Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2006   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What did we do to deserve this????

This city hasnt been able to really enjoy an NFL team since what, before the choke job in Buffalo???

I see very little hope at the moment...and am sick to my stomach right now.

This blows.

Last edited by Tailgate; 10-29-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What did we do to deserve this????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
This city hasnt been able to really enjoy an NFL team since what, before the choke job in Buffalo???

This blows.
I hear ya. I haven't lived in Houston for over 20 years and I have lived in several other NFL cities since. I don't know why I subject myself to this torture.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #3
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

It's sad to be the laughingstock of the NFL. It sucks to see the opponents look at us as dog meat. It also sucks that every team who plays Houston feel they don't have to give it their 100% because they know they only have to give 50%.

We just suck and we won't be decent until 2010.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
What did we do to deserve this????
We drafted David Carr...AND then proceeded to resign him after we knew that he sucked.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

we drafted maria williams, thats what THEY did
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I can't even complain about Mario......the defense actually played good today....it's Carr's fault, and I don't think I'm being too harsh when I say that.
Old 10-29-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
Yeah...those 190 yards and 2 TD's we gave up on D, one of which came from 20 yards away are definately the reason we lost. Just like VY's 50% completions and 100 yards are the reason they won. Couldnt have something to do with the ****ty protection, countless penalties, dumb mistakes in every phase of the game, and inability to protect the ball. Nope, its all on Mario.
Old 10-29-2006   #8
T_Guru
Rookie

I thought Mario Williams was one of the few bright spots for you guys. He's going to be an elite player. I think you guys won out by getting him and then getting a steal in the sixth in Lundy. Throw in what looks like a future pro bowler in Ryans and I think you guys are on the right track. It might just take another year to undo a lot of what Capers did.
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #9
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nope, its all on Mario.
pretty much...lol
Old 10-29-2006   #10
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

ask the titan fans if theyll trade us vince for maria.
Old 10-29-2006   #11
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Guru View Post
I thought Mario Williams was one of the few bright spots for you guys. He's going to be an elite player. I think you guys won out by getting him and then getting a steal in the sixth in Lundy. Throw in what looks like a future pro bowler in Ryans and I think you guys are on the right track.
It was a good draft for us... Owen Daniels also had like 10 catches and a couple touchdowns today.
Maybe we will be competitive after a couple more similar drafts.:brickwall
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #12
vast321
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to vast321

turned the ball over 5 times:brickwall
1 Peter 3:15
vast321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #13
opus74
Rookie

Quote:
ask the titan fans if theyll trade us vince for maria.
NFL - Not Feckin' Likely
opus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
if you're gonna pull excuses out your @$$ at least spell his name right.
Old 10-29-2006   #15
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
if you're gonna pull excuses out your @$$ at least spell his name right.
yeah when in doubt, go to the spelling card. good opinion there chad luver
Old 10-29-2006   #16
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
It's sad to be the laughingstock of the NFL. It sucks to see the opponents look at us as dog meat. It also sucks that every team who plays Houston feel they don't have to give it their 100% because they know they only have to give 50%.

We just suck and we won't be decent until 2010.

That could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard! If a team is not giving 100% they dont block and extra point, return a punt for TD and a fumble for a TD. I cant stand Bud Adams but Jeff Fisher is a good coach and his teams always give 100% even though sometimes the lack of overall talent makes it look worse.

The Texans had a great week last week and thought they had turned the corner, hell the players said it all week! Until all the aspects of our team play well this is what we are going to see, good one week and bad the next. We still cant block, our starting (?) QB needs a damn handle sewn to the football and with all that it still took turnovers and special teams failures to lose this game.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this is God's way of punishing Houstonians for Pasadena.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

This blows.
It's the curse of the snorting bull and six shooter - since Bud had us pull that out to put extra seats in the dome....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #19
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Maybe this is God's way of punishing Houstonians for Pasadena.
lmao ....
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006   #20
DenverBorn
Veteran

Since the loss to Buffalo? Try the 1961 AFL Championship game
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read