 2-play UT playbook.

It seems like you all are giving Vince praises simply because Carr played badly. I think it was possible to give him his praises without bringing Carr into the equation, but using him to justify VY growing up as a QB seems like some sort of.... non-VY related agenda.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #16
profan
Veteran

stats are for losers. Results are what winners look at. Vince young scrambles and scores a touchdown under pressure. DC throws an int into quadruple coverage. i'll take vince.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #17
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
VY didn't win the game. Carr's mistakes won the game.

Carr had an undeniably terrible performance, but VY did not impress me aside from the regurgitation of his 2-play UT playbook.

It seems like you all are giving Vince praises simply because Carr played badly. I think it was possible to give him his praises without bringing Carr into the equation, but using him to justify VY growing up as a QB seems like some sort of.... non-VY related agenda.
THAT'S the thing though....Carr makes mistakes, and Vince rarely does...and that is VITAL when we're talking about being a good QB.....Vince won't lose the game for you, but Carr can.
Old 10-29-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what I like about VY is he ran that punt back for a TD.
that fumble recovery for a TD before the half was inspiring to me

so versatile.. I love it..

seriously.. I like VY but was nothing special today.. lets say he was Dilferish.. in his way not of not hurting the Titans team
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
THAT'S the thing though....Carr makes mistakes, and Vince rarely does...and that is VITAL when we're talking about being a good QB.....Vince won't lose the game for you, but Carr can.
rarely does.. comeone.. Vince will be good. but he has made mistakes.. 5 games 4int's 4 fumbles.

Y'alls Godlike vision of VY amazes, me.. it really is making me not like the guy. Vince will be a good QB someday, and his leadership is uncanny, but other than that right now, he is learning on the job.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Sage Rosenfels played better than Vince Young.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read