Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-27-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ernie Sims vs. DeMeco Ryans

It will be hard for DeMeco to win DROY if Ernie Sims continues his play in Detroit. He has 59 tackles with 0 sacks and 1 pass defensed while DeMeco has 53 tackles with 1.5 sacks and 1 pass defensed. He also has 7 more assits. They both have yet to get an interception.

Also Donte Whitner has 45 tackles at safety with 1 interception and 2 passes defensed.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #2
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Ernie Sims vs. DeMeco Ryans

Detroit hasn't played their bye week IIRC. Should be a good race but I think the team with more wins at the end of the season will produce the DROY.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

We will continue to see DeMeco involved in the pass rush, so I think he will have quite a few sacks by the end of the season. He also has had a couple chances at an INT, but he kinda got excited and it ended up just being a deflection. He looks to me like he is settling down and we should see him make an even bigger impact soon.... especially against the Titans. I can't wait to see his first INT.
Old 10-27-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the thing i like about sims is that he brings alot of energy to his game, and it rubs off on team mates, but i thin Demeco is a smarter player, and if DeMeco continues his play and doesnt win DROY i will be mad, that will be two rookies that have gottin screwed then
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I'm pulling for DeMeco, you gotta give Sims credit for having that
many tackles while not playing in the middle.
I'd really like to see this guy play, as from I read about him he's a real mad
man who was an unbelievable hitter. Matter fact, maybe too much of a hitter
since I think he had multiple concussions in college and he is smallish and that combo doesn't always make for a long career.
But we still aren't at the half-way mark in the season, so its far too early to
be crowning anyone just now.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
We will continue to see DeMeco involved in the pass rush, so I think he will have quite a few sacks by the end of the season. He also has had a couple chances at an INT, but he kinda got excited and it ended up just being a deflection. He looks to me like he is settling down and we should see him make an even bigger impact soon.... especially against the Titans. I can't wait to see his first INT.
I've heard that DeMeco can't catch a cold. Apparently he has hands of stone.
Old 10-27-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Yea thats why he hits so hard.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Yea thats why he hits so hard.
I don't get this. Sarcasm? Or just a completely different topic with my quote?
Old 10-27-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't get this. Sarcasm? Or just a completely different topic with my quote?
Sarcasm.

Stone hands would hit pretty hard.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
What game was it the a pass hit him square in the chest, and he missed it?
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #11
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Sarcasm.

Stone hands would hit pretty hard.
....sounds like the making of a chuck norris joke.

demeco ryans doesn't intercept passes....the ball is too afraid of his stone cold hands.
Old 10-28-2006   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
As much as I'm pulling for DeMeco, you gotta give Sims credit for having that
many tackles while not playing in the middle.
I'd really like to see this guy play, as from I read about him he's a real mad
man who was an unbelievable hitter. Matter fact, maybe too much of a hitter
since I think he had multiple concussions in college and he is smallish and that combo doesn't always make for a long career.
But we still aren't at the half-way mark in the season, so its far too early to
be crowning anyone just now.
I saw him play his senior year of college...i dont remember any concussions but i could be wrong. I remember he used to say that he still hadn't gotten his "perfect hit", and I saw him light some guys up real bad in college. He is def more athletic than Ryans. But, I think what Sims has in athletic ability, Ryans has in instincts and intelligence.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

geeze louise.. demeco'd teammate has 6.5 sacks for the Bears with 11 tackles...when he makes a play he makes a play (granted he is surrounded by arguable the best defense in the league)

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/405604
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't "miss" it. He blocked it with his chest. I don't remember that play and I might not have seen it, but, in his defense, a hard thrown ball that you can't get your hands up to (or down to--whatever) is very hard to stop and catch once it actually hits that chest protector part of your shoulder pads. That's the whole reason they teach wide-outs to catch with their hands and not let the ball come into their bodies, because if it hits the pads instead of the stomach it's gonna bounce out faster than you can close your arms around it and it's gonna bounce at an angle upward too, making it even harder to stop.

Of course, he could still have stone hands.

I just admitted I could be wrong.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read