Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-27-2006   #1
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Bill Simmons is an *****

And I quote "Hey, can you hear the swearing coming from the Lone Star State? That's the sound of the entire Texans fan base realizing that their team could have picked Bush, hired Payton as their new coach and dumped David Carr to sign Brees. Ouch."

DUDE...GET OVER IT!

Other writers are saying we're a team poised for a 2nd half surge...and you're still dropping blurbs on our draft, coaching choice and Carr!?!? If we're looking at individual performance, not W-L records, which QB is doing better this year?

Close your proverbial mouth Bill Simmons....you have stupid coming out of your face hole!

(here's the entire article in case you care)...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/061027
Old 10-27-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Simmons is an *****

Who is Bill Simmons and why should I care?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Word. Just another *****.
Old 10-27-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Right! It's on page 2 as well. Everything on page 2 is either moronic or comical. Now, let's get ready for some football!!:bananasplit:
Old 10-27-2006   #5
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Right! It's on page 2 as well. Everything on page 2 is either moronic or comical. Now, let's get ready for some football!!:bananasplit:
I understand....and agree. I guess it's just kinda like the "Uncle Rico"s of the world that keep talking about shoulda/coulda/woulda without even paying attention to REALITY.

Makes you wanna :brickwall followed by

Just expressing my

Cheers,

S
Old 10-27-2006   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Why does everyone complain when something bad is said about the Texans, honestly. Don't take it to heart.

These Page 2 guys, thats all they do is write things which are humourous. Bill Simmons is still one of my favourite sports writers, even if he does write stuff like that. Yeah, once I read it I did laugh, and moved on.
Old 10-27-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
Why does everyone complain when something bad is said about the Texans, honestly. Don't take it to heart.

These Page 2 guys, thats all they do is write things which are humourous. Bill Simmons is still one of my favourite sports writers, even if he does write stuff like that. Yeah, once I read it I did laugh, and moved on.
That is the same thing I did.

This guy has never written a serious article for ESPN. His job is to write stuff about sports that will make people laugh.

Most people outside of Texas still laugh at the Texans so they are easy to write about.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2006   #8
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Threads about Bill Simmons on this board is like an annoying fly that keeps getting let back into the house. He's always going to say something *****ic because he thinks it's funny.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Page 2 is just trying to be funny...they are most of the time.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I usually really like Simmons, but for whatever reason his idotic bashes of the Texans really piss me off. Like claiming Mario over Reggie was a worse choice then Cullpeper over Brees. Hmm..one has 2.5 sacks and leading an improving defense, the other is benched in favor of Joey Harrington. Also, attributing the entire Saints turnaround to Bush and Brees...the fact they got a Pro Bowl RB back, got to play at home, and were 8-8 the year before Katrina has nothing to do with it...
Old 10-27-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
And I quote "Hey, can you hear the swearing coming from the Lone Star State? That's the sound of the entire Texans fan base realizing that their team could have picked Bush, hired Payton as their new coach and dumped David Carr to sign Brees. Ouch."

DUDE...GET OVER IT!

Other writers are saying we're a team poised for a 2nd half surge...and you're still dropping blurbs on our draft, coaching choice and Carr!?!? If we're looking at individual performance, not W-L records, which QB is doing better this year?

Close your proverbial mouth Bill Simmons....you have stupid coming out of your face hole!

(here's the entire article in case you care)...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/061027
Yea I think about that all the time . Gimmie a freakin break.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
I usually really like Simmons, but for whatever reason his idotic bashes of the Texans really piss me off.
LMAO-eventhough it was prob unintentional....

anyway- bills a great writer imo.. has a reggie man-crush though so dont get too mad over it- the bress and payton thing was just dumb though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #13
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

For the most part I like his stuff and most of the time the only reason I hit the ESPN site. That being said, I hate him for all the bagging he does on Houston, never anything good to say. Texans, BS. When the Super Bowl was here, BS. All-Star Game, BS. Then again he bags on pretty much anywhere if it isn't Boston.

He's entertaining, but we'll see what he says about this place when the Texans are a powerhouse.
Old 10-27-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

If a team wants to pick a back in the first round, why would they draft Reggie Bush when Laurence Maroney is still on the Board ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Not one of Bill's finest articles, but still pretty funny. Don't know what some of you all are getting so worked up about. He poked at the Texans....So what else is new??? It's entertainment. And it's also funny how other sport writers who are supposedly picking us to win is a better writer automatically, and those who pick us to loose or say bad things about us becomes a moron instantly. Chill out, it's their job to write articles and stuff that will cause reaction. Otherwise we wouldn't read it.
Old 10-27-2006   #16
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

I just saw this article...I will be sure to email him some virtual crow to eat when we beat the Tacks.

His prediction:

TITANS (-3) over Texans
Too much Travis Henry.

I am calling for a Texans victory this game. I see it as a close game but a definite Texan victory.

Last edited by Nbkan; 10-27-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Nbkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoy Bill Simmons. If you've read his stuff you know he doesn't like the city of Houston. I don't think he has much of a bias towards the Rockets or the Astros, but just the city overall. Doesn't bother me. I'm sure other sportswriters don't like cities such as Detroit or Philly, etc... He's a funny writer. Don't take his article too heart. He wrote something similar to this before the season started and someone started a thread about that as well. It's an uproar over nothing in my opinion.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67402 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Simmons is a humor writer. It's all toungue in cheek stuff. I don't neccesarily think this one was funny, but some of you crack me up. Getting all worked up about what some writer on some website said. And that impacts you how? That impacts the Texans how? I only wish I had so few problems as you people apparently have. Grow up, get a life, and grow a pair.
Old 10-27-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

does he seriously think the Texans would want Dallas' old offensive coordinator as our coach??

Denver South, I can live with.

Dallas South..... hell no.

& I like Dallas.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #20
Doug
All Pro

Haven't we had these same types of threads and posts over the same guy about different articles in the past? Some people think he's funny and some think he's an *****. I personally think he's a somewhat funny *****. Until this team does something, like start winning, they're going to get made fun of. Let's move on.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read